It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Number of the Beast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Revelation 13
[17] And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
[18] Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Esau was the older twin brother of Jacob. Amalek was Esau's grandson.

עֵשָׂו עֲמָלֵק
Esau Amalek = 616 using Hebrew numerals.
Hebrew numerals - en.wikipedia.org...
Genesis 25 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version) - www.blueletterbible.org.../25
Exodus 17 (Blue Letter Bible: KJV - King James Version) - www.blueletterbible.org.../8

revela tion mark of the beast 616 - Google Search

Or make Amalek plural by writing it Amalekim in Hebrew
עֵשָׂו עֲמָלֵקים
Esau Amalekim = 666

Adding an "im" to a name in Hebrew is akin to adding an "s" to an English name.

KJV Malachi 1:2-3
2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

Exodus 17:16 For he said, Because the LORD hath sworn that the LORD will have war with Amalek from generation to generation.

Esau
E = Ayin = 70
Sa = Shin = 300
U/W = Waw (Vav in Modern Hebrew) = 6
= 376

A = Ayin = 70
Ma = Mem = 40
Le = Lamed = 30
K = Qof = 100
= 240

= 616

I = Yod = 10
M = Mem = 40

= 666

* Note - Not all vowels are written in Hebrew, or other Semitic languages, such as Arabic, for that matter.

Can this possibly be mere coincidence?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is all about the popes. Here is a website that will be helpful: www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

1. Pick a number between 2 and 9. It can be 2 or it can be 9, or any number in between.

2. Take the number that you've chosen and multiply it by 9.

3. This should give you a two digit number. Take the two digits of the number and add them together. For example, if your number is 16, take the one and six and add them to make seven.

4. Take the resulting number and subtract 5 from it.

5. Take that number and correspond it to a letter in a alphabet. A =1, B=2, C=3, etc.

6. Take your letter, and think of a country that begins with that letter. For example, “B” might make you think of Brazil, “D” could be Denmark or “F” could be France.

7. Take the second letter in the name of that country and think of an animal. For example, “P” may make you think of a Penguin and “Z” may make you think of Zebra.

8. Do you now have a country and animal?

9. Hold that thought in your mind while I concentrate. (Pause here for a moment, make it look like you’re thinking).

10. Say, “I didn’t know that there were elephants in Denmark.”
reply to post by Khazaq

magic.about.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

interesting number play knowing that the resulting number if you multply by 9 will give you a number where the sum will add upto nine....then it is a simple mind play with the country knowing the resulting letter is going to be d and there leading us to the 2nd letter e....but hey how many people think that there are eels in denmark too.....lol

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
If there are a million different ways of producing either 666 or 616 through Gematria, how exactly are we supposed to choose between them?

This is the practical problem which completely undermines the value of Gematria as a way of identifying "the number of the Beast".

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Here's something very interesting about this.

The #9 represents truth. Any number multiplied by 9 will always have the sum of 9.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

Strangely enough, the first house I was born in was number 9. My favourite number is 9 and I'm born under the Chinese zodiac sign of the Dragon, which is strangely enough strongly related to the number 9...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Are there a million ways? Can you show me just ten more names that add up to 666 using Hebrew numerals? I believe it's rather significant that Esau is the only person in the Bible for whom Yahweh God expresses personal hatred by name. And is there any other person or tribe besides Amalek against whom Yahweh declares eternal warfare in that way?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 17-8-2011 by Khazaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Khazaq
reply to post by DISRAELI

Are there a million ways?

I wasn't counting. I was commenting hyperbolically on the fact that the internet is filled with different Gematria calculations. on this topic. There is one person even on this site who has identifed Georges Papandreou, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Rick Perry on different threads.
The multiplicity of possible answers makes Gematria much too ambiguous to be a useful tool, and to my mind that makes it unlikely that God would have intended us to use it this way.
In my own thread on the subject, I took the line that "6" is the symbolic number of humanity, in the same way that "7" is the symbolic number of God, and that "666" therefore symbolises the fact that humanity or something human is replacing God at the centre of worship.

P.S. On your suggestion that we can escape the ambiguity by limiting the calculation to Hebrew letters, I have just done a two-minute google search on "666 Gematria Hebrew", and the results include "Nero Caesar", "The Roman Empire", "The Roman people", "Barak Obama" and "George Bush".
edit on 18-8-2011 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

top topics

join