It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbuck CEO calls on every American to boycott political donations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hopefully this catches on... but the banks and the military industrial complex will continue to give money and buy politicians...

Panic In DC As Starbucks' Schultz Calls For CEO Boycott Of Campaign Donations, Urges Americans To Go On Strike Against Their Politicians

In today's most underreported news of the day, which could potentially have the biggest impact on the future of America, none other than America's CEOs, or at least one of them: Starbucks' Howard Schultz, has mass blasted an email to fellow CEOs asking for a consensual boycott on donating to political campaigns in order to encourage the nation's muppets, elsewhere idiotically called "leaders", to solve America's budget and debt impasse. Bloomberg quotes from the CEO's e-mail to business leaders:"I am asking that all of us forego political contributions until the Congress and the President return to Washington and deliver a fiscally disciplined long-term debt and deficit plan to the American people."

Should Schultz' proposal gain traction, this could be the most revolutionary proposal to leadership reform since the advent of the corporatocracy.

I didn't like much Starbucks before... but this is good stuff... GO SCHULTZ!

What Schultz wants to see, he said in that interview, is for Americans to go on strike against their politicians.

“The fundamental problem is that the lens through which Congress approaches issues is reelection. The lifeblood of their reelection campaigns is political contributions,” Schultz said. Whether big donors or small ones, Americans should stop giving and see if it galvanizes Washington to act.

“The debt crisis is really the symbol of a larger problem, which is that our leaders are not leading,” he added. “America’s leaders need to put their feet in the shoes of working Americans…. Instead, all they think about is their own political self-interest.”

Not that the politicians really need $$$ from the people... they get it from corporations... The only one who has not sold out is Ron Paul, so don't boycott him...

edit on 15-8-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Wow, surprised. Pretty big company going out there any saying this.

I can also think of WYNN ( whomever the owner is ) going out on this sort of limb as well.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
If this caught on, there would always be someone to fill the void. A smaller player, or someone who had fallen out of favor for awhile. Money can be replaced by another hand.

Cute though.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul doesn't receive corporate donations?

I will have to check on that story.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
hah mr. schultz must have been perusing ATS lately.
2ndline

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Saw this on tv this evening. I think it's a great idea however I don't think enough corporate giants are willing to stick their necks out. They might loose some loop holes, ya know?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life

Wow, surprised. Pretty big company going out there any saying this.

I can also think of WYNN ( whomever the owner is ) going out on this sort of limb as well.

Its all a scam, they are up to something. They are not to be trusted. Just research their logo and you will know why.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
well they should limit the corporate amount to $1000 per corporation, and per citizen amount $100, then there wouldn't be these hundreds of million dollars milk offs pumping into the media and that would take the money out of it for the politicians to connive with

edit on 15-8-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
/yawn, another corporation playing to the mass of monkies gathering around to gawk.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I read here every night, but haven't logged in to comment in ages, until now.

There shouldn't be political contributions,
there shouldn't be lobbyists, and
congressman should have term limits..

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
For a corporation that was quoted saying,

"Rumors that Starbucks Coffee Company and its management support Israel are unequivocally false. ... Starbucks is a nonpolitical organization and does not support political causes."
they sure do have a lot of political controversy.

edit on 15-8-2011 by AMANNAMEDQUEST because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
well they should limit the corporate amount to $1000 per corporation, and per citizen amount $100,

Considering corporations are legally considered people, I think they should be limited to $100 as well

Originally posted by infinite8

Right. Then everyone who wants to be in politics will have to be extremely wealthy. Wait...., what? That doesn't seem like a good idea. I think there should be political contributions, but like the other guy said, put a cap on it. $100 per person or corporation sound good.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I don't know about most of you.. but I am going to Starbucks first thing in the morning

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm in. Wait...I've been in forever. I don't believe in a government consisting of professional politicians with endless terms who squeeze money out of us and the corporations. This entire political system needs immediate and ruthless reform...from term limits to making lobbying and profiting from it either way a crime. Back to basics people. As it was written. But how?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Well its about time that somebody steps up to the plate. Hopefully others will follow suit.
Put a cap on the lobbyests(sp)? contibutions as well.

The leaders on the end of my fishing line is stronger than many of those in Congress.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James1982

Right. Then everyone who wants to be in politics will have to be extremely wealthy. Wait...., what? That doesn't seem like a good idea. I think there should be political contributions, but like the other guy said, put a cap on it. $100 per person or corporation sound good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haha, you are right about that. I thought about that while I was writing it. I don't like the idea of only the wealthy being able to run for government positions. It is my opinion that was part of the problem that got us into this current situation. $100 limits per business or person may be a good solution.

Equal air time on tv and radio, equal space in print media (newspapers)??

How many politicians would ever support these ideas?
edit on 8/15/2011 by infinite8 because: I need to learn to edit others quotes better

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
How convenient for them to do this when Obama is the incumbent. Definitely no connection there. Nope!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Upon first thought, yeah! Stick it to 'em. But wait just one minute. If WE don't give to the party we support, who is going to win the White House AGAIN??? CORPORATE SUPPORTED CANDIDATES!!!! And this is what we are trying to AVOID!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1curious1

Upon first thought, yeah! Stick it to 'em. But wait just one minute. If WE don't give to the party we support, who is going to win the White House AGAIN??? CORPORATE SUPPORTED CANDIDATES!!!! And this is what we are trying to AVOID!

You are right. As long as corporate donations are legal, a boycott will not work. I hope Ron Paul gets elected and make corporation contributions illegal.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Starbucks also allows open carry in their locations. It seems their heart is in the right place, even if they are robbing people blind for a cup of coffee.

Just sayin' (

top topics

join