It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most amazing 1 year old!! 8 languages!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
check this 1 year old kid out, his speach is under developed a bit but at 1 you would expect that, but his brain is alot more ahead, some of the stuff he knows is amazing.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by definity

The reason the head start program is deemed crucial to the developing child is because you are all you are going to be essentially by age 5 or so.

We treat children as infants and idiots when they are many times over smarter than we will ever be able to be again... in those developing moments.

This means there is a potential and possibility almost a window into humanity right at that point where you can insert anything and everything and it will all stick.

We goo goo them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

The reason the head start program is deemed crucial to the developing child is because you are all you are going to be essentially by age 5 or so.

We treat children as infants and idiots when they are many times over smarter than we will ever be able to be again... in those developing moments.

This means there is a potential and possibility almost a window into humanity right at that point where you can insert anything and everything and it will all stick.

We goo goo them.

well that doesn't bode well for me then! Lol. i was a late talker, and have never been great at formulating my thoughts into words. it's odd though, because when i take IQ tests i typically score very high. i wonder if IQ tests are extremely inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This is so true, I hate when people talk to children like babies or pets. I have a 4 year old niece that my mother watches, and she often makes certain mistakes with speaking, such as saying "her" instead of "she"... And she does it because nobody corrects her. I asked my mom about this, and she says "Well, she's only 4, they talk like that". Yes, they talk like that because they're not corrected. I can't understand why people don't talk to children like normal people, that's how they learn.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle

Originally posted by newcovenant

We goo goo them.

well that doesn't bode well for me then! Lol. i was a late talker, and have never been great at formulating my thoughts into words. it's odd though, because when i take IQ tests i typically score very high. i wonder if IQ tests are extremely inaccurate.

Which means whatever information was presented to you you'd probably pick up and absorb more than most back then. This kind of thing and time of life is where the natures of our children are formed. We are as you prove naturally inquisitive but you can be made adventurous or frightened, timid or bold, 'thirsty for knowledge' or 'the world owes me a living' by what others around you seem to value. I don't think IQ tests are very accurate because almost everyone has an innate knowledge of a skill or area of learning or expertise. Something they can do. They may have forgotten it but sometimes I think what we "do" when we are following our passion, is written on our DNA and we find our way to do it no matter what is input (or not!) into our heads. ie Masons come from a long line of Masons. Teachers, Builders come from long lines of same. It is already in us. We get drawn there anyway or some just pick up what their dads did.

edit on 15-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Lived in Italy for 2 years and my 2 year old spoke better Italian than I did....and She probably had less face to face opportunity to learn it than I did. She just absorbed it from all around her!
Kids/babies are quite spongy and can be taught almost anything, if you take the time to teach them!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

That's great! There is no question in my mind the typical American mindset doesn't acommodate for the brain power of these little guys. We should encourage this more. Kids LOVE to learn.

On a side note, there once was a basketball player here in Denver named Dikembe Mutumbo. He was hilarious and kind and huge. The claim was he could speak 8 languages, but the joke was, once you heard him speak, that he was actually illiterate in 8 languages.

CJ

top topics

join