It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cameron Hires American Super-Cop!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Here is some of the report

Cameron has appealed to America for help. After all Britain cannot do anything these days without getting the American go-ahead.In fact, where would England be without America there to help them out?

This time it comes in the form of An American Policeman, US “Supercop” Bill Bratton who is credited with cutting crime in America afetr the 1992 LA uprisings. He has been Police Chief in Both Los Angeles and New York and knows what he’s talking about.

From this link

howardgamble.com...

I first heard it reported on RT (Russia Today)News. Finally found the writen report by them

rt.com...

First off, this is in NO WAY a UK V. USA thing on my part.....but what it is is a UK GOV V. UK CITIZENS and that includes our police force.

What a very, very clever tactical move on the part of Cameron and TPTB in the UK. Rile our police force who have now been basically been told they are useless (which they are not!), facing huge cutbacks with less men on the street and reduced pay etc, etc, so you have a wonderful situation going to play out whereby Cameron and his cronnies can role out the Military and Marshall law.
Bringing in Bill Bratton is going to irk not just the police in this country, but it's honest citisens who respect our Policemen and women.
From the snippets I have read here on ATS about the LA 'riots'....all was not as it seemed to be.
Is there anybody out there who can throw some more light on what us Brits can expect from this Mr Bill Bratton (wonder how ling being polite about him will last!)
Rainbows
Jane
edit on Sat Aug 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Excellent, this is just what we need!.

Come on , lets just march on the houses of parliament and get this politician out of office, he has screwed up enough already.

i thought we had a dual role at the moment between conservatives and liberals? if so how can this be done without the agreement of the libs?

Who cares anymore, they will do it anyway, whilst the rest of the country watches britains got talent or big brother or some other # . . . . .
edit on 13-8-2011 by brommas because: (no reason given)

Edit: Profanity removed.
edit on 13-8-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by brommas

The seeds for the real riots have been planted now Cameron has set us on this path. And this time, people with real causes will target the real criminals. Only due to this farce, they will be treated harshly like criminals while our evil overlords sit laughing.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
You know i have been on many protests in the UK and stood facing police lines with others, not to antagonise the police in any way but to try to get them to understand that we are not only standing up for our rights but theirs too. The message has always been that although you may be seen as oppressing our freedom of speech, we understand that you are only government puppets and when your time comes we will stand with you too.

It certainly seems that this time is coming and im sure that many people, including myself will stand shoulder to shoulder with these guys if need be.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by HumanPLC

Thats a good attitude to have, only its one I cannot share. Police are NOT stupid, they are required to have a reasonable aptitude. They are making fully informed choices as adults, and know full well who and what they are working for. I personally would not help the police for crap after the way they treat the people of this nation on a daily basis, purely for money, unless they apologised and made amends.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I wonder how long it will be now before more of our police will do what Michael and Sarah Feeley did?

www.davidicke.com...

It's a video they made....I'm sorry I don't know how to do that clever jiggery pockery stuff to put it straight on here!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
These riots were just an excuse to implement a possible total social media blackout the next time a riot/protest takes place, which is possibly when the Global Economic Collapse kicks off.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Firefly_

I do agree mate however in many cases the police are disillusioned.

You do get the bad, power hungry ones however but that's just human nature, you see that in many other areas too.

With the remainder, i dont think its the police that are the problem its the laws that they have to uphold unfortunately the majority of these tend to favour the mega rich and corporations.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don’t get it, what’s wrong with getting advice with someone with a hell of a lot of experience and by all account a pretty good track record?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What does this tell you, That Cameron had a meeting with top police officials and they laughed and ridiculed him, "told you so" so to speak,
So Cameron has to save face on this,(pending an inquiry and all that) and basically brings in a " a private police adviser" doesn't really matter if hes an American but he does have a tough reputation of tackling top brass officers, Basically a divide and conquer tactic, IMO. So the question i would ask whats Cameron's agenda for the probable next phase of riots,
edit on 13-8-2011 by foxhoundone because: spelling mong

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

On the face of it nothing. But what you have to remember here is that only last Month, Cameron was calling for foreigners to be recruited into top posistions of the Police.

These people will have no attachment to our country, they will not care about the citizens and will merely bow to pressure from their political masters. Cameron doesn't like the fact that his economic policies have been questioned by ACPO and now he is looking to contol the Police further.

I have stated from the outset of the troubles that peaceful non compliance is the way forward. Rioting plays into the hands of the authorities and now it seems they will be adopting foreign practices on the streets of the U.K.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Here's one, and this is no reflection on the Americans, We are not a gun carrying country for a start.
Here's another one, Brits don't think or operate like the Americans.
Here's another one, what makes Cameron think that an American can do better than our Police Force? Policing (as we know it) started in this country, something adopted by every other country in the world. What an open and insiduous insult to our Policemen and women.
What's he going to do next? Bring in the New York firemen when London REALLY starts burning?
It's like the American's asking some Russian to come and advise them on spying...bit extreme, but you get my drifft.
If nothing else he is saying there are no two braincells in our force to deal with this!
Where's your patriotism?
Also please read the article in detail...this man is up for the top job in the MET which is currently filled by a temporary chap.
"Bratton says that he’s been interesting in the position and was hoping that it would be made available to people outside the UK. He adds that he has been long-aligned with Scotland Yard, and says his affiliation with England, the Met and “their role in democratic policing” dates back to almost 20 years ago."

"Officials in the UK will have to make their decision over the next head of the Met in the very near future, but with an application deadline of Friday, Bratton might not make the short list. Though it is not a matter of Britain law, Home Secretary Theresa May, who will chose the next top cop, wants the position to go a citizen of Britain"

And given that Theresa May made the blunder asking as to why the kids who were rioting were not at school!!!!???? Let alone the fact most of the rioting took place in the evening/night time....we have little hope!

rt.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

But what you have to remember here is that only last Month, Cameron was calling for foreigners to be recruited into top posistions of the Police.

