It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

liverpool warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Theres a mass presence of police in the marion square anyway be carful dont get the trains!!!!!!!
edit on 12-8-2011 by Prince1of2gold because: (no reason given)

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Oct 3 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not the only place, there is a large amount of police in a town near me (outside nottingham) and I mean a very large amount :O

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David291

should be a exiciting night/ best keep safe mate. marion square is locked off compltly

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by David291
Not the only place, there is a large amount of police in a town near me (outside nottingham) and I mean a very large amount :O

I think that's, for the time being, ordinary procedure.

It's a deterrent for those potential trouble makers, one which is finally starting to work it would seem. Thankfully that is.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I genuinely hope Dave Cameron keeps appearing on TV trying to assure us these aren't riots but a small minority who are just causing trouble...gives me a laugh at his sincere belief we are all nieve idiots who will disbelieve our eyes and swallow anything he has to say...is he stoned?

Does this man seriously have any idea of whats going on or is it jet lag from his rushed holiday?

The powers that be are greedy, self indulgent, power hungry people - so far removed from real life they might as well be asleep or in an alternate reality.

The average guy pays his bills, keeps his car on the road for work and scrimps and scrapes what he can to just survive while the likes of MP's, corporate (daddy gave it to me up your own a**) bankers worry about what £800 suit to put on or eating one meal in a restaurant that would be a average UK families weekly budget in one hit...

You wonder why people are pi**ed?

The cutbacks and penalisation of the disabled by the Gov is shoulder to shoulder with Nazi Germany making people embarrassed and sub-human...how dare they?

The new Wembley stadium is costing £827 million pounds alone and we send aid overseas despite our own citizens starving and being homeless???? Am I missing something???

To quote:

Lawmakers are set to debate in September whether people convicted over the riots should lose their welfare payments, under a new system in which online petitions attracting more than 100,000 signatures are automatically reviewed by a parliamentary committee.

The petition on the rioters reads: “No taxpayer should have to contribute to those who have destroyed property, stolen from their community and shown a disregard for the country that provides for them.”

Source: www.khaleejtimes.com...

Does that include immigrants???

We need a revolution - not a baby riot or two...

J S Wintersong

Source:www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2006/oct/15/football.wembleystadium

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Id say its time for you brits to take your cities and neighborhoods back. We have been watching the chaos from the states here and i can see riots here during the 2012 elections. Sttand your ground and defend yourselves against the scum.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Victor03

That's exactly what people have been doing for the past few days here. Gathering in large groups defending their own property from potential rioters and trouble makers.

A few nights ago some idiot drove into one of these crowds unfortunately killing 3 of them: Birmingham riots: 3 men killed in hit-and-run attack 'protecting their community from looters'

Ordinary people are fighting back against those idiots, rest assured about that. The riots also seem to have massively died down as of late as well - I guess the ordinary people are winning.

edit on 12-8-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thank you Victor03 my cousin across the pond,

It will get worse as people start waking up to the fact common man is being sha*ted.

Great to hear we have your support!

Take care,

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Rising Against,

what do you mean:

'Ordinary people are fighting back against those idiots, rest assured about that. The riots also seem to have died down as of late as well - I guess the ordinary people are winning'...

So this statement means either:

A: Anyone rioting does not have legitimate reasons to???

B. Anyone who has a grievance is not an 'ordinary' person?

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JSWintersong

what do you mean:

'Ordinary people are fighting back against those idiots, rest assured about that. The riots also seem to have died down as of late as well - I guess the ordinary people are winning'...

I mean..

The vast majority of those rioting are nothing but idiots. Yes, I said Idiots. And those who actually care about there own communities are the ones protecting it, not smashing it up - those protecting are also the ones winning here as the riots have massively calmed down, probably due to most of those involved being charged and publicly named and shamed, and rightly so. Either that or they finally got bored.

People can try to complicate this situation if they want, and they have tried, but there's no need really, It's actually pretty simple..

And for all those who think this is a revolution or a movement, you're sadly mistaken. This is mindless thuggery at best and I'm glad the police have finally managed to put a stop to it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Agree Rising Against,

By your post it seems that you condem fighting against a government which screws us left, right and centre.

Only a lap dog and 'idiot, yes I said idiot' would support the government.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

By your post it seems that you condem fighting against a government which screws us left, right and centre.

Actually, nothing could be further from the truth. I even supported the students during the protests over tuition fee's, those who refused to mindlessly riot that is.

Also, unfortunately, none of these riots we've seen as of late in the UK have, in anyway, been protests against the government or any regime. Those rioting were doing so in order to break into property and loot, we all know this.

Only a lap dog and 'idiot, yes I said idiot' would support the government.

Without a government the world would be a much darker place, something many simply refuse to admit. But hey, the truth hurts.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see an absolute ton of changes with-in our government, but we have to make do with what we have as without it, the world would not be a nice place sadly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
And your solution is?

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Solution to what exactly?

Not sure why you think I'll have any solutions to any problems you may have in the first place really (and if anyone should be providing solutions it should be the one complaining about, and hating on the government - you.)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
You know what I will walk away from this thread I think as that’s what a mature person would do. Hating on the government?...your either upper class or blind.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Hating on the government?...your either upper class or blind.

Well you did say this about our PM at one point: "I genuinely hope Dave Cameron keeps appearing on TV trying to assure us these aren't riots but a small minority who are just causing trouble...gives me a laugh at his sincere belief we are all nieve idiots who will disbelieve our eyes and swallow anything he has to say...is he stoned? " *

You also said this: "The cutbacks and penalisation of the disabled by the Gov is shoulder to shoulder with Nazi Germany making people embarrassed and sub-human...how dare they?"

And this in one of your last posts: "Only a lap dog and 'idiot, yes I said idiot' would support the government. " *

So you also think those who support the government are idiots. Hm, interesting..

Anyway, yeah, I'm sure the real reason you're refusing to post again is because you're mature.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

There's no one solution. This attitude is part of the problem. A culture of instant gratification exists, which is applied to every facet of society including Governmental reform.

For me one good thing which came from this week has been the e-petitions, which will now be discussed in parliament due to the overwhelming support for them. I think this is a fantastic example of peaceful people power.

I had no idea such a thing was possible, of course my cynical side believes the only reason it will be discussed is due to the fact that it may save the government a few pounds in the short term.

uk.ibtimes.com...

The e-petition website, launched on Aug. 4, has seen few e-petitions get close to the threshold 100,000 signatures to be considered for discussion in Parliament.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think the riots must stop. But, the rioters did not come out of thin air. Politics played its part in the making of the Lost Generation. If nothing is done to change the causes for the riots, they will be back. Or worse. Making sure that people are robbed of welfare and punished hard might seem like a good preventive step. But, these are young people who has been left out of the prosperity the rest of society have. They do not accept the fact that they are the Lost Generation and that they will be hard to hire because they will lack both job-experience and the possibility to study. That leads us to the fix. Deal with the riots now. Make sure there is plenty of education to go around and programs that helps people getting a job. These programs requires funding, so don't use all the money on the police.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Go back to being the governments lap dog - I am disgusted by them.

That’s it.

J S Wintersong

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
One more thing...

The e-petition lists the Department of Work and Pension (DWP) as the ministerial department responsible for the demand.

Yeah just another way for the Elite to tighten the control over our Policed state.

J S Wintersong

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join