It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

56 killed across Iraq monday in a serie of bomb blasts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
56 killed as wave of violence rolls across Iraq

Bomb blasts ripped through more than a dozen Iraqi cities Monday morning, killing 56 people - most of them in the southern city of Kut - in a wave of violence that shattered what had been a relatively peaceful holy month of Ramadan.

The violence struck from the northern city of Kirkuk to the capital of Baghdad to the southern Shiite cities of Najaf, Kut and Karbala, and emphasized the persistent ability of insurgents to wreak havoc at a time when Iraqi officials are weighing whether they are able to protect the country without the assistance of American troops.

The blasts were coordinated to go off in the morning and included a combination of parked car bombs, roadside bombs and a suicide bomber driving a vehicle that rammed into a police station.

That's some nice ``stabilized`` country you got there... NOT.

Black ops doing this trying to make the US stay in Iraq forever? Or just insurgents doing this? We'll see what happens in the coming days and weeks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

That's some nice ``stabilized`` country you got there... NOT

You gotta love our war OF terror, don't you?

Black ops doing this trying to make the US stay in Iraq forever?

Well judging from the paper you linked the story from, well im going to say its propaganda black ops BS.
Or It may have been insurgents doing this, but either way, we all know whom is really paying this story and for these aledged attacks.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The Americans never really left Iraq. They just put American educated Iraqis in charge of the country who still do the bidding of the US government.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
56 killed as wave of violence rolls across Iraq

- in a wave of violence that shattered what had been a relatively peaceful holy month of Ramadan.

emphasized the persistent ability of insurgents to wreak havoc at a time when Iraqi officials are weighing whether they are able to protect the country without the assistance of American troops.

nice timing. they were hyping ramadan since 2 weeks before it began. (what i would do [if i was pure evil])

hype ramadan and how they will attack viciously, you know, put the troops on edge, more likely to kill/detain/be suspicious of all the iraqis to instigate an attack

should that fail..
manufacture attack. problem solved (sorta)

if it was real insurgents you think they wouldve learned by now to wait a month, untill we are gone. or too bogged down in our other wars to notice guerilla attacks here and there. only locals pay any attention to those incidents if military arent in the list of casualties.

when you make a move like this it screams staged. there is no point. unless they were diversionary to acquire weaponry/amunition/ jailed members/ info or a coup detat.

there is no miliatary victory unless the whole point is to keep america there. that would be the only reason. this is a military strike (maybe not literally) but was conducted as one, if al queda really does exist, of course. you dont do that without a purpose, it leaves you too vulnerable, and wastes good supplies.

to be completely honest, i wouldnt be surprised if obama tried to say that these waves of attacks come after news that they've acquired a nuke. i imagine its one of the only ways to get re-elected. the M.I.C is a very influential entity

top topics

join