It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electronic Patch Takes Pulse, Promises New Human-Machine Integration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Electronic Patch Takes Pulse, Promises New Human-Machine Integration

www.scientificamerican.com

A web of miniscule wires woven into an adhesiveless silicon patch could provide a future where heart monitors are nearly invisible, prosthetics can feel pressure and video games can take verbal commandsou might think that temporary tattoos look cool, but what if they could also collect and transmit information about your heart rate, temperature, muscle contractions or brain waves?

A new flexible electronic circuit promises to do just that, by moving with the skin and staying in place without any adhesive. The research used existing semiconductor technology to imprint integrated circuits ont
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well looks like we are preparing to "brand" the population like cattle.Look like in the near future your boss the government etc. will be able to know your well being at the touch of a button.If these devices can transmit your biometric information you know it will also act like a gps cell phone ect. So imagine you call off work to go party and your "boss" calls to ask why you didn't come to work and you say well i called in sick. So your boss laughs and says well looks like to me your at the bar and your drunk to me.The ability to attach monitoring devices like "band-aids" sounds very much like "big brother" is going to turn 99 % of the populace into monitored slave workers.

www.scientificamerican.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by buddybaney

which leaves feld open for people like me that will figure out how to jam that signal. an added layer on top of their patch could do just that if you know what you are doing

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Will they be open sourced?

new topics

top topics

join