It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roswell File

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Hi all,

Everyone remember the "fbi vault files?"
Well, I started a thread about the fbi vault files being compromised a while back and it can be viewed here, but it never picked up any steam. So I am starting this thread for a couple reasons.

1. To raise awareness about the fbi vault to anyone who doesn't know about it, or who missed the original release of these files

2. To see if anyone else downloaded the original Roswell.pdf, and might be noticing the same thing i've noticed.

Okay first off, I downloaded the roswell.pdf file many many months ago. If I remember correctly, it was 57 or 67 pages long, and 1.something megabytes. Days later, I was trying to show someone the files on a different computer, and noticed the file available for download was now 1 page, and 57 KILObytes. QUITE a difference huh!

I still have/had the original .pdf so I showed my friend the file I downloaded. This was still several months ago.

NOW, tonight, Aug 17, 2011, I decided to look at the file again, just for kicks. To my surprise, the file is now 22 pages long, 1.22.mb, and No Longer has the same content that my original download once had.

So I am asking any atsers that may have downloaded the pdf, BEFORE the f.b.i. shortened it to one page, if your file is still the same?

I have kept my file on a storage card in my android, so I cant think of any way it could have been altered, but it's definitely got me thinking.

There are several files worth reading/downloading on the vault site, if you havn't been to the site i'll post a link to it so you can check it out.

So ATS, what do you think we have here?

Vault site
edit on 03/27/2010 by sirhc0329 because: changed the title

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

I for one would like to see what was "deleted". Good thread, good idea. S+F and I'll be watching for more here.

Thanks for the heads up

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

thanks. I hope more comes of this thread too....i'd like some answers!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wait a minute... are you saying the file you originally downloaded and stored has changed? Or am I misunderstanding?
edit on 18-8-2011 by N3k9Ni because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

nah buddy, thats right. I d/l it on my droid and kept it there, and tonighr I was going to make a thread called "the original roswell pdf" but the darn pdf ive had for months, is totally freakin different now. I have NO clue how that would be possible, sort of why I put it out there... to see if anyone else has had similar occurences, or if anyone has the original pdf before it was dwarfed to one page. The file I originally downloaded was full of magic marker lines and military related stuff, now it's like a documentary about what the "roswell incident" was or IS.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
you cant win, if you had printed it off in its original form, then compared it to the "updated version" it would be called fake

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king
you cant win, if you had printed it off in its original form, then compared it to the "updated version" it would be called fake

I know right. Ehhh well, maybe somebody has the "original" and I can somehow upload the "updated" THEN we can compare!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhc0329

Ahhh i get you! thats very odd, im at work at the moment but im certain i downloaded the roswell pdf a few months back on my home laptop - ill check and re post tonight after ive checked.

S+F

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Interesting. It would not surprise me if they had changed the documents; they're always trying to create loop holes so you can only dig so deep.

As for the file updating itself, it is possible to a certain degree. At my office we are partners with Adobe, we use their servers for document management, among other things. So, if i change my .PDF file on my machine, it will automatically update on the server and then send that update out to every other machine on the network using that file.

However, I do not believe this is possible on android phones/tablets yet nor on such a mass scale as the FBI Vault. Having said that, it’s the FBI, they'll have many tricks of the trade to work with.

Happy hunting!

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I have just read a Nick Redfern book that suggested roswell and abductions are the work of demons and not ETs! any thoughts on that?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids
I have just read a Nick Redfern book that suggested roswell and abductions are the work of demons and not ETs! any thoughts on that?

I'm a very open minded person, so I wouldnt dismiss it. But can you elaborate a little on that?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhc0329
NOW, tonight, Aug 17, 2011, I decided to look at the file again, just for kicks. To my surprise, the file is now 22 pages long, 1.22.mb, and No Longer has the same content that my original download once had.

So I am asking any atsers that may have downloaded the pdf, BEFORE the f.b.i. shortened it to one page, if your file is still the same?

Hi sirhc0329,

If you email me the 22 page file you have, I may well be able help.

My email address is simply my ATS username at gmail.com.

By the way, I have previously written a relatively long post about one of the documents that got a lot of publicity when the FBI launched "the Vault" : Debunked! The FBI alien bodies memo – A case study in the reinvention of the wheel.

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 18-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mandroids

Can you give us the title of the book , as far as I am aware Nick Redfern believes it was an experimental craft and the bodies were handicapped Japanese prisoners , equally as ridiculous as it being the work of demons in my view.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks IsaacKoi, i'll email it as soon as I hit submit. BTW do you have the pdf in it's 7mb original form? I went back and read my old thread about this and it was 69 pages and 7.something megabytes when I first downloaded it. I wish I would've saved it to a different disk. Grrrrrr! Haha.

new topics

top topics

join