It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish Fast Food Restaurant Giving Out Swastika Tattoos With Kids Meals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Is the rise of the Fourth Reich going to start in Sweden with the "accidental" initiation of children through fast food restaurants? Or are the Chinese behind this? Could you imagine the uproar if this had been McD's?

Swedish Child Gets Swastika Tattoo with Fast Food Kids Meal

(NewsCore) - A Swedish family described their shock Thursday after their eight-year-old son was given a swastika tattoo as a free gift with a fast food meal.

Eddie Hagglund was pleased when he found his kids meal from Swedish fast food chain Frasses in Umea, northeast Sweden, contained a sheet of temporary tattoos, local paper Vasterbottens-Kuriren reported.

But his parents were shocked when they found that there was a swastika among the tattoos.

"We could not believe our eyes. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," the child's mother Malin Hagglund told the newspaper.

She added, "Eddie is a huge fan of tattoos, but we thought this was a very strange tattoo for a child and that it was a little wrong of the shop to include it."

The owners of Frasses said they regretted the incident. They believe the tattoos were imported from China and the inclusion of the swastika was a mistake.

Mistake? Where were they supposed to be given out at?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I wanna see a picture before I comment. If it's a slanted black cross in a white circle surrounded by red then I'd say they probably shouldn't hand those out. If it's just a swastika then these parents need a lesson in history.

[Edit to add] The original swedish article has a picture. That is not a nazi emblem. Not even close
edit on 11/8/2011 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Link to picture?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I realy had to search hard to find the swastika ... what a silly news.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

The swastika was an Indian religious (Hindu i think) symbol long before it was hi-jacked

by Hitler

cj6

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
That is hilarious!
still pretty racist though lol

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The Hopi indians used a swastica like to symbolise the four sacred winds. Once upon a time it was a common indian blanket pattern but after WWII everyone stopped using it.

edit on 11-8-2011 by VforVendettea because: Keyboard

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnnoyingOrangeX

I realy had to search hard to find the swastika ... what a silly news.

I don't really see a swastika anywhere in that image.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Another non-story. The family just wanted there 15 minutes of fame.

I'm surprised they haven't pointed out the obvious Nazi connection in the name of the fast food chain - Frasses - Fra SS es

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Originally posted by filosophia

I don't really see a swastika anywhere in that image.

Above the bottom scorpion - next to the kids face.

In purple and black

edit on 11-8-2011 by AnnoyingOrangeX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by torsion

Yeah but I'm starting to get pretty sick of this kind of non-issues. This family should be either flokked in public or forced to take a lecture on "Real history of swastika and how being PC makes you stupid". At least the kid might grow up different then.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I am a tattoo artist, and that is a swastika, and if you got a tattoo of that, NO ONE except for the very odd person would think of it other than a racist symbol. Swastika = Racism in the tattoo world, period. You can cry fowl all you want but that is the reality. It doesn't matter that the ancients had this symbol before the Nazis did, now it is a Nazi symbol, just like a rainbow is a Gay Pride symbol, which I am sure that the bulk majority of people who think rainbows are beautifull are not homosexual, but if they get a tattoo of a rainbow then they are displaying gay pride.

top topics

join