It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The obvious solution to Africa famine that is completely ignored.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I apologise for starting a new thread, but I posted this twice in another thread but got completely ignored. The solution to Africa's famine is dead simple and it is called cloud seeding:

en.wikipedia.org...

Africa does not need donations, food, or money. Africa needs rain. It is the drought that is killing those people, and artificial rain (i.e. cloud seeding) has been an established means to introduce water to dry areas.

I do not know, it seems so obvious to me. Instead of donading money or food, and having to deal with all the corruption, why don't the Western countries organize a cloud seeding expedition? it might be cheaper, too.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think cloud seeding could create problems. There is only a finite amount of rain up there. If it falls somewhere it wont fall somewhere else..
Understanding the ecology of the area would help a lot, taking measures to reduce soil erosion and retaining and trapping water would help...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good point, I know that the UN states that using weather manipulation in other countries is illegal while it is legal to use weather manipulation in your own country. This should be an exception of course but just a thought. George W. Bush actually sent more aid to Africa than every other president combined so I'm wondering if Obama cut a bunch off causing worsening conditions? Not to bring politics into it but a few years ago I heard they were doing pretty well.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Chem trail another country? As a Christian, my heart goes out to them, but why is it the world's responsibility to babysit every country? America is broke along with the EU.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

A) Cloud seeding requires existing moisture in the air to form clouds, it doesn't make water. In truly dry places, cloud seeding is just spraying chemicals into dry air. Seeding in air that has water in it facilitates condensation into clouds, and subsequent precipitation. If there's nothing to precipitate, cloud seeding won't make it rain.

B) Cloud seeding doesn't work very well. China has probably done more work in this area than any other nation, and their results as far as induced or increased precipitation are not impressive. It's an experimental technology and it's not clear that it will ever work as well as people think it should.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
If it were that easy do you think anywhere on the planet would have drought?

Your idea is flawed.. You really should research a subject before putting a theory out there..

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
To stop the famine they need birth controll, nothing more, nothing less....

For over 30 years the world has been carrying these places yet they are well enough to breed !

Besides do you really think the NWO needs another thriving population to mess things up for them??

Just my 2p's worth

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by masterp

Ive got a couple solutions!!

1. stop having so many kids!! do you know how many people in those camps have 5 and 6 kids!?!?!?
2. maybe if all the roving gangs of gang raping breast cutting off savages put down their guns and pick up shovels and hoes there might BE SOME FOOD..

Africa is the FACEPALM continent

foreign aid teams have gone there and literally dug wells with SHOVELS!!!!!!

those morons can't even dig their own wells.. I say its god's will and/or evolution what they are doing to themselves, OR I should say what they ARE NOT doing for theirselves!!!

NOONE came to my ancestors aid, they had the mental capacity to feed theirselves, even through the famines my Grandmother told us about.. I mean eating dandelions, digging their own wells, you know stuff people ON EVERY OTHER CONTINENT are able to do!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Chem trail another country? As a Christian, my heart goes out to them, but why is it the world's responsibility to babysit every country? America is broke along with the EU.

We can afford to send Navy Seals to rescue a rusty boat with four guys on it but we can't afford to send a few bags of rice and a jeep to save women and children? The only thing "broke" in the US and EU is our moral compass.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
What they need is not cloud seeding, as that is just a bandaid, what they need is to learn how to work with the land and area that they have. There is always a famine somewhere, and usually it hits eastern africa more and more, and the people of the world look appalled and send aid. Then it gets tangled in a mire of governmental beuracracy and red tape, where the aid does not get to the very people it is suppose to. Cash goes missing, and food is taken for the military or those in the government of the country that it is destined for. People see this and do not see the point of continually sending aid, if it does not reach the intended people or victims of the natural diseaster. These people do not need to be given any more aid, rather they need to start to help themselves. If they are willing to take a hand up to help themselves, then people will be more willing to give that way, but no more handouts. That and the people just can't afford it right now.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If they haven't figured out how to survive through drought and famine yet I highly doubt there is any hope. They've had thousands of years to work on this problem.

Maybe they are all democrats?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Even today there is vast areas of fertile land in Africa..
The problem is it is mostly owned or controlled by foreign interests and being used to grow expensive or exotic crops for the export market..

