It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Debate Highlights. If The US doesn't want him...I'm sure Canada will trade Harper for Ron

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"If you want to cut, you have to put the Military on the table as well"

"Why do we pay more attention to overseas borders than our own borders?"

"I'm separated from the other candidates because of my strong beliefs in Liberty and Limited Government, Foreign Policy and wanting to deal with the Fed."

"Sanctions are NOT Diplomacy. They are a precursor to war and an embarrassment to a Country that pays lip service to Free Trade."

Very well said Ron. How can Americans not see this man as the only logical choice to bring back America?

Remember...If you don't want Ron, I'm sure Canada will welcome him. We'll even give you Harper in trade.

So don't waste your next vote.

edit on 12-8-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
RON!!!!! you are the mother truckin man!!!
God bless America and God bless the citizens that help get this man into the White house.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
You can have him! Say goodbye to inexpensive healthcare, minimum wages, and workplace rights.
But you'll have unfettered access to machine guns and DRUGS!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

#1 We do want him, which is quite obvious since we have been voting him in to office for the last 35 years. RP isn't some flavor of the month. He has been around for a long time.

#2 Since the PM of Canada serves by the appointment of, and on the behalf of the queen, I doubt a constitutionalist/libertarian like RP would be interested.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You can have him! Say goodbye to inexpensive healthcare, minimum wages, and workplace rights.

Not fair, owlbear

First off, you but have to remember what direct authority and ability to induce change a president has - at least one who recognizes his boundaries...

And, Ron has worked in the healthcare industry for a long time, and saw it get worse as the government and insurance companies/HMOs got involved and instituted so much red tape, regulation, and other interference to drive up costs and impede quality at the same time - once you clear that all out of the way and get back to simple doctor/patient relationships, you'll see costs drop as doctors compete for business and try to improve service by focusing directly on necessity.

As far minimum wage and workplace rights - again, anything Paul would work toward here would be tempered by the Congress, etc., as well - but Paul has no issues with the *states* handling these issues themselves, even if he has contrary opinions on the topics themselves. I know the FedGov is usually so much better at taking care of everything than the states and people are
...and neither are my area of expertise, so I'll stop there.

I DO have a hard time seeing all the states handing out free assualt weapons and drugs (in essence), though. I think you'll see, as normal, some states that actually impose stricter regulations on some things than the feds did, and other states that are more relaxed and still manage to do just fine. By the way, you might want to check out the actual numbers based on what happened when Portugal decriminalized some years back, as well as annual statistics comparing our numbers to those in the Netherlands. Our policy on drugs simply isn't working to anyone's benefit.

Take care.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
If Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, I worry for America and the rest of the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

How so?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Unfettered guns and drugs? You sound like it's not already that way.

I could cross the border, pick up anything I want for recreational use and then walk down the street and get a gun.

There are places like that in Canada as well but to say that Ron would be the cause for an increase in guns and drugs is a little ridiculous at this point.

IMO of course.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This made me laugh. It also makes me sad because its true.

You did forget the part about the economy collapsing and he country falling apart.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Please can they clone him and send one to us as well. We want Ron Paul.!!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

I think the World could use a few Ron Paul clones in strategic areas.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by wcitizen

I think the World could use a few Ron Paul clones in strategic areas.

Indeed.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Not fair, owlbear

First off, you but have to remember what direct authority and ability to induce change a president has - at least one who recognizes his boundaries...

And, Ron has worked in the healthcare industry for a long time, and saw it get worse as the government and insurance companies/HMOs got involved and instituted so much red tape, regulation, and other interference to drive up costs and impede quality at the same time - once you clear that all out of the way and get back to simple doctor/patient relationships, you'll see costs drop as doctors compete for business and try to improve service by focusing directly on necessity.

