It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the Daily Show this evening? - Ron Paul

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by geryon
I want Ron Paul too but this election has been decided awhile ago, Rick Perry is your new president. Not a big follower of Alex Jones but in his film he talks about Perry going to the Bilderburg Group meeting, he has been chosen. I will still write in Ron Paul on the ballot because its the right thing to do tho

Well if you consider the fact TPTB have destroyed the chance of ever having a qualified black man/woman in office now...their next line of business is throwing in an "extremist Christian" or woman to office. So Perry could very well win. Or they could pick Palin and kill two birds with one stone...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Most of Jon Stewart's followers, if not all of them, are Barry's cheerleaders. They'll never vote for a GOP candidate for the sake of it.
It doesn't matter anyway, i still can't comprehend why people on this site still believe in the legitimacy of elections, let alone Presidential elections. But still, We can't give in.
edit on 16-8-2011 by deanx because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by deanx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by deanx

I know. Tough position to be in really with electronic voting etc. The way I understand it though is that the electronic machines can't overcome a disproportionate amount for one side of the vote.

Who knows though. Also, I am willing to bet there will be a large sum that won't vote for B.O. two in a row.

Btw, here is a link to a long video from ABC I just found online interviewing RP. 23 mins +.. still watching it myself

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who can save America from fiscal ruin.

There must be some way to convince people that a vote for RP is not a wasted vote and get this man to the white house.

Also I hope the libertarian party also jointly nominates ron paul as their candidate, since it could be a good backup plan, if he loses the republican primary.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
Stewart just pretty much covered for a decent segment the same thing we have been discussing. The media blatantly disrespecting Ron Paul. He compared their respect of him to Gary Busey on Apprentice ( lol ).

I missed most of it but just turned it on to see that last little bit. Did anyone by chance DVR that?

Was pretty funny and truthful though from what I caught.

personally, I dont much respect him. he's a self-proclaimed ultra conservative pretending to be independent. wee.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sgreco

So, what do you think apart from respecting him? You have to at least give him some props for bringing it up and showing up that head Fox News anchor moron.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
I will be amazed if this isn't a scheme by Stewart to destroy Ron Paul.

Consider this -- Stewart is a smart man, and a huge liberal with a lot of hate for Republicans. If he somehow cared about Ron Paul, he could have been talking about him a lot sooner than this. Of course he doesn't. I believe he's sniffed the wind, realized that Ron Paul is not someone that's just going to go away, and decided to do the following:

- Be one of the first talking heads on TV to start covering Ron Paul -- gaining himself false credibility and ratings
- Invite Ron Paul on, get even more ratings, and give Mr. Paul some more "rope" to proverbially hang himself
- If Mr. Paul doesn't proverbially hang himself, Stewart can easily finish the job for him.

After all, if Stewart, "the nice guy who supported Ron Paul having a voice" turns on him, Paul really must be bad. Right?

Can't believe you would trust a rich arrogant jewish liberal talking head to have the best interests of Ron Paul at heart.

Ok...now THAT is funny. I've heard some farfetched conspiracy theories before, but you're giving Jon Stewart waaayyy too much credit.

Stewart's job is to poke fun at the media & politicians. This is a case of the former, pretty cut & dried. The Daily Show might (does) have a left leaning agenda, but they don't care about Ron Paul. They just don't miss many chances to point out Fox News' examples of hypocrisy and disinformation.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Here's the official footage. such a good clip. I must've watched it 4 times now

Daily Show - Top Tier & Ron Paul

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
yeah, that older guy on CNN (you know, the one that isn't like every other @ss kisser/illuminati puppets), he has a small segment on that too. I think his part of the show ios called the McCaferty file or something. He's old and he's bitter, but he speaks the truth and it isn't at all what the others on the show like to hear. They just look so unconfortable when he talks LOL. I like that guy.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
RP needs to be for real!! And he needs 50% of the vote to be POTUS. If gets it I would give a dime for his life expectancy!! But one could be wrong!

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
MSM fights Jon Stewart:
nymag.com...

But as for the "top tier" of candidates, Paul just doesn't belong there. That "top tier" is a political calculation of who has the best shot at winning the GOP nomination. Paul has a very loyal, very passionate fan base, which is why he dominates so many straw polls. But he doesn't have the breadth of support that's needed to capture the nomination, and since many of his views fall outside of the party's mainstream, he never will. His poll numbers don't come close to Romney's and Perry's, and with only a couple of exceptions over the past couple of months, lag behind Bachmann's. Just because Paul performed well in yet another straw poll doesn't mean we have to pretend that he's going to compete in the GOP primaries on the level of those three. He's not, and we all know it.

edit on 17-8-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul is not a REAL Republican. He ran against Reagan in 84 because he wanted to split the conservative vote, giving the election to the dems. He will do the same in 2012. He's not a Real Republican.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deanx
Most of Jon Stewart's followers, if not all of them, are Barry's cheerleaders. They'll never vote for a GOP candidate for the sake of it.
It doesn't matter anyway, i still can't comprehend why people on this site still believe in the legitimacy of elections, let alone Presidential elections. But still, We can't give in.

Excellent points, both of those. Gee, I wonder how such a noble non-partisan man, who would certainly give Ron Paul a fair shake, and someone who claims to have voted Republican, could have such a loyal rabid fanbase of liberals?? It's a conundrum!

Walking and quacking like ducks springs to mind.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by conar

Because by then the media will already have beaten the other candidates into the head of America and turned RP into a joke.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ARealandTrueAmerican

What exactly is a "real" Republican?

Historically, since Lincoln they seem to be quite bi-polar with no consistent platforms.

If anything, that means "real" Republicans are shapeshifters, they change when it suits them, roughly every generation.

Bear in mind, I am conservative, but like George Washington, I am anti-party. So no silly liberal jabs.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ARealandTrueAmerican
Ron Paul is not a REAL Republican. He ran against Reagan in 84 because he wanted to split the conservative vote, giving the election to the dems. He will do the same in 2012. He's not a Real Republican.

Good observation, einstein. He's a LIBERTARIAN, but I don't see a libertarian party anywhere near organized enough to float a presidential candidate, do you?

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I figured I would throw a link to the current ATS thread.

If you are in CLOSED PRIMARY state as I am you will need change your party affiliation ( at least temporarily ) to be able to vote for RP in the primary.

Current ATS Thread
edit on 18-8-2011 by Dance4Life because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join