It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One mitzvah at a time and Wisdom of the Hebrew alphabet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is a double dipper for Saturday evening. This is what I looked at today in order to easily introduce me into Haredi Judaism. Like my other threads dealing with Judaism I feel I must do a series to share, discuss, and keep tract on my studying in Judaism. When I mention series I hope to start posting on Saturday evening and also after I have dinner with my family and friends at home. Today we'll do two subjects I have been reading on. The 613 Commandments from the Talmud and Wisdom of the Hebrew alphabet. In my title I mentioned One mitzvah at a time. Which means I will learn about one mitzvah at a time and apply it to myself. Wisdom of the Hebrew alphabet is a book I'm reading. Sharing my faith with other users will allow me to gain more confidence in myself and share a positive influence of Judaism.

א The symbol of G-d's Oneness and Mastery. The 'א' symbolizes the One and Only, the Eternal, the Omnipotent G-d. It is a symbol of G-d as the Creator and Master of the universe. The gematria [numerical value] of 'א' is one. The parts with which the letter is formed to allude to G-d's sacred Name, as we shall see below. Even the name aleph (א) - because it is related to aluph [master] - alludes to the sovereignty of G-d.
The Midrash teachings that G-d Himself addressed the 'א', saying that it stands at the head of the Aleph-Beis like a king. "You are one, I am one, and the Torah is one," G-d said, and He pledge to use it as the first letter of the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-3) "I am Hashem, your G-d, who has taken you out of the land of Egypt. From the house of slavery. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me."
Ten Commandments - Exodus 20

Two of the 613 commandments are:
1. To know there is a G-d--Exodus 20:2

2. Not to entertain thoughts of other gods besides Him--Exodus 20:3
Source

اللَّهُ لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ الْحَيُّ الْقَيُّومُ لاَ تَأْخُذُهُ سِنَةٌ وَلاَ نَوْمٌ لَهُ مَا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الأَرْضِ مَنْ ذَا الَّذِي يَشْفَعُ عِنْدَهُ إِلاَّ بِإِذْنِهِ يَعْلَمُ مَا بَيْنَ أَيْدِيهِمْ وَمَا خَلْفَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِيطُونَ بِشَيْءٍ مِنْ عِلْمِهِ إِلاَّ بِمَا شَاءَ وَسِعَ كُرْسِيُّهُ السَّمَاو ;َاتِ وَالأَرْضَ وَلاَ يَئُودُهُ حِفْظُهُمَا وَهُوَ الْعَلِيُّ الْعَظِيمُ
Qur'an Source
"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
[Surah al-Baqarah 2: 255]

As I'm sitting here about to eat dinner. I'm thankful for the food and my family tonight. Thankful I can share my faith with others on Hashem. Tell me what you think of my thread. Do you understand? I'm very confused even though I was born Jewish and I should already know all about this. I also felt like adding a verse from the Quran. Which I hope relates to my thread. I also like both Islam and Buddhism.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I believe this quote should be relevant to my thread. I have always wanted to use Buddhism with Judaism and Islam. One way or another.

Sanskrit Quote for Brenna Marcas Perez
गते शोको न कर्तव्यो भविष्यं नैव चिंतयेत्। वर्तमानेन कालेन वर्तयंति विचक्षणाः English translation of Sanskrit Quote: One should not regret the past. One should not worry about the future. Wise men act by the present time.

Source

To myself this quote can be used in many different ways. I would like to present at as a way for men and women to gain knowledge from G-d and do good for others.

new topics

join