It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Positive side Of the Muslim World.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I just watched this video and thought that it was quite interesting, especially in the light of the rioting in the UK earlier this week......

www.boreme.com...

It involves a shop keeper who was confronted and threatened by a mugger in his store demanding cash..... the Shop keeper, Mohammed Suhail pulled a rifle on the mugger who then pleaded for his life, expecting to be shot...........what happened next was very interesting and a testament to the human condition of Compassion........

I think that sometimes we might get pushed into things for the wrong reasons BUT I wonder how many of the little Vermin in the riots this week were as DESPARATE as the mugger in this video....not many i think

Regards

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
I just watched this video...

Ok, I just watched this video too, and I missed the bit where it had to do with "the muslim world".
Could you point it out to me please?

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Ok, I just watched this video too, and I missed the bit where it had to do with "the muslim world".

I guess I was using the term 'muslim world' in the sense that the shopkeeper (a muslim) is part of the same religion which many people fear, YET he had the compassion to help and NOT attack the mugger (whom he did not know or realise was not part of his faith)...

What I am trying to say is that this is a good example of how we should ALL act............. and when some oare in need then it is our duty, as a functioning society to help them and not just Hoard our stashes of cash.....

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Thoroughly heart-warming story and a lesson in there for us all.

Thank you for sharing PDUK.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

I guess I was using the term 'muslim world' in the sense that the shopkeeper (a muslim) is part of the same religion which many people fear, YET he had the compassion to help and NOT attack the mugger (whom he did not know or realise was not part of his faith)...

What I am trying to say is that this is a good example of how we should ALL act............. and when some oare in need then it is our duty, as a functioning society to help them and not just Hoard our stashes of cash.....

PDUK

I thought he was a top guy too. I wouldn't of had as much restraint or calm in his shoes.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Prepare yourself for a royal grilling and an endless stream of attacks against said religion.

Made a thread regarding Islam recently and you should have seen some of the responses.

Good luck !

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide

Prepare yourself for a royal grilling and an endless stream of attacks against said religion.

Made a thread regarding Islam recently and you should have seen some of the responses.

Good luck !

Sir Slide

I did as well a year ago about how bad Islam was and it caused a real stink the other way........... The point here is that Religion actually can be a 'glue' to hold soceity together.....whichever religion it is BUT human nature to look for ways in which to be deviscive.............

With ref to the recent UK riots, I am sure that if the shopkeeper had been confronted with 20 - 30 rampaging and destroying his store then he would have shot one or two BUT this was in the USA and not the UK..........in the UK the shopkeeper with a gun would have been in the wrong and not the blopdy looters ??!!!

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

ThePP

The interesting thing here is that the Mugger in the USA was desparate and luckily for him met a compassionate human being whose faith mean't more than just fighting.......

How many of those in the UK riots actually were that Desparate ???? or was it just mindless violence.............

This thread is no more than just an illustration of the good in us all regardless of colour, creed, wealth, intelligence etc etc

PDUK

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Great thread, very moving! Thank you for posting this. It's sadly all too easy to forget that behind all the religious, ethnic and other labels we employ, there are really just individuals, some of whom are the worst and some of whom are the very best people.

I too doubt very much if these looters over here are very impoverished, except in terms of a sense personal responsibility and common decency.
edit on 12/8/11 by NocturnalPhantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Religion can indeed be a glue to hold a society together, but I don't think people should take it literally. In terms of lifestyle, core values and cultural identity you can call me a Christian if you like, but in religious belief terms I am agnostic atheist and I believe the scientific consensus should always take precedence over outdated notions about the true nature of the world and our place within it.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Be careful of what you promote:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I have looked at the Muslim religion with a scholarly view, I am sorry to report the foundation of its leader is one the worst example of humanity. He was a slave trader and a warrior. (also he married very young girls) The examples they use is showing how he has Mercy on prisoners (then later killed hundreds) or the time he freed his slaves. the Koran is full of examples of how to split up war loot or how to treat their slaves or prisoners. (yes the old testment and the new both have a couple passages on the treatment of slaves). Now does that mean the Muslim have a more spiritual side-- it does. The Sufi movement is amazing spritiual movement within the Muslim tradition. It prayers and wisdom are deep in the worship of god.
But personally I think Muslim religion is not healthy for this world. (personally I like buddhism and the Early christains the Essenes)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Good news story but I'm afraid it's rare indeed! In most senario's, there's never a happy ending either for the shop keeper or the thief.

new topics

top topics

join