It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"As above, so below"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I'm just curious of how you guys interpret this phrase that's associated with the occult. Obviously, on a superficial level its along the lines of being able to see a bigger picture by focusing and understanding a smaller part of "the whole". I've heard it used in a more "Satanic" (I've heard it in black metal lyrics) context before. My guess is that it has to do with learning how to exploit and manipulate the masses. Through introspection you can make assumptions on how everyone else would react to a certain scenario. No two people are really that different from each other, therefore you can use your own thoughts and feelings as a reference for developing a plan to exploit other people.

There are certain commercials, products, websites, and other cultural influences that are used by people from all over the world. This makes the "oneness" especially true. These can be used to mediate the collective consciousness of society and keep everyone thinking on the same train of thought so that the elite/Illuminati/TPTB can more easily steer us.

Its no secret that the world is ruled by psychopaths. People in positions of authority tend to have little regard for other people and they will do whatever it takes to continue satisfying their ego. I do believe a lot of these people have neurological defects that make it harder for them to feel compassion that also leads them to make different neural connections than the average person has. They tend to be very intelligent, but they think in ways that are totally different from what normal people think. They see opportunities that you and I don't. We've all heard stories about how some woman manages to marry a complete psychopath that turns out to have never felt any love for her whatsoever. For years you may be oblivious to the ways you're being used, but the psychopath is such a good actor that you would never think twice about them.

How is this relevant? I believe the "wisdom" and "enlightenment" that people within the occult or Luciferian worship are looking for is the ability to see the world in the same way as the elite. This can be achieved through psychological trauma. You disturb your brain's chemistry and the shock will eventually lead you to an alternative mindset- the sociopathic mindset of the people who tend to reap authority. You will then be able to see things that the average person can't see. You would be empowered with the wisdom to either oppose the elite's agenda or join them.

As above, so below. You can shape your own perception to comprehend what the anonymous leaders of our world are thinking. The thoughts in your head come from the same cultural references that everyone is exposed to. If you think of something that seems absurd, chances are that a lot of other people have thought the same thing and that some power-tripping politician is taking action on it.
edit on 8/14/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BirdOfillOmen

As above so below is not a cult phrase.
It is a very real paradigm for the arrangement of the universe.
That is how it is.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Like I said: that's the superficial interpretation. I'm looking for a deeper speculation of the phrase and its use.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
As above, so below

These words circulate throughout occult and magical circles, and they come from Hermetic texts. The concept was first laid out in The Emerald Tablet of Hermes Trismegistus, in the words "That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above, corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracles of the One Thing".

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
In order to understand the meaning of the phrase, it would help if you read The Emerald Tablet by Hermes Trismegistus, which is where this phrase comes from. It begins with:

"That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below..."

The Emerald Table is available to read for free online, just google it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
As above, so below corresponds to the way things are laid out in the circles of existence. Heaven is not the highest heaven, nor is hell the lowest hell. The way things are set up, the way understanding flows, is similar to the way things are up above. If it seems to you that sociopaths are running the show here, then one needs to think about if sociopaths are running the show in the heavens. But more than that, I think this is a greater symptom of something just plain being wrong here, and I think that this means that something is very wrong in the heavens.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

All life is a fractaly structured network.

You body is actually made up of infinitely reduceable fractal structures we know as atoms. In the future we as a universal civilization along with other life in the multi verse will begin to grow and expand eventually creating the organic molecules which are a foundation of life for a fractal resolution above us.

As above, so below.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen

Like I said: that's the superficial interpretation. I'm looking for a deeper speculation of the phrase and its use.

I don't see anything superficial about the arrangement of the universe.
I think this is the biggest clue we have to everything we do not know.
You can assume everything works on similar principals by this one simple statement and so you can extrapolate almost anything from that.
An atom looks and even operates like an entire universe.
What is on the land is the same layout and is similar but different to the things we find underwater.
Everything has a counterpart.
How much deeper can you get?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

New Covenant:

It is a very real paradigm for the arrangement of the universe.

OP:

that's the superficial interpretation. I'm looking for a deeper speculation of the phrase and its use.

WertdagF:

All life is a fractaly structured network.

New Covenant:

You can assume everything works on similar principals by this one simple statement and so you can extrapolate almost anything from that. An atom looks and even operates like an entire universe.

As with all things esoteric, there are many layers to this onion, however, I suggest that the OPost is the superficial interpretation. The fact is that it is very old wisdom and is, indeed a fractally structured network. As New Convenant stated, the processes that govern atoms are the same processes that govern galaxies. As above-the infinite large is the same as So Below-the infintesimally small. Superficial? Hardly. The mysteries of the universe can be summed up in that one phrase. It's based, in part or wholly, on the principles of sacred geometry, a topic I have been studying for the better part of 2 decades and one which still occasionally yields new insights. There is nothing superficial about it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I guess I didn't mean to say that was a superficial philosophy. But I'm trying to entertain a conspiracy here. The concept may be ambiguous and the way I'm elaborating on it might be the more "practical" meaning it has to a typical person.

