It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"As above, so below"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
reply to post by newcovenant

Like I said: that's the superficial interpretation. I'm looking for a deeper speculation of the phrase and its use.

I'll be happy to show you a Bible verse that directly relates to this:
Matthew 18:18
"Whatsoever you bind on Earth will have been bound in heaven."

What is actually means, to me, having studied the Bible and the Occult Teachings for many years, is simply this: We humans are really Divine Spirits, in training to be Divine Creators. What we create here on Earth, is also created in other dimensions, and is recorded into the Collective Conciousness of the Planet, an energy field that surrounds and permeates Planet Earth and all that is on, or within it. This "memory field," for lack of a better term, never goes away, it lasts forever. I think it records our thoughts, actions, relationships, accidents, life and death, and send this to somewhere unknown. Our friend John Lear spoke of this in one of his talks, perhaps another member can find it?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yeah, this stuff is starting to get really interesting. Through researching this little concept, I've somehow come across Kabbalah and its actually starting to change my views on things...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
I'm just curious of how you guys interpret this phrase that's associated with the occult.

I actually just wrote a thread that contained this phrase...

I was wondering whether in fact its simply a version of 'every action has an equal and opposite reaction..... therefore an example of early physics.....

link to my thread

edit on 20/8/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by cry93

Can I have the original lessons without the explanations, please?

Here is a link to: "The Emerald Tablet". en.wikipedia.org...

The Kabalion is an attempt to explain these teachings of Hermes.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AnthraAndromda

Thank you.

I have printed out the Kybalion and intend to read all of it in the next couple days.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

I know what it means, it has many meanings and one meanings, it has an infinite amount of meanings but all those meanings are one. Its in everything that you see and know, even if you don't see and know it.

Its just the path of the self in the existence of the many. The atom in the universe. They are not two different things you know, nor are they all that different at there cores. And so as above and so bellow.

Go ahead apply it to pretty much anything you see, and know, and experienced and you will see it, if you look deep and far enough and clear enough.

Basically you will see, when you will see.

Hermes the thrice great, doer of things and stuff, wearer of cool spiffy sandals, and all other mystical tittle associated with him. Knew the secret of the universe and the living, and that is that we are all saying the same things only using different words. So what is the difference between pseudo and fake. And in how many way can you define real?

So is it all real, is it all genuine, is it all actual, is it all authentic, is it all bona fide, is it all factual, is it all valid, is it all true, is it all actual, is it all genuine, is it all authentic, What do all those things mean? Don't they all convey the same thing by different means.

In in congruence we are all experiencing the same thing using different perspectives.

If you look at anything for a long period of time to pierce its illusions and get past what your looking at, you will start seeing that as above so bellow applies to many things. If not everything.

However the whole thing of it, well is just a way to get people to think a little beyond there little world, and think beyond the fish bowl.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join