It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have been thinking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
With all the things going on lately, police brutality, the unjust laws alienating the public, temper or heat rising, and the fear of people losing their lives over protests that tend to turn violent, why don't we all do our part and begin educating people, not just over the internet, but IRL as well?

I did an experiment the other day, and actually walked into several police stations to ask questions. Research in hand, a file of over 200 pages worth of news articles, screen shots of forums of people discussing the topics, including valid solutions given by the public. I must say...the results were unexpected, and helped me change my views on police officers. You guys need to understand, officers are human too and you would be surprised on how much they actually share your point of view upon being educated.

Now first question you may ask, why are officers doing what they do and not know what is going on?

Answer: Some officers work 13-14 hour shifts, others even go 24 hours, the job is very exhausting, while many think it's all about sitting in your car while eating doughnuts, this is really not the case. This doesn't give them enough time to do research on their own because they simply do not have the time to do it.
What about the time they DO have?

Most have a family of their own, being an officer is tiring enough when working shifts, the last thing on their mind is world problems, because they need to take care of other priority's as-well like taking care of the house and family.

So what's the point?

Point is, if they can't do research, you have the responsibility to bring the research to them, and discuss views in a civilized democratic matter. Sometimes officers are bored enough to listen to what you have to say, sometimes they are interested because they too have witnessed the horrors.

Why do this in the first place?

Well, for one thing, officers can change their perspective and do the right thing. By showing respect you gain respect back. Ever heard the term "do unto others what you would like to be done on yourself?" this is one of them This would also help prevent things happening like what happened in the U.K where the riots occurred, on top of that, this would also help people regain some faith on the officers and also help the officers open their minds. This would also help prevent future laws that goes against organized protests, and instead of having an angry crowd we would get a happy crowd even cooking barbecue during protests instead of carrying weapons in case something wrong happens.

The point is people, you are the change that needs to happen, don't just sit around the computer, go to your local police department, armed with files of your own research, and please don't go with theories, go with facts. explain the concerns, it all starts with a single officer. They may actually thank you for the time you spent on it. This will spark up their own curiosity and actually find time to research for themselves.

reason why i say this is because I see a growing tension between law enforcements and the public, this tension must end in order to bring lasting peace and harmony. You are the change, so walk the path and lead by example. Violence is never the answer to anything, all it does is bring out more hate and despair.

Love and light

Namaste

edit on 17-8-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I Applaud you for a very good effort and vision.

Times are shifting.
edit on 17-8-2011 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
I Applaud you for a very good effort and vision.

I have friends and Fraternity brothers in the law enforcement. I met the chief of police who is a freemason, thanks to another Frat brother who is also a freemason. I have concerns over them because they are honorable good people. They too want to live in a better world.

I don't want to see them lose their lives over police hate when it could easily be prevented through education. Because lets face it, the world lacks education and that is one of the major sources of the problem.

This is my unbiast opinion. Sometimes you need to look at the source and realize police are not really the problem, the system is. The officers are victims too.

Edit: If people did things correctly, they can even try and seek an audience with the FBI. Who knows, an investigation may open because of the curiosity you sparked.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I just posted this in an other post, but i think it is related:

Not every good or even bad person can be judged by his/her believes, or view on the world!

If someone did not participate, did not consent, or did not silenced apon knowledge about it, and did not turn an eye away and therefore have no reason to doubt viewpoints debated by others.

You can not condemn them about the subject.

You can suspect (or envy) them of a lack of interest.

Or you can suspect (or pity ) them of a very busy life.

No more, no less.

In short, we have to educate and share.

Although ignorance is not an excuse for misbehavior!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EartOccupant
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Although ignorance is not an excuse for misbehavior!

I disagree, misbehavior is much more likely to occur due to ignorance. I guarantee you that if everyone was aware /educated and did their part on constructing a better society, this world would be a better place.

Soldiers kill because they do not know any better.
Police only follow orders of their superiors because in their mind they are doing the right thing by simply enforcing the laws without knowledge of the negative aspects of such laws.It's a Job, which grants money that buys survival. It's like working on a k-mart store and if you don't do your job you get fired. This is no different than being a police officer.

So yes, Ignorance is to blame and I just presented in the OP a solution to fix that ignorance.

top topics

join