It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using HIV to cure cancer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Using HIV to cure cancer?

www.midlandsconnect.com

According to Dr. June, the process includes drawing blood from the patient, and extracting the T-cells, at which point a modified harmless version of HIV was added to the cells, and injected back into the patients in the study. Once back in the body, the modified cells act as “serial killers,” which attacked and destroyed at least 1,000 cancer cells in the 3 test cases.
A year after the study, 2 of the 3 are cancer free, and the third is showing improvements.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
There have been threads about this since 2005, when it was first discovered HIV could do something to cancer cells. Now they have finally cured cancer in 2 out of 3 people using this method. Apparently you are not left HIV positive, but you are left cancer free. I think it's a huge leap forward, but I'm sure this science is still in its infancy. Maybe one day when they genetically modify all humans before birth, we will be implanted with this science so we cannot develop cancerous tumors.

www.midlandsconnect.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
One disease to heal another ? Okay, and we're the crazy ones...........

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

It is just hurrying nature along. The body has its natural safe guards it will try and put in place to prevent disease.
The Sickle cell trait, or sickle cell anemia...was common in areas of Africa where malaria outbreaks occurred, As it turns out have the sickle hemoglobin provided protection from the malaria parasite.
Our bodies have many genes that fight cancer development and destroy abnormal tumor growths...perhaps the chemicals we are bombarded with or the crap processed foods play a part in disabling these genes and natural protections nature put in place.
Studies of ancient civilization shows that cancer was a rare cause of death and now it common after heart disease. Cancer is a modern disease and our bodies can't get a fast enough evolutionary grip on the crap we throw at and into them!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
However I am not suggesting it is a good idea to hurry nature along.
I was thrilled with this story and even posted a thread here about it...the only lingering concern I have had is the use of HIV. Viruses mutate so readily, it could become dangerous...unexpectedly.
The movie I am Legend comes to mind....chills!
Not to say people given this treatment would become contagious flesh eating zombies...just a thought tho!
edit on 11-8-2011 by Htrowklis82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The mutated HIV vs. AIDS could work like Cow Pox did against Smallpox. Let's wait and see before we come to a conclusion.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by againuntodust

I saw that on the News. That is the most confusing thing I ever saw. If you don't have a cure for something , why are you using it to cure something else ?

Unless.....

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

why can't people use Natural cures like cannabis? yes cannabis has anti tumorous components. But wait...its illegal because of greed. Ok, yah the idea of getting injected by anything the gov has to offer brings chills to my back.

I am honestly tired of scientists trying to play God with nature. This is what is wrong with the world.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

I saw that on the News. That is the most confusing thing I ever saw. If you don't have a cure for something , why are you using it to cure something else ?

Unless.....

Unless they created HIV in a lab anyway, and are very familiar with how to activate or deactivate it?

top topics

join