It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 year old armed robber avoids jail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

A 12-year-old boy, one of the youngest armed robbers in the UK, has been spared detention because of his age.

The schoolboy burst into a store in West Bromwich with a 12-bore sawn-off shotgun demanding cash and cigarettes, Wolverhampton Crown Court was told.

But staff at Your Cheap Shop kept the youngster talking until police arrived.

The boy, now 13, admitted possession of a firearm with intent and attempted robbery and was sentenced to a three-year supervision order on Thursday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well Done to the shopkeeper for remaining so calm and cool. When the boy (no name for legal reasons I guess) asked him to fill a bag with money, he said there was no money in the till and when he was intructed to fill it with cigarettes instead, he told the boy he was underage.

If someone does that, even at the age of 12, they should go to jail. This was an attempted robbery where a firearm was involved. There should be a serious punishment, not 3 years of supervision.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yes i aggree .I live in florida near the place where the torists were killed at a rest stop by some kids.
Anyway these kids 14 to 17 years old were out of jail and back on the streets in weeks and a year later one held up a windixie shoting a clerk.
Ill tell you right now my 4 year old knews better then that and farther more he knows he cant just take things off a stors shelf . So trying the he dident knew any better thing is stupid .
if its found that the kids TRULY dident know better then the parents should be held accountible. News flash everone we (HUMAMNS are not born with morals we learn them from our parents or people around us .

join