It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Paranormal Activity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Ok first off i wanna say this is slightly embarassing but really quite possibly something paranormal. This past Saturday i was casually sitting on the toilet doing my business, i do live with several other ppl but this was 7 a.m. and everyone in the house was asleep. About half way through i noticed the door knob started to slowly turn as if someone was about to come only it kept twisting like the door was locked, which it wasnt, i naturally assumed it was my cousins 4 year old trying to get in so i thought nothing of it as long as she didnt successfully open it. After a few turns the knob turned all the way and slowly started pushing in, at that point i jumped up quickly and slammed the door shut before it could open all the way! Thankfully i was done doing the do so i finished up fast and opened the door only there was no one there and the hallway leading to the bathroom was empty. I rushed to everyones room to see if anyone was awake and everyone was still sound asleep
a few hours later i told everyone about it but they all dismissed it as if thats normal but door knobs dont turn by themselves! We've had incidents before that could be paranormal but nothing to this extreme. Does anyone think it could've been something else?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There’s always a possibility it could have been a ghost.

I’ve had extremely weird things happen to me as well.

However, as none of us were there, only you can truly figure out what was going on.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I have been hearing a few different stories about invisibility materials and suits. Maybe you have some Black Ops checking you out. Maybe a ghost, or some type of multidimensional entity or alien of some kind.

It does make one wonder, door knobs do not turn by themselves.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There is always the possibility is was something paranormal but if there is a 4 year old in the house..it could be that too.
The 4 year old could have run back into bed and pretended to be asleep fearing they may be in trouble...mine do it all the time!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Very interesting. I would have said maybe the door opened itself but you mentioned how the knob was being swiveled many times. Paranormal Activity III - The Curious Case of The Bathroom Door dun dun dun

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Htrowklis82

You think so? Its kind of a long haul back to the bedroom and if she ran im sure she would've woke up her mom who was right next to her. Either way im pretty positive it wasnt her.

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Htrowklis82
There is always the possibility is was something paranormal but if there is a 4 year old in the house..it could be that too.

I have been told by my cousin that in their previous apt their 4 year old has told them she saw a "strange man" in the mirrors and in their hallways. Though only her mom has actually seen something similar as well. Could something have followed them to this apt?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
you say the door handle was turning, and finally it turned and open, which then you got up and pushed the door closed. How long did you wait to open the door and check the hallway?
It sounds like the child, since it took a while to open the door, and also the child could have been in a sleep state sort of sleep walking.
If there is something there I'm sure you may have other experiences, so just keep the camera/video in your hand.

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

It only took a few seconds for me to open the door which is why i doubt it was my cousins 4 year old she would not have been able to run back to the room and get in bed that quickly.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This happened to my aunt...
She died a few days later of "natural causes". She was only 59 and perfectly healthy.

cj6

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Im sorry to hear that but thats very...unnerving
did she tell u everything that happened?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That does sound like it falls into the probably not a normal incident category. A four year old is hardly a stealthy creature. You'd have probably heard her make a run for it.

To answer your question: could something have followed them? The simple answer is yes. There are certain types of entities that can attach themselves to a certain person, and they can follow that person around for years. That could be the case here. Another possibility could be that either of them could potentially have some undeveloped, improperly channeled "psychic" ability, and is involuntarily causing the disturbance. Further, in a similar bent, sometimes paranormal activity seems to get stirred up by certain people, for similar reasons. A spirit or entity will sometimes act up if it knows that there's someone around that will pay attention to it, and not everyone has the will or the ability to pay it the kind of attention it wants. Your cousin (or even niece) may be that person.

What other possibly-paranormal things have happened, and did the incidents begin before or after your cousin and niece moved in?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Your post makes me want to share my 2 bathroom experiences...Maybe they like to catch us with our "pants down"...lol

I was visiting my grandma and was using her bathroom one evening, when the towel hanging from the bar in front of me lifted away from the wall and dropped back down all by itself...Like there was an arm behind it about halfway down. It would have scared the pee out of me if I hadn't just finished...lol

One day in my home I had just finished taking a shower and was toweling off when I saw the shadows of feet under the bottom of the door. Noone else was home and I was alone in the house. I saw them come up to the door, stand there and move around a little, then go away without a sound...It gave me that creepy, scared in my stomach feeling.

