It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

liverpool warning

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was in Nottingham city centre earlier this evening, and there were tons of rozzers about.

I think it's just a precaution in most cities because it's a Friday night, and with the rioting and looting of the last few days still fresh in everyone's mind.

It doesn't take too much of a stretch to imagine groups of people, after downing a few pints, thinking, in their drunken state, that it would be ''hilarious'' to do a bit of small scale vandalism/looting. A group of people vandalising and looting may well embolden others - who are pissed out of their brains - to follow suit, and before you know it, you may have some large scale vandalism, looting and civil disorder going on in a city centre.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Rumor is more riots tonight.

So if this is true the why don't some of you people out there that are all about freedom and going down with the NWO go and try to turn these guys in the right direction.

If anyone truly has some cahones in the UK, join these mobs and suggest they go to government buildings to take down the real culprits.

If you don't want another repeat of events, you are going to have to start taking charge, because leaderless anarchy is going to do nowhere. Take a stand and make the right choice. If you get beat up who gives a crap, at least you can say you tried.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by JSWintersong

You may not agree with this particular petition but it's still an example of people power.

Have you ever considered that some people are just lazy b*sterds, who don't want to work and when the opportunity comes up to steal something they have it?

Another apologist theme on the news today has been that some of the rioters were attacking businesses that wouldn't hire them?!!

No sh*t!!! I wouldn't hire them. They go out and burn buildings and howl at the moon. Jobs are in short supply and in high demand, that is a fact. Therefore it's competitive.

If these guys had been out burning down the financial insitutions in London, and government buildings, maybe they would have had some popular support. There are plenty of targets to choose from in London.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I saw a police woman in Evesham last night ......

...... I guess her presence prevented the mass riots

Not sure why idiots are trying to spread disinfo about more looting breaking out, cos it won't happen.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Not sure why idiots are trying to spread disinfo about more looting breaking out, cos it won't happen.

It's unlikely to happen now things have calmed down somewhat, but there is a higher possibility of civil disorder in city centres tonight than there normally is on a Friday night, hence why the police are out in force again.

I think that most rumour-mongers are misinterpreting high numbers of police as a reactive response, rather than a proactive one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join