It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Storm: The England Riots Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
"opportunistic criminality & thuggery"

I think this phrase accurately describes what happened in the UK . Nothing short . Using the guise of protest and being fed up to justify there stealing and violence . Plain and simple.

This documentary shows the starting events that lead up to the riots

Was it really about a boy being shot point blank ?

Was it about the 16 year old girl who stood up to the lines to "find out", and then got to taste the end of a baton?

It shows how it started , what sparked it , who took advantage , what the locals think about it , and politicians views.

I do not agree that the riots in the UK were justified . But this documentary tries to show it might have been.

You can't defeat violence with more violence .

The people who get hurt are your locals , tourism , taxes ,

We all pay for it one way or another .

If you were tired of bigger government then you just got more of it thanks to these criminals running around stealing .

Was this boy a government agent ? or a police officer?

Was this good citizen a police officer stoping crime ?

Stick it to the man ? destroy destroy destroy ? your own communities ?

please help your self ... free for all

You tell em buddy! NOT

Spread your messege buddy !

Destroy property of the same people who are on the same plate as you ! Real smart...NOT

Tragic sad day for the people of london

I hope you punk kids get what you deserve....

i do not support your broken sense of justice or sticking it to the man

i do not believe you are true patriots helping your country

you shame your country , and you shame man kind with this disgusting display of disobeidence , violence, and double standards .

Monkey see monkey doo i suppose..

For the judges who are bringing down harsh sentences i hope the same sentences are handed out to the kids in the u.s with violent flash mobs and store looting .

This behavoir is unacceptable. Not justified . I am not on your side.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I guess you will be pleased by the disproportionate sentences that have been handed out then?

Originally posted by seedofchucky

The people who get hurt are your locals , tourism , taxes ,

We all pay for it one way or another .

lol... Maybe you have forgotten we are paying to bail out dodgy bankers to the tune of £850 billion
www.independent.co.uk...

and/or Libya campaign costing £40m a month www.independent.co.uk...

My point is, do you not see a corrupt Government who willingly poor money into wars and lining their own pockets and taxing us left right and centre? I guess you are ok with that?

Contrast that with poor inner city areas, lack of aspiration, family breakdown, lack of social cohesion - mainly due IMO to capitalism's main driver being profit and self interest (so people regardless of social status look out for themselves, the media transmitting the whole celeb culture = status, and money = status etc etc etc etc..

These are just a few of the strands that IMO added to the riots, to reduce this to just thuggery is naive.

An interesting view on the riots from young people - rather than the daily mail - or your Nebraskan equivalent.
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 18-8-2011 by slinkey10 because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by slinkey10

"My point is, do you not see a corrupt Government who willingly poor money into wars and lining their own pockets and taxing us left right and centre? I guess you are ok with that?"

no im not okay with that .

the corrupt governments are another issue...

this is another issue were dealing with .

Don't confuse good patriots who are truly fed up and bring them into the same group as these hooligans...

two differnt worlds apart...

the governments are another issue altogether ... these punk kids took advantage with the guise of protesting

"These are just a few of the strands that IMO added to the riots, to reduce this to just thuggery is naive"

naive would be looking at these thugs as doing something benificial for society ...

they did nothing benificial

they cost more then anything

we can now thank them for more government

more cameras

more security checks

more invasion of privacy

these punk kids deserve alot more then what the judge is handing out

They are lucky i am not the judge i assure you . These kids would be made an example of for the rest of the world.

and no i don't use violence as a form of discipline

i would be just as ugly as these punk kids and there supporters if i was too...

edit on 18-8-2011 by seedofchucky because: (no reason given)

join