posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 09:36 AM
A very simple way to explain how the debt ceiling being raised is very bad financially, and will eventually end in financial bankruptcy for America.
Sometimes the numbers are so huge, we need to see things on a smaller scale.
1. Take the actual numbers from our government's spending.
2. Remove the last 8 zero's and pretend the results are YOUR family budget.
• Total annual income: $21,700
• Amount of money spent: $38,200
• Amount of new debt added to the credit card: $16,500
• Outstanding balance on the credit card: $142,710
• Amount cut from the budget with recent "deal:" $385
Still heading toward bankruptcy & a global meltdown.
edit on 11-8-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)