It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Advertisement Section smack dab in "Hot Replies" Section Or Virus? (ANNOYING)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

And as for placing ads on the sides instead, ROFL! Don't you think they know that? And they'll use it too!

Well if they knew it why not do it? Strikes me as odd to affect what is very likely the most used page on the site - when they have ample free space down left and right to fit 2 or 3 adverts in on each side.
I get they need to generate revenue as it is a free service - but it just seems odd to put the ads where they did?
Hope they get moved.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Guess it's time to DL AdBlock and get kicked off the site

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I get that as the stie gets bigger and has more traffic, it costs more to maintain, but don´t they get more money for the existing ads, because of the increase in hits?

Is this really needed to maintain the site, or is this about making extra money? If so, do the mods get a share?

It only seems fair.

This feels like a slap in the face of the membership.
edit on 13-8-2011 by CaptainInstaban because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by facchino
Strikes me as odd to affect what is very likely the most used page on the site

Actually this makes the most sense. Take your most popular page, place an ad smack in the middle of the content, and you've just created your new "Premium" advertising spot. If I was going to pay ATS to show my ads, this is exactly where I would want it.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I am ok for this web site displaying ads as it is a source of revenue. But placing ads in the new topics section is too annoying and as a result am now downloading an ad block software !

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Damn thing is hanging around like a bloody wasp!!! Please somebody kill it!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Actually this makes the most sense. Take your most popular page, place an ad smack in the middle of the content, and you've just created your new "Premium" advertising spot. If I was going to pay ATS to show my ads, this is exactly where I would want it.

Wait wait wait...I think you're on to something here. What if a member were to rent the ad space? Then you could make just a blank ad. Or an ad for ATS. Or whatever you wanted. But without sound or anything annoying.

Oh, I see

Contact the ad experts at Gorilla Nation and ATS Our executive staff is composed of advertising industry veterans who can devise an aggressive online media strategy, with the aid of our exclusive rep firm, Gorilla Nation, to fit within the scope of any online advertising budget.

Click here to contact our ad experts

Damn you Gorilla Nation. Those damn dirty apes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm boycotting any ads on this site.

I guess, really, I won't be doing anything different.

But still, the members here deserve better.

After all we provide the content, for free none the less.
edit on 13-8-2011 by IndieA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
we actually have a thread for this issue.
It's an ad "hit list".
I'm going to close this.
but you can cut n paste your text, and place it here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join