It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies and downplaying continue in the MSM (Ron Paul)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

You know they didn't talk about the internet straw poll either.

www.kcautv.com...

1st - Ron Paul with 44% of the unique online votes 2nd - Herman Cain 16% 3rd - Michele Bachmann 10% 4th - Rick Perry 8% 5th - (TIE) Tim Pawlenty and Mitt Romney 5% 7th - Sarah Palin 4% 8th - "Someone Else" 3% 9th - Rick Santorum 2% 10th - (Tie) Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich with 1% of the unique online votes

Ron Paul #1.
Of course that will be blamed on the fact that online polls are "useless"...but only when Paul wins.....

Regardless, what I find REALLY hilarious is that 3% (8th place!) voted for "someone else" HAHA!
I hope that makes Rick Santorum, Jon Huntsman and Newt Gingrich feel really good!!!

edit on 13-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'd also like to point out one more thing, then I'm signing off for a while...

I'm noticing that the MSM is really giving Bahmann a lot of attention because of this from both sides. (even CNN) That's pretty much to be expected, but given the article in the OP linked from CNN, I think it's pretty safe to assume that had Paul got #1, it barely would have been mentioned and cast aside as nothing but "hype"..

I think the MSM had a plan B in case she didn't get enough votes to get #1, which she just barely achieved. The article in the OP is proof that they were scared of Ron Paul getting #1 IMO. I would bet loads of cash that the media would have then spun it to read something like what we saw in the OP. That's big, and it says a lot.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by vermonster

I really wish that were true. The major news networks have the biggest influence on American voters IMO, unfortunately. :/ Btw, I'm already hearing that they are downplaying the results, talking about #1 skipping 2 and going right to 3. lol.

I ralphed all over myself when I saw the title of this article:

Michele Bachmann wins Ames Straw Poll, Tim Pawlenty gets third

Read more: www.politico.com...

Then I punched my monitor.

eta: I just checked and our public school system, at least here, does still teach proper counting including the number '2'
edit on 13-8-2011 by vermonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

*sigh* I know... Now all I keep hearing from both parties (CNN and FOX) is that it's now down to Bachmann, Romney, and Perry.

When it's brought up that Ron Paul has a lot of "passionate" followers coming in at 2nd place, and if he has a chance, all the so-called "experts" are saying something similar to this: "No. He's not electable"

Seriously? WTF is wrong with these people, and why are so many people having trouble seeing the MSM's obvious political trolling?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Slightly off topic regarding msm..

I was looking at one of my other posts, and was checking some numbers to see differences:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, according to what I put down for the YouTube count, it has dropped significantly.

Back when I made that post just about 1 month ago, if you did a YouTube search for "Ron Paul" (in quotes) you'd get 'About 178,000 results'. Now, if you do that same search you get 'About 109,000 results'.

All of the other candidates' numbers hadn't changed much, or mostly went up slightly.

I haven't gone through the whole list of numbers yet, but I thought that was very odd that 69,000 results simply vanish, which is over 1/3 of the initial result count. Doesn't surprise me really. I wonder if there is news of high-volume-video accounts being deleted as of late.

I'll review and make an update of that full list tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
3. Ron Paul's hardcore supporters are not Republicans....they are anti-war maggots, or dope-smoking hippies.

So you must be a pro-war maggot then. If so, please volunteer for service immediately. I'm sure you believe it would be worth it to give your life to defend TPTB.

The MSM are criminals. You probably work for them.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
If the American people had backbones and the spirit that MADE America what she was in the FIRST place, they'd get really mad about this.

Here we have the media trying to shape and guide the elections. That isn't their job - that's propaganda of a type worse than China puts out. Don't go complaining about other countries and their propaganda when we almost have a dear leader situation right HERE with whoever the DEAR LEADER that the media approves of IS.

It's sickening - no matter WHO you support. They need their butts kicked over it. Of course when you watch the debates and you see EXXON MOBILE sponsoring and you see all the big drug companies on the nightly news, y ou know who OWNS them.

But this crap has GOT to stop. HOW DARE them tell me who is or is not electible before the first vote was even cast. Come ON. SUPPOSEDLY this IS America, isn't it? Where everyone has AN EQUAL CHANCE?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well ...this really should be IT. Enough is enough .... the MSM has been able to pull this BS for decades .. but now it is so blatantly- in our faces-obvious ... we cannot let complacency overtake us again..

The STRAW POLL election was rigged ... I'll say it right now.... the manipulation is so obvious that one realizes that a Ron Paul victory was not and could not be allowed ...

The effort they are putting in to molding a perception of RP is relentless ..imagine if they had to report that he had won? .. It would not and wasnt allowed to happen ..

These fake pundits and programmed perfect Ken and Barbies that are up there reading the news are traitors to their country and countrymen ...if not programmed robots ... Hannitys and Limbaughs and Becks and Dobbs and Oreillys and Dennis Millers and all the rest are money grubbing traitors who have sold out their country and their own souls... they are shameless liars that deserve the worst that the afterlife can bring

The question is .... will this be allowed by a sleeping mass again? Will we simply accept this total flim-flam of an "election process" if becomes so obvious that the people's will was not followed?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This whole fiasco reminds me of movie The Truman Show. Remember when Truman began waking up and wanting to leave the island? TPTB began manufacturing reasons for him to stay. He kept seeing stories saying Sea Haven was the best place to live. When he walks into an elevator, he can see that it is part of a movie set, and later the news tries to pacify him by saying it was actually an accident.
Now every time Ron Paul gets closer to the Presdiency, the MSM, under the direction of TPTB, says the straw polls are irrelevant, he is unelectable, no one likes him

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
FOX is already whining about his stance on the war and foreign policy. Notice how the woman implies there's something behind all of this.

And as usual they push the unending support of Israel. Like we should support a country that does things like this to us.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Wouldn't people get suspicious if he wasn't downplayed? After all, he is so radical in what he advocates, wouldn't people start suspecting him if the MSM started to portray him as a serious candidate right from the start?

He has to fare well in a couple of states before the MSM will act forced to take him seriously. Don't worry he will get the support of MSM as well, pretty soon

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Listen here Jerknut. I don’t know who you are. How FN dare you insinuate I am a dope smoking anti war Maggot.

I am most definitely over the age of 18.
In the past 24 years I have been shot at, stabbed, gone home with lumps and bruises, tolerated quarrels saved a few lives and earned the medal of honor protecting the likes of you.

I am a very independent thinker and carry out what I believe with action not words.
can you say the same thing? Have you ever risked your neck for someone else that you dont know?
Just think deeply about that.

As of now I will vote for Ron Paul

And

Just when I feel humanity has a chance you confirm to me that we as a species have a long way to go.
I don’t care who you vote for. I don’t care if you are under the age of 18. I don’t care if you smoke pot and I don’t care if you are maggot that dislikes war or confrontation.

I do care about the fact that you feel secure and comfy denigrating your countrymen and their individual beliefs.

Sometimes I wonder what I have been doing for so long was worth the investment.

Just an FYI. Let people make their own decisions without your condemnation.

Peace to you. We are all in this fight together.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Sorry about the above rant. Good post Wookiep

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by BioSafe
Sorry about the above rant. Good post Wookiep

No worries at all, you're right. Thanks for your post and thanks for your service.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I wanted to put a new video on here that combines the 2011 CPAC reaction "mistake" (yeah right) deception with what is going on now. We really need to keep spreading this around like wildfire. There are really bad things happening right now and everyone should be aware REGARDLESS of what your party is.

It's pretty good but you only need to watch up until 10min because after that it's just music.

edit on 18-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join