It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"So what you're saying is..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
quickly becoming one of my most despised phrases. any time someone starts off a post with "so what you're saying is" it is usually followed by the exact opposite of what you said. And the person saying it usually knows that. It is snotty and the second i see it, i shut down on anything else that person has to say after that. when someone has to twist your words around just to make it appear as though you said something you did not, it usually means that they've resulted to that due to the lack of being able to come up with anything credible to support their own position. Why can't people just accept it when someone has made a valid point on a subject, even if your position on the subject as a whole is the complete opposite, and just say "good point."

edit on 16-8-2011 by highpriestess because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Why can't people just accept it when someone has made a valid point on a subject, even if your position on the subject as a whole is the complete opposite, and just say "good point."

I believe that some people have an overwhelming urge to think they are right no matter what. Some people fear what they do not understand and cannot except change. You make a good point, and I enjoyed your post.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by highpriestess
quickly becoming one of my most despised phrases. any time someone starts off a post with "so what you're saying is" it is usually followed by the exact opposite of what you said. And the person saying it usually knows that. It is snotty and the second i see it, i shut down on anything else that person has to say after that. when someone has to twist your words around just to make it appear as though you said something you did not, it usually means that they've resulted to that due to the lack of being able to come up with anything credible to support their own position. Why can't people just accept it when someone has made a valid point on a subject, even if your position on the subject as a whole is the complete opposite, and just say "good point."

So what you're saying is, you don't like the people on ATS?

I just had to.... extra DIV

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by scolai

good point.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I admit I've said it myself but not out of spite, more like trying to help myself understand by asking if someone means what I think they mean in a simplified manner to properly understand it and then waiting for confirmation or denial of what conclusion I came to.

Although yeah, I agree that whether people use that line or not, there are some/a lot of people on ATS who go out of their way to be asses for the hell of it

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I had no idea that you didn't like it when people twist words for lack of arguement!!! LOL, Great post. I just got curious and decided to come over and see what you were all about. I like your topix, btw

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
ha! thanks. im kind of an eclectic freak. i spaz on a little of everything

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
" The problem with people who think they know it all... they irritate us who do!"

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by highpriestess

Another one that galls me along with yours is" "With all due respect.."

The moment I hear that I know a soft handed rebuke or thinly veiled insult is right on it's heels.

I never use either as an opening response. Actually,I've had very few people use either in opening with me. huh.

I bet that's about to change..

new topics

top topics

active topics

join