It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Candidate Mitt, Corporations aren't people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Mitt Romney says Corporations are people.

Mitt, just for you, the difference between corporations and people.

1. A corporation is made up of people. A person is not made up of people, unless you are talking about Multiple Personality Disorder. But, then, that leads right back to corporations.
2. A corporation cannot get sickness or disease. A person can. For example, a person may become schizophrenic, and be like many corporations. But, the corporation wouldn't be considered "sick".
3. A corporation cannot vote. A person can vote. The corporation must buy the vote. The person must pay for that same vote.
4. A person can be found guilty of tyranny and hung. The corporation can be found guilty of tyranny and hang the person.
5. A person may be self-centered, self-gratifying, and otherwise care nothing about anyone but his/herself and that is considered a fault. A corporation MUST be all of those things (in most cases), and that is considered profit motive.
6. If a person receives welfare, it is called...welfare. If a corporation receives welfare, it is called Quantitative Easing, Bailouts, Investments, Defense spending, Prisons for profit, and foreign aid just to name a few.

Mitt Romney speaks FOR corporations AGAINST people, because he is a CORPORATE POLITICIAN. As such, he has to have a disdain for PEOPLE.
It is really that simple.

edit on 8/12/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Removed profanity from title.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I guess you're not a human, because you're made of cells and stuff. Oh, and those are made of atoms. And those, of quarks. Oh jeez, nothing exists I'm afraid.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Legally, corporations are... that was actually the reason they were created, to be an entity and to cover the ass of the guy who owns it.

sorry buddy.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
they consider the people corporations..
the goverment is a fiction and can only interact with another fiction,
your name in all caps = fiction and considerd corporation..
look up your strawman

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I could not agree more.
Just the idea of personifying these monsters makes me want to commit a vast array of atrocities.

All against corporatists.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by EmVeeFF
reply to post by SirClem

Legally, corporations are... that was actually the reason they were created, to be an entity and to cover the ass of the guy who owns it.

sorry buddy.

Corporations didn't always have human identity. They were given that so they could legally buy politicians out in the open instead of behind closed doors like in the old days.
edit on 12-8-2011 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Close, the Legal term is person.

person n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the rights and obligations of a person. Counties and cities can be treated as a person in the same manner as a corporation. However, corporations, counties and cities cannot have the emotions of humans such as malice, and therefore are not liable for punitive damages unless there is a statute authorizing the award of punitive damages.

Legal Dictionary

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I never open political threads but this one caught my eye because of the title. When did the memo o out that says we can curse in our titles? I must have missed it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelwpayton
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Close, the Legal term is person.

person n. 1) a human being. 2) a corporation treated as having the rights and obligations of a person. Counties and cities can be treated as a person in the same manner as a corporation. However, corporations, counties and cities cannot have the emotions of humans such as malice, and therefore are not liable for punitive damages unless there is a statute authorizing the award of punitive damages.

Legal Dictionary

lol pwnt.

seconded

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey JerkemSirClem, this has already been discussed thoroughly.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But you probably thought your own witty post merited it's own thread.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
Hey JerkemSirClem, this has already been discussed thoroughly.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
But you probably thought your own witty post merited it's own thread.

Perhaps it does. If the older or other threads are no longer stimulating, then I'll participate in this one.
Now, regarding Mitt being OK with corporations, AND, giving them voting rights, then he's wrong. He would then become like any other politician that needs to be voted out of office permanently.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
You can't blame Mitt for sticking up for corporations. He's a politician and that's who they serve.

A politicians job these days is to trick the people into thinking it's in their best interest to support corporations.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
You can't blame Mitt for sticking up for corporations. He's a politician and that's who they serve.

A politicians job these days is to trick the people into thinking it's in their best interest to support corporations.

Would NuclearPolly like another cracker?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SirClem

Romney wasn't exactly wrong.

By law corporations are treated as individuals. What was infuriating was not the fact that he said corporations are people, because by law they are treated as such, what was infuriating is the fact that he acted like it was okay to treat them as people.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Actually one of the reasons they are treated as persons is to protect the individual board members from prosecution for the actions of the corporation as a whole.

Not to say it is a good thing but its debatable.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EmVeeFF

Did you say that legally corporations are people?
I think that is what Mitt probably meant..."legally"...

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
mitt is actually correct but his phrasing is wrong.

Persons are corporations, that is a PERSON is a corporation. A PERSON in the legal definition is a business. Therefore, corporations are just like PERSONS, not people, but PERSONS. Get it right mitt, Corporations are just like Persons.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobaganoosh

If you give a corporation "human" characteristics, they are pretty shallow humans. Greedy humans. Bought and sold humans.
Not really human at all.
Let's call them like we see them. Don't get angry, get even. It is a lot more fun.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AMANNAMEDQUEST

What has been discussed thoroughly?
Hey, I pay the price for whatever I bring here. Trust me.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Was wondering how long it would take for this vid to pop up....seen it yesterday.

This is going to kill his campaign. We'll see this vid clip played over and over again if he wins the republican nomination.

Add that to Romneycare, his religion (which shouldn't matter but will), and his outsourcing of jobs...

He's toast.

Goodbye Romney!

Hello crazy ass Perry!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join