It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lies and downplaying continue in the MSM (Ron Paul)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I really wanted to post this in "political madness" because it's madness. However, for some reason I just could not find it on the list of forums.
.ETA: The mods moved it, thanks!

Yet again, we see more nonsense from the MSM as usual.

Here's a time article (linked on CNN.com) about the Iowa GOP straw poll and how "overhyped" it is. The author spends the entire time trying to convince us that it really means nothing and no-one should really pay any attention to it. It's along the same lines when they (the MSM) downplay the fact that in EVERY GOP debate, Ron Paul won the crowd support and every poll including those conducted by the MSM.

Look at the last paragraph in this article:

It’s also entirely possible that Ron Paul, with his fanatical following, will embarrass the party by beating everyone and winning the straw poll. If that happens, you could see it as a sign that Paul is being wildly underestimated and is en route to becoming the next Republican nominee. Or you could see it as evidence that the Iowa straw poll is a silly exercise, not worth the attention it commands, and that candidates and reporters alike would be better off enjoying a summer Saturday before the campaign finally gets serious this fall.

swampland.time.com...

Not surprising, but once again sickening. These people are really getting desperate now.

"The crowd reaction is just his "fanatics". "The internet polls are useless, it's just his cult following fudging the numbers" . Uh huh, how long are we going to keep up the lies a-holes?
edit on 13-8-2011 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Yes .. what's happening is appalling ... I was watching "the Five" ..a roundtable of unknown bimbos and BimbJoes talking about the debate yesterday afternoon ... trying to be "hip" with popular music between breaks ... using vernacular .. it was obvious they were trying to be "young" ..

When it was time to show the results of the "poll" of what viewers that went to FoX' website and voted on who won the debate .. they had technical difficulties ..and said "ahh we dont have that poll" ... but we do have a demographic breakdown of who is disgruntled with the current economy .... !!

All of the MSM is trying to derail Ron Paul early ... it is sickening .. they referred to RP as "crazy old Uncle Paul" etc

I spoke to my mother this afternoon, bless her poor sheeple heart ..and she asked "arent you going to back the Christian from Texas... Rick Perry?'' .....

I hate to be hopeless... but the slumber is deep ..and they have us technologically ... they can rig it from the information we get to the ballot box ....
edit on 13-8-2011 by sayiamu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

This has a name: FEAR

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
I really wanted to post this in "political madness" because it's madness. However, for some reason I just could not find it on the list of forums.
Mods, can you please move there if you can, thanks.

Yet again, we see more nonsense from the MSM as usual. I

Here's a time article (linked on CNN.com) about the Iowa GOP straw poll and how "overhyped" it is. The author spends the entire time trying to convince us that it really means nothing and no-one should really pay any attention to it. It's along the same lines when they (the MSM) downplay the fact that in EVERY GOP debate, Ron Paul won the crowd support and every poll including those conducted by the MSM.

Look at the last paragraph in this article:

It’s also entirely possible that Ron Paul, with his fanatical following, will embarrass the party by beating everyone and winning the straw poll. If that happens, you could see it as a sign that Paul is being wildly underestimated and is en route to becoming the next Republican nominee. Or you could see it as evidence that the Iowa straw poll is a silly exercise, not worth the attention it commands, and that candidates and reporters alike would be better off enjoying a summer Saturday before the campaign finally gets se

swampland.time.com...

Not surprising, but once again sickening. These people are really getting desperate now.

"The crowd reaction is just his "fanatics". "The internet polls are useless, it's just his cult following fudging the numbers" . Uh huh, how long are we going to keep up the lies a-holes?

Just a matter of time until he has a "heart attack." Hope not...

edit on 13-8-2011 by colbyforce because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here's another example. What other candidate gets garbage questions like this??? "Do you have any electability?" Really?? C'mon, that's like a liberal asking a conservative "Why do you suck, sir?" FFS.

Starts around 2 min.

What makes him less "electable" than say... Mit Romney?? Is it because he doesn't support the status quo like every other candidate?? I'm really sick of hearing "oh he's not electable". What gives anyone the right to say that?? He's obviously got a lot of support and people really should just give up on trying to downplay that support.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sayiamuI spoke to my mother this afternoon, bless her poor sheeple heart ..and she asked "arent you going to back the Christian from Texas... Rick Perry?'' .....

I just found out why my grandmother and all of her friends voted for Bush.

"Because he was a Christian."

And they still love the moron and he's done no wrong. He was not worse than Obama, they say.

This is why I cannot stand when religion effects politics.

It's POLITICS. Leave your damn religious beliefs out of it!
edit on 8/13/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sayiamu

When it was time to show the results of the "poll" of what viewers that went to FoX' website and voted on who won the debate .. they had technical difficulties ..and said "ahh we dont have that poll" ... but we do have a demographic breakdown of who is disgruntled with the current economy .... !!

Yep, the polls are always convenient for the MSM when they rule in favor of the candidate they are trying to promote. When it's in favor of Ron Paul it's always 1 of 2 things. "Fanatics skewed the polls and polls really don't mean anything kids" or "oops we have had some technical difficulties."

Yet, when it's in favor of someone like Mit Romney or Rick perry it's "Well there you have it folks, those are the numbers and numbers don't lie!"

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BeyondPerception

I agree. The main reason I agree is because the religious crowd is the easiest to manipulate. They will blindly follow anyone who talks like they are a follower of God regardless of any other quality. It's time the religious folk also recognize they are being the "sheep led to wolves".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The problem with Ron Paul followers is that they don't know the difference between a poll and a ballot.

