It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ghost real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
With so many instances of sightings and experiences, how can you not believe? Can thousands of people be wrong/making things up/imagining things?

A lot of people hypothesise that DNA/energy imprints occur when the death triggers a highly emotional response, and that ghosts are merely a replay of those events, over and over.

Others claim that our soul is merely energy, and since energy does not die as such, we just go on - whether it be content and at peace, or reliving an emotionally-charged event....

I love the time theory, that maybe ghosts are not "ghosts" but actually a glimpse of different dimensions or parallel realities.... but what is proof really?

If one was to say that science is yet to prove any of this, then how would one explain the myriad of videos and photos that are circulating? (Aside from the hoaxes, of course, but how do you distinguish between real and hoax?)...

It's a fascinating question to ask of the ATS community but unless you've experienced it yourself (and can 100% discount over-active imaginations and dreams) can it ever be proven?

Sorry, I probably haven't given you any answers, but there is so much we don't know about the mind and soul and the supernatural, I don't think there is any answer.

Bugger

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sign00
I personally have a friend who sees ghosts on a regular basis and talks about them very matter-of-factly. My friend is extremely trustworthy and has no reason to lie.

You desperately need that kind of friend, how come you never learned a damn thing from him?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think that time exists, but is somewhat stationary. Time doesn't move forward, but we move through time. Kind of like how humanity once believed the sun revolved around us, but is was the opposite.

That Wormhole show is interesting. If time truly doesn't exist, it would be able to explain the existence of residual type hauntings. Like hearing gunshots and shouts in historical civil war battlefields, smelling familiar cigar smoke in your grandpa's house, party sounds in an old western type saloon, etc. Since the past and present are merged into one. :O

<< 1   >>

join