As far minimum wage and workplace rights - again, anything Paul would work toward here would be tempered by the Congress, etc., as well - but Paul has no issues with the *states* handling these issues themselves, even if he has contrary opinions on the topics themselves. I know the FedGov is usually so much better at taking care of everything than the states and people are
...and neither are my area of expertise, so I'll stop there.

I DO have a hard time seeing all the states handing out free assualt weapons and drugs (in essence), though. I think you'll see, as normal, some states that actually impose stricter regulations on some things than the feds did, and other states that are more relaxed and still manage to do just fine. By the way, you might want to check out the actual numbers based on what happened when Portugal decriminalized some years back, as well as annual statistics comparing our numbers to those in the Netherlands. Our policy on drugs simply isn't working to anyone's benefit.

Take care.

Hey Prae!
I was being facetious, well, sort of. I know that one man alone cannot do all the things that Paul wishes done when dealing with the economy or health care. That is why I'm not afraid of him ever winning the presidency. It simply will not happen. I just bring these things up for some of the cheerleaders that may not know his stances on all the issues. If he ran on his foreign policy and decrease in military spending alone, he'd have my support, but there are issues too close to home where he isn't in the ballpark, or even using the same ball than what I would support.
Cheers!

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

This made me laugh. It also makes me sad because its true.

Just ignorant, unless you think all the states and the people themselves will let everyone go wild and that only the wizards in Washington know how to properly rule over 300+ million people.

You did forget the part about the economy collapsing and he country falling apart.

That's been in the works now for the last few years, and has been building up to it for decades. If we'd have followed ideas similar to those of Paul's, we might not be in this situation - although I know you have access to some mystical interpretation of the numbers being released and the words of Obama, Geithner, and Bernanke themselves (among many others) who state that things are by no means rosy and we are still VERY deep in the woods.

The constant warnings they spount on occassion of this or that end of the world if someone doesn't do something also SEEMS to imply that the trend is NOT toward everything getting better, unless some policies change significantly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshepherd92
If Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination, I worry for America and the rest of the world.

He wont.... No one in government seems to even know the people exist anymore....Either that or they don't care. They do what THEY want and what is best for their own special interests.....

The government, even though it is supposed to, never seems to do what the people want.....

I wonder what Ron would think about term limits for EVERY political seat... Keep the young and fresh ideas coming... Get rid of the old white, stuffy and broken ways of the past.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thank you so much for that clip! Exactly what I have been trying to find.

To those making derogatory comments...you are a scary example of what exactly is wrong in this society of America right now. You are all brainwashed into believing that without big brother standing over us, telling us exactly when, what where and how to do something we will all go to hell.

We have been tethered to the teet of Washington and it is about time to get weened.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Hey Prae!
I was being facetious, well, sort of. I know that one man alone cannot do all the things that Paul wishes done when dealing with the economy or health care. That is why I'm not afraid of him ever winning the presidency. It simply will not happen. I just bring these things up for some of the cheerleaders that may not know his stances on all the issues. If he ran on his foreign policy and decrease in military spending alone, he'd have my support, but there are issues too close to home where he isn't in the ballpark, or even using the same ball than what I would support.
Cheers!

Well met, and thanks.

Understood, I'm afraid you're right about some of that, but I'm cautiously optimistic, as the situation we're in continues to change and issues come more to light - so far the numbers actually aren't looking half bad...

Paul himself has admitted that he wouldn't be able to do all this by himself and would have to work with the people and congress, but there is a lot of good he CAN do directly that's related to the big concerns you mention on foreign policy & militarism.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the other issues you're concerned about and don't see alignment with Paul on? I won't try to debate you on them, but am just curious if I might be able to spot any common ground or workarounds.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Yeah and if he gets elected your babies will be tortured, and your wives raped, and he will bring on the Apocalypse...

On topic he is the only guy in the race who addresses the actual problems does not blow smoke up your ass and has solutions and will actually do what he says. That is why he scares the hell out of the establishment! To bad to many Americans are brain dead
edit on 12-8-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

join