Someone needs to let them know you actually have to register to vote in order to do so.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You're missing the point.

#1 This isn't *just* about polls anymore, did you read the thread?
#2 If it was just about polls, then I'm sure you'd raise a fit if they downplayed your candidate every debate, no?
#3 He gets massive crowd support at every GOP debate, but every single time it's accredited to his "cult followers".
#4 The term "not electable" get's thrown around a lot by the MSM (from the left and right) What gives them the right? Anyone can say that, it doesn't make it true or fair. It added nothing to the "debate" at all.
#4 Paul supporters are fully aware that the govt and MSM downplay this to manipulate votes at the BALLOT. That's the biggest and most frustrating problem in all of this.
#5 Who are you to say Paul supporters won't vote? He's got my vote, and I'll be at the ballot box, thanks!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

#2 If it was just about polls, then I'm sure you'd raise a fit if they downplayed your candidate every debate, no?
#3 He gets massive crowd support at every GOP debate, but every single time it's accredited to his "cult followers".
#4 The term "not electable" get's thrown around a lot by the MSM (from the left and right) What gives them the right? Anyone can say that, it doesn't make it true or fair. It added nothing to the "debate" at all.
#4 Paul supporters are fully aware that the govt and MSM downplay this to manipulate votes at the BALLOT. That's the biggest and most frustrating problem in all of this.
#5 Who are you to say Paul supporters won't vote? He's got my vote, and I'll be at the ballot box, thanks!

1. You have to be 18 to vote.

2. In most primaries you have to be a registered Republican to vote in the Republican Primary.

3. Ron Paul's hardcore supporters are not Republicans....they are anti-war maggots, or dope-smoking hippies.

4. Ron Paul's best chance is to run as an Independent. I am in favor of this, because it draws support away from Obama.....because the support he has does not come from Republicans in the first place.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 seconds

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Are you assuming all Ron Paul supporters are under 18? What gave you that ridiculous idea?

2. In most primaries you have to be a registered Republican to vote in the Republican Primary.

Ron Paul's ideas may not fit today's standard of what a "republican" is, but he certainly stands for what a republican *should* be.

3. Ron Paul's hardcore supporters are not Republicans....they are anti-war maggots, are dope-smoking hippies.

What is it with you?? Is it my hair that bothers you?? What are you going on about? This isn't the 60's anymore. People want some serious change, and not the crap Obama promised. For the record, I don't smoke weed and I think it's awfully brave of you to assume as much of any Paul supporters. I don't know one weed smoking Paul supporter so shove that in your pipe and smoke it.

4. Ron Paul's best chance is to run as an Independent. I am in favor of this, because it draws support away from Obama.....because the support he has does not come from Republicans in the first place

I disagree. There is no way Paul would win at the ballot as an independent. I shouldn't have to explain this to you but our country is (unfortunately) still locked tightly in the two party system.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

He tried that once. In 1988, as a Libertarian nominee for president. Why can't he run off the republican values of limited government and sound foreign policy?

And thank you for towing the line of what the OP's article says. Yeah, I'm a maggot because wars in the middle east are benefiting my well-being. And I'm a dope-smoking hippie too, because I think the government has overstepped its boundaries and put us into this economic mess. Unlike you, I'm researching my candidates. So far, the best candidate possible is R. Paul. A thirty year track record of not towing the establishment line, is a better candidate than one who waffles when his ratings start to drop.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

3. Ron Paul's hardcore supporters are not Republicans....they are anti-war maggots, or dope-smoking hippies.

4. Ron Paul's best chance is to run as an Independent. I am in favor of this, because it draws support away from Obama.....because the support he has does not come from Republicans in the first place.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Carseller4 because: 5 seconds

Are you crazy. Ron Paul is our best hope for the country.

you need to educate yourself, here is some recommendations.

And here is one of those hippies for ya!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If Ron Paul deosn't get the Republican nomination, look for him to run as an Independent. He has already said he's retiring from Congress to focus solely on 2012. He is trying to get the Republican nomination so he can get the backing in the Presidential race. some of us older folks saw what happened to Ross Perot in '92 running as an Independent and he was a millionaire. The one thing that makes it different in 2012 is the alternate media and the internet. My parents got their info from Fox News on who to vote but I stayed on them about Ron Paul. They are finally coming around after hearing him in the debate. My mom said he's the only one up there that doesn't sound like a politician when they talk. All people have to do is listen to him speak on the issues but the MSM will do whatever it takes to either censor or discredit him.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Well Paul gets 2nd in the Iowa straw poll. Let's see how long it takes for them to blame it on his "fanatical following".

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
msm knows if he runs as the rep. nominee its lights out for obama.. no republican would vote for obama over him.. plus, i bet he'd get half the lib. vote on his drug and war stance alone.. tea party loves him.. i could go on but you get the point.. it would be a landslide..
RP2012

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Let em down play it all they want.

Few people actually ONLY watch just tv.

People are fact checking.

People are becoming aware.

We got this one.
edit on 13-8-2011 by vermonster because: spel

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vermonster

I really wish that were true. The major news networks have the biggest influence on American voters IMO, unfortunately. :/ Btw, I'm already hearing that they are downplaying the results, talking about #1 skipping 2 and going right to 3. lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Yeah I noticed that too. I was reading the article on Foxnews.com and the only mention is that Ron came in close 2nd. Then they go on about the rivalry between Bachmann and Pawlenty and go on about Palin and Perry who didn't even compete in the straw poll.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join