It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone see the Daily Show this evening? - Ron Paul

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I found this at zerohedge just now..

Jon Stewart - Zero Hedge article

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Looks like another left-leaning talking head might be waking up? Kudos to JS for stating what has been obvious to most people.

Whatever your political views, I think Stewart is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

Originally posted by SergeantTrammelant
reply to post by the owlbear

Well, in my book it's like this.

If you're pro ANY war - you're a retard.
If you believe the official 911 story - you're a retard.
If you fail to recognize that the corrupt financial system is enslaving all of us - you're a retard.
If you don't see the major role the federal reserve plays in this - you're a retard.

As far as I know all the presidential candidates are retarded in my book, because of one or more of the above. Except for Ron Paul.

So yeah, either vote for Ron Paul or vote for one of the retards which would in turn make you pretty retarded.

So, if anyone has an opinion different than your own, they are retarded. Thanks for clearing up.
And I guess I am retarded because I disagree with your opinion. I think I'll look on Craigslist for one of those foam crash helmets now that I know I'm retarded.

Simmer down, Owl.. he's only stating the facts.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
John Stewart is just doing what he always has done stay on top of whats current and put his trademark spin on it. Btw last poster if you bothered to look up liberalism in the dictionary you'd see it aligns with exactly what ron paul has been saying about less government it's not a plot for or against.

"Classical liberalism is a philosophy committed to the ideal of limited government, liberty of individuals including freedom of religion, speech, press, assembly, and free markets."

It doesn't matter what classic liberalism says. Stewart is a modern liberal who believes in entitlements, and more importantly than that, he's a standard hateful entrenched left-wing partisan who will go to bat for the left whenever he feels it is necessary. When it's not necessary, he'll promote his show and say anything he can to get ratings. When push comes to shove, however, he would fight tooth and nail to keep Ron Paul out of office. That last part is the only thing that matters.

If Sean Hannity had a comedy/news show, I wouldn't need to watch it to know what his ultimate motives are. If he "slammed the media" for ignoring a liberal candidate, I wouldn't need to hear a word he said to know his ultimate motives would not really be positive for that candidate.

The only differences between the political viewpoints of Sean Hannity and Jon Stewart are that Jon Stewart is better at playing an audience, and delivers the message with charisma. At the core they are both brain-dead partisans who have essentially no value as human beings. No partisan has any value whatsoever as a human being.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This is proof that the Republicans are ignoring Ron Paul.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99
I will be amazed if this isn't a scheme by Stewart to destroy Ron Paul.

Consider this -- Stewart is a smart man, and a huge liberal with a lot of hate for Republicans.

What are you talking about? Stewart has admittedly voted for a republican.

Can't believe you would trust a rich arrogant jewish liberal talking head to have the best interests of Ron Paul at heart.

Well your cred has been shot to hell.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Psshh...Daily Show viewers...bunch of gay-loving abortion-having stem cell researchers

You sir, are a disgrace.

It is exactly this kind of closemindedness in America that keeps ensuring some jerkoff Illuminati puppet is in office time and time again.

Step up America. The 2012 elections are your chance to show that you're not clinically retarded as a people. I'm not saying Ron Paul as president will change anything, as there are greater powers at work than a mere president (like the persistent slavery we call the financial system), but it is a chance for you to show that you know what is right.

Exactly. Any American should not take this situation as a joke, even though it has been presented by Comedy Central. The US should be up in arms over this clear manipulation by the media. There should be protests and boycotts. To accept this with such passivity is mind-bloggling. Then you have posters here who are more concerned about attacking the messenger (John Stewart) then focusing on the message (Paid trolls?). People fail to realize, if they can do this to Republicans, they can do this to Democrats (Kucinich).

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Really hope more democrats wake up and see that Ron is one of the few people left that might be able to turn things around.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Better quality.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
FB is post banning people for "spamming" and "irrelevant content" when they post 'too much' on the Ron Paul FB pages (which there are over 1,000 now). Isn't 90% of what's posted there irrelevant? Others here have said FB is a big Obama backer...
edit on 16-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
It's absolutely disgusting how the media operate in these times. I've said it before and I'll say it again; Mitt Romney will be the GOP candidate. It was decided long ago. So many people who still believe we are a democracy or anything close. We are no more a democracy than Venezuela or Syria. They have their "elections" and they know who the winner is going to be long before the election. They present us with two candidates who are selected by their peers; not the people but their peers, the elite club of millionaires and power-brokers. Straw polls are a joke and as we have seen, they bury the results they don't want us to see.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It is not a matter of opinion what happened on 911 mate.

Absolutely correct. It's actually theories. Those are a bit different.

It is not a matter of opinion that war is pure evil and nothing good comes from it.

Wasn't penicillin a result of WWI? I'm not sure if I remember that completely correctly. Lot's of medical advances coming from war though. Lot's of advances in protective clothing too. Like cold weather coats and such.

That's not mentioning tampons (WWI), Twinkies (WWII), RADAR (WWII), Aluminum, synthetic motor oil and rubber, effective methods of freezing blood for later use, duct tape, jet engines, and SPAM.

It is not a matter of opinion that the debt based economy enslaves the common folks and serves an elite.

Can't disagree with that.

The only question is: are your brains sophisticated enough to comprehend this? Or is your intelligence of such limited proportions, that you think what happened on 911 is open for debate?

It's impolite to insult people's intelligence. Just plain rude, actually. Silly little man.

edit on 8/16/2011 by RedGod because: I'm an idiot

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dance4Life
reply to post by Hardstepah

Unfair treatment? lol She is a moron and showed all her cards during the last debate.

Sorry, her views on the economy are very subpar.

Along with her views on gay and polygamous marriage

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Pretty funny but true at the same time.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
FB is post banning people for "spamming" and "irrelevant content" when they post 'too much' on the Ron Paul FB pages (which there are over 1,000 now). Isn't 90% of what's posted there irrelevant? Others here have said FB is a big Obama backer...
edit on 16-8-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

Hasn't been the first time FB censors material that the establishment frowns on.

People should spread RP informative videos on other sites.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I guess there's a google bombing going on right now...they're asking people to google "Ron Paul is Exploding"

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Ah, looks like Alex Jones started this.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I did see it, I was surprised to an extent. As much as i would like to think otherwise, i still think that Jon Stewart is part of the machine, You can't get that far to the level Jon Stewart is on without having a master to obey, and an agenda to serve.
But i can only assume that every once in a while some elements in the TPTB would do something like this to regain the trust of the People...or at least the non-brainwashed ones.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by deanx

I thought the same kinda thing before last night. Now, I don't know.

Let's see how far he takes this. He could be very instrumental if all the sudden he is going to go to bat for RP. He has a very large following.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join