Why not give Africans their fertile lands back and let them grow their own food??

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The obvious solution is stop allowing 1st world nations to take advantage of these countries for cheap labor and resources.

The technology exists to provide clean water for drinking and systems like aquaponics would solve the famine issue.

Unfortunately until the sheeple stop believing the blinking magic box, in every room, things wont change. The average citizen of the 'civilized' world believes that vegetables are bad for you and McDonalds is what you need to live.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Cloud seeding is new to me.

I do believe following the actions of Gaddafi's lead and creating manmade irrigating rivers is the most sensible solution. There has to be a way to make that happen.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
Even today there is vast areas of fertile land in Africa..
The problem is it is mostly owned or controlled by foreign interests and being used to grow expensive or exotic crops for the export market..

Why not give Africans their fertile lands back and let them grow their own food??

The August 2003 issue of National Geographic contains an article about that situation taking place in Zimbabwe, it was, and is, a complete disaster. President Robert Mugabe authorized the seizure of lands owned for generations by white farmers and turned them over to the natives. Land that had been cultivated returned to wasteland because the locals had no farming experience and the government offered no assistance.
Children are dying because adults can't work together, it seems this tune never changes in Africa.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Weather manipulation can have serious international side effects. I would like to see some UN oversight and guidance to all weather altering programs as this is a very complex topic that can interfere with monitoring of climate change and many other known and unknown repercussions. It takes a lot of resources and transparency to use this technology in a responsible manner.

As for Africa there are a lot of social and distribution issues. With the African Union being disregarded by NATO and the US in regards to Libya it undermines the authority and cohesion of this respected and important body. The rest of the world needs to grow up and get some respect for a start. The IMF have caused huge problems in the past but have recently has a change in leadership so hopefully they will start to use a bit more reason in their decisions. Wall Street is also a big problem in regards to the current famine going on.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Blunt and to the point, but largely on the money....

It's fashionable to blame the white man, but they've had more money thrown at them than you'd ever know and there comes a point when they have to take some responsibility.

I'm sick of hearing how poor Mbumwe has to walk 30 miles to get water.

Mbumwe should move closer to the water. This is what our ancestors did.

I'm sick of hearing how poor Mbumwe can't feed her 7 kids. Me thinks Mbumwe should have not had so many kids.

I'm sick of hearing how poor Mbumwe has suffered through 20 years of war. Well, maybe if they would stop being tribal nob-heads and sat down to work it all out, the men would be around to work the fields, protect the women and all this would stop.

In short, Africa needs to grow the fudge up and stop acting like a bunch of animals. There is really no reason for the vast majority of the wars that take place there, for the most part they are tribal (read racist) conflicts where one tribe wants another one dead, simply for being a different tribe.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I do not think that countries in the UN would deny such a proposal, if it was ever put on the table. The effort to seed clouds over specific areas of interest over Africa could be international.

I do not think the weather repercussions would be serious. In order to affect the climate globally in any serious way, the artificial clouds would have to span an enormous area, something not acheivable with current means.

I agree that the cloud seeding technology is experimental, but I think it is neccessary to try. Neccessity is the mother of invention.

The air over Somalia is not completely dry, is it? especially in high altitude. I think that the moisture in high altitude, when combined with water and chemicals spreading, would create clouds.

Finally, i do not think that the African people would ever dhange their habits. It seems to me that, since they essentially live in the same way, unaltered, for centuries, that they perhaps never evolve out of their current ways. They just prefer to live in this way. I would much rather help them in practical ways like cloud seeding than trying to modernize them, because i think trying to alter their ways would simply not work.

Please, do not get me wrong. It would be ideal for them to rise out of their current way of living; to have birth control, modern education, modern agriculture, water infrastructure, plumping, electricity, etc. I just do not think that it will happen though. It seems to me there are too set in their ways.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Are we the only 2 people who understand it all? The whole Africa thing is beyond explanation, as in its hard to put into words. Example:

A retard keeps puting a car key into a light socket, gets shocked and runs around crying, picks up the key and puts it into the light socket again..over and over and over.. while people stand around coming up with ways to change car key size, ways to "make light sockets safer", ways to invent a glove you can where that electricity can't travel through, etc. etc...

When will people realize the retard IS the problem?.. not what is around him...

new topics

top topics

join