On a literal level, it is describing the relationship of atoms vs. universal structure. Could it also hint toward individual vs. society and human deception?
edit on 8/15/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Here is what I know about newcovenant: this user is someone who does not know the difference between the terms occult and cult. They are not the same thing. Looks like the public library and MTV have failed you my friend.

The phrase "as above so below" is masonic. It refers to their master, Lucifer and the fact that they belive that he rules the air. Lucifer does rule the air, but only because this authority is given to him by God for a time.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   

the Earth is a globe...where ever you are at one point...you will be either above or below...

very simple

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Could it also hint toward individual vs. society and human deception?

Actually, it could, I didn't mean to dismiss your OP as nonsense. However, your interpretation/extrapolation is an extension of that original aspect of the principle. In other words, what you are describing would not be possible were in not for the fractal aspect of it.

Jesuslives:

The phrase "as above so below" is masonic. It refers to their master, Lucifer and the fact that they belive that he rules the air. Lucifer does rule the air, but only because this authority is given to him by God for a time.

Sadly, there is so much ignorance inherent in that statement that it is not even worth correcting. It is not masonic, though it may be used in those circles (I am not a Mason). It has nothing to do with Lucifer. And as long as you insist on running it through your fundamentalist Christian filters you will miss the deep sacred wisdom that those four words teach.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusLives

Here is what I know about newcovenant: this user is someone who does not know the difference between the terms occult and cult. They are not the same thing. Looks like the public library and MTV have failed you my friend.

May I ask for some evidence of this or are you just blowing smoke up peoples buttocks, lying, in other words? You know nothing about me although you may know your own demons intimately.

The word cult pejoratively refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.

The word occult comes from the Latin word occultus (clandestine, hidden, secret), referring to "knowledge of the hidden"

There you have it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I guess I didn't mean to say that was a superficial philosophy. But I'm trying to entertain a conspiracy here. The concept may be ambiguous and the way I'm elaborating on it might be the more "practical" meaning it has to a typical person.

On a literal level, it is describing the relationship of atoms vs. universal structure. Could it also hint toward individual vs. society and human deception?
edit on 8/15/2011 by BirdOfillOmen because: (no reason given)

Of course it is possible this phrase which describes the reality we know is true, has a hidden meaning for groups of devil worshipers and minions - it may indeed be twisted to convey almost anything.
As "order through chaos" is convoluted to have ulterior meaning and a hidden agenda, and I am sure it does. To many it does not mean maintain order in the face of chaos. Instead it means create chaos so you can maintain pre-established "order" using the confusion to mask a diabolical agenda - hiding behind the constant mayhem and conflicts.

Is that why the words "as above so below" were uttered in the first place?

No. They are the truth...hijacked by liars and turned around on you the same way.

I am not saying if you investigate you will not find a conspiracy there. I never really thought about it in occult terms and what that might mean to Masons and or the Illuminati because I don't follow their science. It is, they are, all "getting around God" plain and simple. And I know it is possible to do but I CHOOSE not to bother to learn how. Though perhaps stimulating, invigorating, and rewarding in the short term - I do not think it fares well for you at all in the end.

edit on 15-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I'm just curious of how you guys interpret this phrase...

Its a meme.
As sapient writes above (4th comment), its a phrase thats been kicking around a few years, took on some kind of "official" status when the freemasons decided to use a version of it, and since then a whole bunch of people use it for whatever reason they choose. Even, as you said, in song lyrics.

It means whatever it is you want it to mean. Or nothing.

edit on 15-8-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz

the Earth is a globe...where ever you are at one point...you will be either above or below...

very simple

You might think but no...
I don't think of it that way. Where ever I am, is in the middle and the rest surrounds me.

I think everyone should think that way. We are concentric rings, overlapping emanating from a well spring type of "source." I am not saying this is the literal truth. I think I can still have an opinion.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It is simply a term to allow you to understand yourself, your environment and your reality.

Is it being used to control people? Depends on how you view things. Take marketing for example, advertising company's are smart people, they research a lot and learn how to control people. You could describe that as an esoteric understanding of the term, or you could say that they know the psychology of people.

I think a lot of occultic symbolism IS used by business and government because we have imbued them with power of mystery. Thus they generate interest and continue the cycle. Is there hidden messages in Lady Gaga? Yes, do they have a meaning? Not until we make them up.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

conversely, one also finds this within judeo-christianity -surely the antithesis of luceriferian satanism.

Verily I say unto you, what things soever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and what things soever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

matthew 18:18

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
As above has always meant the planets and stars in the sky reflecting their energy onto us on the earth below for me.

Saturn is currently languishing opposite the moon in the sky and I am feeling a bit fed up, everything feels heavy. Its 3 degrees off exact so it will get worse for a few hours before it gets better and the moon moves on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join