It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO to give rebels anti-tank weapons. Syrian fight Palestinians in Latakia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Source

For the first time in the five-month anti-Assad uprising, Syrian forces clashed with dissident Palestinians Sunday, Aug. 14, in the al-Raml a-Filistini district of Syria's biggest port Latakia. As they moved toward the town center, the two Syrian tank divisions and armored infantry were challenged by Palestinians firing heavy machine guns, anti-tank RPGs and roadside bombs. Nineteen of the 24 dead Sunday were Palestinians.

debkafile's military sources affirm that contrary to earlier reports, the Syrian missile ships cruising offshore took no part in the attack on Latakia. Their function is to blockade the port against arms smuggling. Nevertheless the weapons used by Palestinians fighting in Latakia Sunday came from Lebanon aboard smugglers' boats. There are almost daily incidents of Syrian ships firing on suspect vessels.

If this be true then it is absolutely disgusting. Sure, al-Assad is not a saint and does not obey all the human rights the hypocritical Western leaders preach but to arm enemies of his regime, that is terrible. The reason I find this more believable than the reports of a direct NATO intervention into Syria is that through the funneling of weapons into the hands of rebels the West is able to navigate its way around the threat of an intervention from Iran and Lebanon to defend their ally.

Syrian 'warships shell port city of Latakia'

Perhaps the thread, which I authored, above is actually a fabrication as Tarpley has suggested. That would just mean the lie machine has truly ramped itself up so as to excite the people into turning against al-Assad so as to support a type of intervention to overthrow him or at least not question his overthrow.

I believe that there is a very good possibility that NATO is arming the rebels to overthrow al-Assad, for what reason exactly is yet to be known. What we do know is that if his regime is overthrown then Lebanon and Iran both lose a strategic ally in the region and Russia loses a very critical base along the Mediterranean Sea. So there are many different reasons to conduct armed rebellion.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Not NATOs First Time to do this, they are already helping the terrorists in East Libya, and have helped a terrorist network in the Balkans called KLA look it up.

Its sicking for what NATO is doing no should forget NATOs crimes in italy during the 50s

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I read your thread about the warships and instantly thought it might be a false flag.

I had read a blog or post somewhere of Syrian man accusing the West, specifically the United States (of course), of sponsoring terrorism in the country. Then when the Syrian armed forces mobilized to fight back against the terrorists, the Western media spun it as Al-Assad attacking peaceful protesters with deadly force.

I'm not saying this is what actually happened, but it wouldn't be the first time the US has done something of the sort, and they have a lot to gain by doing so.

new topics

join