Just two of many, but I thought the shared bathroom experiences were kind of fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
@cj6

It was probably the fact your cousin was staying in your house. Children have a long history in the paranormal world of having "hitchhikers" follow them around. Most of these entities are harmless, others, not so much.

I experienced 2 different sightings in my late teens/early 20s, but havent had anything within 10 years or so. I used to have OBEs on a regular basis at around that same timeframe, so I always assumed the two were related somehow. But my OBEs weren't the traditional "I'm floating to the top of the ceiling" ones. In mine, I would start to hear a loud whirling noise (identical to the scene in "Crocodile Dundee II" where he calls the aboriginals with that slingshot thing). I would then tumble out of my body, like I was rolling down a hill, and the more I tumbled, the more....pixilated everything got, like pressing "pause" on a movie repeatedly, weird stuff.

Back on topic, one of the scarier sightings I experienced, I was just about to have an OBE (the noise started, that was usually my tip-off) when I realized I was paralyzed. I then got the most intense feeling of pure evil and looked to my right, at the corner of my bed, and there was this thing I could only describe as minature black tornado, that flashed like a strobe light. At that point I was able to move my head and upper torso. I shot up in bed and yelled "Get out of here!" and the thing whipped back into the corner of my bedroom, then 2, 3 seconds later dissolved into nothing. It scared the hell out of me and really made me question this thing we call "reality".

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cj6

They're just evil spirits messing with you. Tell them to leave in Jesus Name.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I don't think it's that black or white.

There's a whole range out there.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

In my experience, that works about as well as asking them to leave in Mr. T's name and about as practical. Such a thing requires absolute faith, and absolute faith is rarer than unicorns.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cj6

When you heard and saw the doorknob wiggling, why didn't you say, "I'm in here"? Do you take quiet dumps?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Happens all the time. I saw my bedroom door knob vibrate very rapidly one morning. It was too fast for the dog to be doing it (and he's NEVER jumped up to bang the bedroom door knob). Never have seen it happen again. This was shortly after a very loud BANG that occurred right over the header of my bathroom doorway that passes into the Master bedroom. The header is up in the crawl space. I was the only one home at the time (except for the dog-and he was NOT up in the attic crawl space). I have seen/heard several strange things in my house over the years. Never seen anything move, just shadows and noises. I don't sweat it and have not been scared (I have gotten goose-bumps, but never felt threatened of afraid). I think the dead are all around us but that they do tend to stay in familiar space unless they consciously decide to "take the plunge" and move on into an alternative existence. If they do decide to leave what they are familiar with, I don't think they ever come back. I think that when they transition into this other existence, this is where they can decide to reincarnate, or stay in an otherwise enlightened state. What do you think?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cj6
Ok first off i wanna say this is slightly embarassing but really quite possibly something paranormal. This past Saturday i was casually sitting on the toilet doing my business, i do live with several other ppl but this was 7 a.m. and everyone in the house was asleep. About half way through i noticed the door knob started to slowly turn as if someone was about to come only it kept twisting like the door was locked, which it wasnt, i naturally assumed it was my cousins 4 year old trying to get in so i thought nothing of it as long as she didnt successfully open it. After a few turns the knob turned all the way and slowly started pushing in, at that point i jumped up quickly and slammed the door shut before it could open all the way! Thankfully i was done doing the do so i finished up fast and opened the door only there was no one there and the hallway leading to the bathroom was empty. I rushed to everyones room to see if anyone was awake and everyone was still sound asleep
a few hours later i told everyone about it but they all dismissed it as if thats normal but door knobs dont turn by themselves! We've had incidents before that could be paranormal but nothing to this extreme. Does anyone think it could've been something else?

Are you or is anyone else going through any sort of hardship ? I'm not going to debunk this as paranormal, but sometimes these instances can be manifested by residual energy. I've heard of many instances, especially with 13-20 year old individuals. Sometimes, when someone is extremely distressed the energy can sort of be built up with in a place, and manifest itself by opening and closing doors, or causing banging or other minor disturbances. Usually, when the individual gets over what ever is bothering them the disturbances will stop as well. So is anyone going through something particularly difficult or stressful ? Not, like exams or oh man I have to pay my cell bill friday but something truly distressing, because I think that could be what is causing the disturbances. Especially if you haven't had anything like this before.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join