It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercury has been destroyed in a collision

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
lol, looking at all these childish comments.. I really wish it did blow up.
All these kids so quick to dismiss anythinig that is bigger then their own backyard.
How about trying to prove the OP wrong instead of just assuming things

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

Because if it were true:

A. We'd have heard about it — Brittany Spears can't fart without the world knowing, do you really think the loss of the first planet in our solar system would go unnoticed?
B. There would be absolutely nothing that could be done about it - it would be an event so far outside the realm of human experience that the entire globe would come to a screeching halt within hours.
C. It would mean that the morons were right -- I'd kill myself instantly.
edit on 19-8-2011 by Smack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

A. We'd have heard about it ......

Would that tube video not be "hearing about it" ? or is "hearing about it" only offical when its shown in your TV at home ?

C. It would mean that the morons were right..

So everybody that theorize about "out of this world stuff" is a moron.. ?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

Brown dwarfs are not invisible as some would have you believe.

not saying i agree with this elenin crap, coz i dont, but if there were something it might not be a brown dwarf, they did just discover a planet that reflects only 1% of light, making it darker than charcoal.

So apparently we can discover planets dark as charcoal, only reflecting 1% light from 750 light years away. And for whatever reason, we are unable to detect something probably reflecting more light, probably MUCH larger, from relatively, a hop, skip, and a jump away from us?

P.S. Mercury is fine, and says to say Yo! to everyone.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

Britney spears can't fart without the world knowing it. And while we are all enamored with her glamorous flatus the government passes more legislation that eats away at our freedoms and no one but the truly dedicated say a peep about it.

Probably not the best of example for why we'd know about something as game changing as the destruction of a planet doing you think? Hell if they made Spears and Gaga fart at the same time, the people wouldn't notice that the sun went out.

That said, I don't believe Mercury is gone. But STILL. Probably not the best example.
edit on 20-8-2011 by Vaykun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

Originally posted by DaveNorris

Brown dwarfs are not invisible as some would have you believe.

not saying i agree with this elenin crap, coz i dont, but if there were something it might not be a brown dwarf, they did just discover a planet that reflects only 1% of light, making it darker than charcoal.

So apparently we can discover planets dark as charcoal, only reflecting 1% light from 750 light years away. And for whatever reason, we are unable to detect something probably reflecting more light, probably MUCH larger, from relatively, a hop, skip, and a jump away from us?

P.S. Mercury is fine, and says to say Yo! to everyone.

i dont beleive the whole brown dwarf thing, we would know by know if it was there. the dark planet thingy, is a gas giant like jupiter but its so close to its star that the atmosphere is made up uf metallic plasma or something, but they still dont know why its so dark, come to think of it i dont remember reading how they discovered it...........

wait, heres the link www.cfa.harvard.edu...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hmmm a planet being destroyed would be seen even in daylight, but thats pretty funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join