It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question for Americans!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I had to start this thread to get Americans' take on the Electronic Voting System...

Do you trust the count?

Did we get to vote on it as American Citizens? NO !!!!

It can me manipulated !!!! easier than a hand count !! Do you agree or disagree?

LASTLY .. IF IS MANIPULATED, NO ELECTION MAY BE THE DECISION OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLES !!

Something to think about !!! And think Hard !!!!!
edit on 17/8/11 by masqua because: Edited All Caps in title

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
I had to start this thread to get Americans' take on the Electronic Voting System...

Do you trust the count?

Did we get to vote on it as American Citizens? NO !!!!

It can me manipulated !!!! easier than a hand count !! Do you agree or disagree?

LASTLY .. IF IS MANIPULATED, NO ELECTION MAY BE THE DECISION OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLES !!

Something to think about !!! And think Hard !!!!!
edit on 17/8/11 by masqua because: Edited All Caps in title

Totally agree!!!

We know since 9/11 what our Government is capable of. Knowing this....changes everything.

We do not vote in a President!

They decide who will be the puppet who will lie and can be bought. We however just sit around watching Dancing with the Stars not giving a rats a$$!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
There's far too much evidence of voter fraud to trust the electronic voting system.. plus there's no paper trail obviously to verify anything.

An electronic voting system would only be useful if you got a "voter receipt" and if the system also perhaps handled card punching automatically for you .. some kind of checks and balances .. even then I'm sure there's a way for it to be screwed up.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I haven't hired anyone or done any personal investigations to find out if the system is rigged but knowing that a lot more people know a lot more about computers now than they used to so I don't doubt for one second that someone, somewhere has rigged the voting system and has a way to hide everything.

I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB put on this whole "voting" show for us to make us feel like we are in control and have an actual voice every 4 years.

I just go to push the pretty touch-screen buttons

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Thing is, I don't think there's an election in history that has been 100% honest. I really, really don't. Politics is a dirty business, and it always has been.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Agreed an electronic count has no trail so no evidence, thats why it was brought in, it can manipulate the votes with software and no one will ever know, so easy now to fool the public.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The thing is tho, if we all can agree as a nation on one particular canidate, namely Ron Paul LOL, and everyone votes for him, then there is no way they can say he didn't have the most votes. Especially if he wins all the straw polls by landslides. If we all as a nation can agree with each other to get him into office, I'm sure Ron Paul will get rid of electronic voting machines. I believe he will fire all of the secret service, and do away with this super congress bull. I believe he would help write a law to ban political lobbying as well. Making it a felony to take "bribes" from big business. That's where the tyranny came from that we see today. None of these topics he has touched on yet but I feel he is a man truly trying to make a difference. I also feel that he doesn't mention these in the campaigns because he doesn't want the establishment to know what he has up his sleeve. Remember, Ron Paul is an older man with a whole hell of a lot of wisdom and I have faith as a young man with a whole hell of a lot of wisdom that he can and will beat this corrupt system because love wills it. Sorry, don't mean to hijack your post but honestly things need to be said about truth and wisdom. Ron Paul is no idiot and knows everything about bilderberg, bohemian grove, and all the other secrets that the establishment is hiding and knows what he is going to do about it. He knows they are out to kill him and will not stop. It is up to us as free men/women to protect him through this because we know that TPTB will not.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I live in one of the states that had problems with their voting
machines.I am getting to the point where I am even considering
not voting in the next election.Since it seems to be that my vote
doesn't really count or matter you can become discouraged.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think the electronic voting system and the automatic bill signing devices have no place in American politics. Just think if some asshat group like Anon got ahold of an entry point....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
No the american citizen vote does oto count, there are electorial voters who are "supposed" to vote for the party thiri direct district reppresents. However A couple of elections back I actuallyl researched and discovered where the votes really come from. The political party your state Governors is, like Texas is a republican governor, therefore the electorial votes will be republican. Some states do not honor this system some states it is the law to vote a specific party. In california the govenor is republican this time, however there is no state law that requires electorials to vote a specific party, with california for kowo it will remain a blue state. anyowo theres a brief of the american political system.
I honestly do not know how we could de-seat tisi government being we the people dont matter in any and all decisions of our leadership even if we "think" we do. < Im 50, I have voted more times then I can remember>
peace

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The popular vote means nothing. The electoral college is not legally bound to vote with the populat vote. While historically, they have, they are not required to, and thus, any election can be rigged. The idea of a representative republic died long ago, and the party system which we employ actually spits in the face of the government we were intended to have. It's all a farce.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by CherubBaby

I don't believe that the counts are honest reflections of actual voting. I also think that handling with absentee ballots and those ballots cast from citizens overseas is rife with corruption.

Electronic voting should be abolished. You should have to come to a local polling place where you are registered, show ID and vote, having your name checked off the register. No ID, no vote.

All counting should be done with 4 folks, two from each party and the counting should be video taped.

People who attempt to commit voter fraud should serve a mandatory 1 year in jail and those who are found guilty of engaged in a conspiracy to commit voter fraud should serve a mandatory 5 years in prison.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I wanted to thank those of you who have stated your opinions !! It's pretty obvious how we The American People feel about this thus far.. I will Thread later on some points that will tie some very intersting possibilities to consider !! Your opinion counts so kepp um coming !!!

Thx

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I second that!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Well I hate to see this thread die before more of us cast an opinion !! With the replies so far we are about 75-80% agreed !!! This is a big issue for a fair election to be possible !!!

Thx

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Thank you for your post and opinion. It just blows my mind how people can pay so much attention to the elections and not realize their vote is controlled by a computer that is the Brainchild of The Govt.. Its pityable..

new topics

top topics

join