It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citibank customer in Indonesia killed because he didn't pay his debts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
That's nice business you got there, Citibank. Pay us or die!

Scandals tarnish Citibank’s image in Indonesia

Irzen Octa, a down-on-his-luck Indonesian businessman, suffered a torment familiar to millions of Americans struggling with debts racked up in better times: He feared losing his home.

In the end, he managed to keep the ramshackle two-story house where he and his wife raised their two now-teenage daughters. Instead, Octa, pursued by Citibank over a $5,700 debt on his platinum credit card, lost his life.

The 50-year-old businessman, invited to a Citibank office in Jakarta in late March, collapsed in a tiny room set aside by the U.S. bank for questioning of deadbeat debtors. He died shortly afterward — a casualty of a “harsh interrogation,” said Jakarta police spokesman Baharudin Djafar.

Five people, none of them Citibank employees, have been arrested on suspicion of “group violence” and “mistreatment resulting in death.”

Here's how I think it went down... Little guy couldn't pay his debts. Citibank hires some private ``debt collectors`` to get the guy to pay. They beat him up, then drag him to the bank in the ``interrogation room``... and he dies shortly after because the debt collectors went ``too far``... of course nobody from Citibank will get arrested... it was the sub-contractor ``fault``...

Citibank, Indonesia’s biggest foreign bank, said its internal investigation found no evidence of physical violence.

Internal investigation, aka BS.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

and i thought amex was tough...

but seriously,
this "sub-contracting" enforcement is just another step towards removing ALL liability for corporations...
and governments, military etc...

seeya

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

These must be Citibank’s collection thugs:

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
he wouldve been better off borrowing from ah longs .. They dont even go that far in collecting debts..
Bankers getting to arrogant thinking they're above the law and can do anything even murder and get away with it.. Personally I wont deal with any damn bank and look forward to when the whole corrupt system collapses..

Sad part is that life will be much harder for the mans family since citibank murdered him over damn money.. My sympathy to his wife and daughters..

new topics

top topics

join