It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you think this was?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
After reading the Strange Plane thread i started to think about somthing i saw about five years back while living in Bangor ME. I stated the location because i don't know if this makes a difference or not. Anyway, back to my "sighting"; It was around midnight and around Aug if i remember correctly; myself and three friends were in a golf course lying around star gazing. let me see if i can explain this; i was looking up, my perception was that this was quite a distance away, and the only way i could actually see it was just outside of my focal point. if i tried focusing on it i couldn't see it, I had to look at somthing just next to it. It was a light, not sure if there were more then one, that was moving very erratically. zig-zagging, up and down; but it did seem to be going some where. for the length of time that we were at the golf course it had gone a little bit of a distance.

anyone have any ideas?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
ufo maybe????????

was it a full moon or new moon that night?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:36 PM
link   
perhaps a spirit orb? those often are observable in the 'peripheral' but not 'central' vision, and depending on size an dluminosity, could seem to be much farther away than they actually were.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
i don't remember what phase of the moon we were in at that time.

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by blyss
i don't remember what phase of the moon we were in at that time.

a farmers almanac should be able to tell you or maybe some weather site.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would do this, but i also don't remember if we were in Aug or Sep. this happened about five years ago.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
sounds to me like a star...

Just your eye ever so slightly vibrating or something similar to make it look as tough it was moving. This is actuallyu quite commen. Even so when you are looking at things out of the corner of your eyes..

Sorry to be a party pooper, ignore my mundane answer for something more exciting, if you like

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Only seeing it when you looked at something else is not an uncommon thing either. In the navy each ship has lookouts at all times of the day and night and are taught to not try to focus directly onto what they are seeing. Instead they are told to look a bit elsewhere, peripheral vision seems to work better at night.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Might have been a satelite, or even the Space Station/ Could you describe What shape it was, or even how far away it was?

MBF

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by blyss
the only way i could actually see it was just outside of my focal point. if i tried focusing on it i couldn't see it, I had to look at somthing just next to it.

anyone have any ideas?

This has something to do photoreceptors in the eyes called cones. What you saw was normal. At night you have to slightly shift your focus to see small objects.

top topics

join