It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circle Forum Request

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Hello ATS leadership and members, I am surprised that there is not yet a Crop Circle forum.

Currently, there are numerous crop circle threads residing on and scattered about multiple forums such as Aliens & UFOs, ATS Skunk Works, 2012 Infomation & Conspiracies, Philosophy and Metaphysics, Predictions & Prophecies, and so on.

So it would seem appropriate that Crop Circles have their very own forum. Lately, I see many passionately created threads authored by highly respected members of ATS regarding fantastically complex, mysterious, and often downright beautiful crop circles end up in the Skunk Works forum. It just doesn't seem right to me, even if they are often highly speculative (or even in some instances obvious man-made hoaxes).

I see that currently there is an empty slot under Mysterious Subject Matter Forums, and that could be the perfect place for it, perhaps?

At the very least, crop circles are awesome to look at and it would be nice if all of the threads covering them be consolidated into one sub-forum.

Your thoughts? Looking forward to and hoping for some support and consideration on this request. Cheers, for now.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

i second your request for a dedecated forum for crop circles,
there is some that are obviously man made but some are not,
the fact that people who have claimed to make all these circles have links to "agencies"
shows there is a very recognisable conspiricy to discredit the genuine circles,
you really cant keep putting all circle threads in skunk works and have any sort of non bias,
as skunk works is akin to the hoax forum.
for the sake of not showing a bias and skunking these threads and in light of the obvoius and ongoing disinformation campain this is a real conspiracvy

and hell thats what this place is about, right?

xploder
edit on 14-8-2011 by XPLodER because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I would have to agree with your sentiment on a crop circle forum, due to the fact that so many people here on ATS are passionate and well verse on this topic.

It would also be much more organized, since ATS is growing rapidly and attracts members specifically for the area of crop circle interest.

Good call OP
edit on 14-8-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Consider this my vote also for a crop circle forum. In fact, I have an idea fr a new ATS poll. Which topic would make the best new forum. Crop circles would be a leading vote getter.

As far as relocating them to Skunk Works, couldnt really any of the topics here end up in skunk works based solely on the forum defintion?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the support and responses all, I knew I wasn't the only one boggled when seeing awesome crop circle threads in the skunk works forum. Still hoping for some moderator based feedback on this idea... Cheers, for now.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Good Luck~! But, I've requested a NASA conspiracy forum for almost 2years now and not a sniff from any of the mods, or management.. but..

good luck anyways....S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here is my take on this...and be reminded this is my opinion and not necessarily the rest of the staff or the owners opinions.

I don't think a dedicated forum for crop circles is needed. The subject of crop circles can fall under many different areas and that is why you see them in different forums. You will find threads in Skunk Works because they are completely speculative or just plain fake...this is where any thread goes that fits this bill...regardless of the subject matter. You will find threads in Religious Conspirices because the OP ties the crop circle into something religious...this is where any thread goes that fits this bill.

This same formula can be applied to all of these threads for the most part..whether it be Aliens and UFO's or something different. I'm sure there are some threads on crop circles that don't really belong anywhere else..but there aren't enough of those to warrant their own forum in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

so a purely scientific attempt to look at crop circles would stay if posted in science if the "slant" of the thread was scientific?
could for ease of use can we have a posting guide to figaur out what goes where and why as this could help not only members but also staff who would have to move less threads

thanks for the xplination dude

xploder

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Hey, thanks for your response there. I would agree that a crop circle forum is not needed, but it would be nice for those who are very interested in them.

Of course they currently fall under different topics, and forums, with there not being a forum dedicated to them yet and all. Personally I have noticed a large number of crop circle threads recently, hence my request - Which still stands.

Peace - For now.

new topics

top topics

join