It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diamonds made with blowtoarch(video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
this was made by the bbc i found it intresting not sure if any one else will but hey
www.bbc.co.uk...
not very big diamond but he still manages to pull it off

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Now that is an interesting find. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Lol Getrich quick scheme her i comeee!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This is absolutely fantastic, one day maybe we will be able to mass produce synthetic diamonds and use them for our computer processors, they would be able to withstand ludicrously high temperature and operate at speeds that are unheard of.

The next problem is how are you going to carry a 50Ghz smart phone without Kevlar gloves.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
for some reason i can remember a blue peter (i think) program on bbc many many many years ago that did some sort of diamond creation in a standard oven

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Artificially created diamonds aren't uncommon.. they are produced for manufacturing purposes pretty regularly.. but the man made diamonds tend to be very cloudy, not flawless diamonds like those found in nature.

I remember seeing a special about it on tv back when I was a kid and I'm in my 30s now so it's not exactly new .. though the company I saw producing them used more than a blow torch
.. I'm more or less commenting about the fact we're already producing them .. I believe they are usually more amber in color
edit on 15-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I know there's a college that does it, using explosives

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Artificially created diamonds aren't uncommon.. they are produced for manufacturing purposes pretty regularly.. but the man made diamonds tend to be very cloudy, not flawless diamonds like those found in nature.

I remember seeing a special about it on tv back when I was a kid and I'm in my 30s now so it's not exactly new .. though the company I saw producing them used more than a blow torch
.. I'm more or less commenting about the fact we're already producing them .. I believe they are usually more amber in color
edit on 15-8-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

Lol i never knew they where made with blowtorches though!!!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Segador
The next problem is how are you going to carry a 50Ghz smart phone without Kevlar gloves.

Implant it and have bio-thermal power generation as a kickback.

Cyborg here we come!

top topics

join