But they’re not, that notion was put to bed by the Home Secretary.

Bratton will have no power.

If we’re going to march on parliament, as one person has suggested, because the PM appoints an adviser then why not do so over the appointment of any other adviser; they can all be persuaded to tow the line as many have.

Do we want a pm who has access to the best advice or not?

reply to post by angelchemuel

Here's one, and this is no reflection on the Americans, We are not a gun carrying country for a start.

I don’t see the relevance unless all crime in America is gun crime. Having said that one of the big challenges facing the met, and one they’ve shown difficulty in dealing with, is gun crime.

Here's another one, Brits don't think or operate like the Americans.

That’s a bit of a generalisation, I’d say that part of the problem was the import of certain aspects of American inner city gang culture which would make Bratton’s experience very valuable.

Also the fact that Bratton can give an outside perspective is a positive imo not a negative.

Lastly, no one has to actually act on Bratton’s advice, if it is seen as inapplicable in the context of British culture then it can be ignored.

Here's another one, what makes Cameron think that an American can do better than our Police Force?

Our police force has been tackling this problem for well over a decade and not made that much progress; as I mentioned earlier, by all accounts, Bratton has had a lot of success in both LA and NY dealing with similar problems.

As above it also does no harm to have an outside opinion.

Policing (as we know it) started in this country, something adopted by every other country in the world. What an open and insiduous insult to our Policemen and women.

Industry started in this country, was it an insidious insult to our industry workers when British companies adopted Japanese practices and massively increased productivity?

I don’t believe our police are so arrogant as to believe that they have all the answers. Clearly the fact that we’ve seen inner city gang and gun crime increase over the past couple of decades they don’t.

What's he going to do next? Bring in the New York firemen when London REALLY starts burning?
It's like the American's asking some Russian to come and advise them on spying...bit extreme, but you get my drifft.

We do ask foreigners to come here all the time to share experience, as they in turn ask us.

If nothing else he is saying there are no two braincells in our force to deal with this!

In what way? Bratton is not replacing the met leadership he is only adding his own experience that British forces don’t have.

Where's your patriotism?

It’s not an issue of patriotism, when a Russian submarine became trapped in 2005 did the Russian navy deny British help because it would be unpatriotic to accept that the RN could help? Of course not.

If Bratton has something that he can bring to the table it would be arrogant to turn him away because of patriotism.

Also please read the article in detail...this man is up for the top job in the MET which is currently filled by a temporary chap.

He’s not, Theresa May blocked any possibility of that happening.

The Daily Telegraph disclosed on Saturday that David Cameron wanted Mr Bratton, who won plaudits for his zero tolerance style of policing, to replace Sir Paul Stephenson as head of the met, but was overruled by Theresa May, the home secretary.

The role was advertised specifying that "applicants must be British citizens", ruling out any hope Mr Bratton had of applying for the job.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

He might want the job but he’s not getting it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I didn't say he was, I said he suggested this in Parliament last Month as a result of the News International fiasco. This could be the start of his crusade to place such people in these posts.

I accept that some people may see this as not being a problem. Personally, I think Cameron is so far out of touch and is clasping at straws.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Im sorry for you guys. Now you can get beat to death while crying for your dad. Hopefully no one films it though cause then they will be beaten or arrested as well. I am saddened for you.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I didn't say he was, I said he suggested this in Parliament last Month as a result of the News International fiasco.

I know but the point is that it doesn’t matter if Cameron suggested it because it’s already been blocked; appointing Bratton an adviser does not bring him any closer to leading the met.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
couldn't they end up giving him honorary citizen ship or whatnot by some from or royal or offical edict? or does the uk not have loop holes like that

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

I didn't say he was, I said he suggested this in Parliament last Month as a result of the News International fiasco.

I know but the point is that it doesn’t matter if Cameron suggested it because it’s already been blocked; appointing Bratton an adviser does not bring him any closer to leading the met.

On this occasion it has been blocked. However, we now know what avenue this PM wants to go down. Obviously it is going to take some time before this suggestion comes to fruition. Do you really think Cameron would let Theresa May block this suggestion on a permanent basis? Do you seriously think Theresa May will go against her master continuously on this subject?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Theresa May......like I said she questioned why the rioting kids weren't at school......oops she meant curfew... which will come...next on the agenda, and not just for kids either.

Cellphones blocked in SF to hinder transit protest, page 1.....here....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

and
Aggression during G20 rally ‘perpetrated by police,’ judge rules....here......
www.thestar.com...

coming soon to a city in the UK! This is the way they do things, this is not the British way.
Also remember here was Cameron a few months ago expounding the merits of social networking sites to rally the Egyptian people, I accept we cannot compare what has happened here with Egypt, but now he is 'mulling' the idea of closing and banning further access to people who are found guilty! You can't have it both ways.
Think we ae singing from the same hymn sheet.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I don’t think Cameron will get everything he wants or that he wants this enough to risk a alienating his allies. Remember he is holding together a fragile coalition, dissent among his own party would not be in his favour.

Do you really think Cameron would let Theresa May block this suggestion on a permanent basis? Do you seriously think Theresa May will go against her master continuously on this subject?

Gordon Brown was a constant thorn in Tony Blair’s side, as were many in his cabinet but they stayed around until the end. Power is not held entirely by the PM, Theresa May’s fate is not entirely in the hands of the PM.

Those things do not logically follow from appointing Bratton adviser to the PM.

Either they’ll happen because the police or government want them to happen or they won’t; they won’t happen because someone has been made an advisor.

<<   2 >>

join