It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths history, present & future!?! What's up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just want an idea of what my fellow humans think. Did some miracle big bang explosion happen somewhere in the middle of nowhere and BOOM...we were here...only to exist in this pathetic life with stress and questions of existence? Or, did whoever, have their fingerprints in the paint so to speak, as Rembrandt did, to make a beautiful piece of art out of turmoil?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoAlef2012

""history" was written by a creator.. IN REVERSE...... so as to say ""yes"" YOU have FREE will.. but it has already been accounted for...

he knew our choices as he wrote our time.. like winding up a rubber-band airplane..

history was written backwards from the ""GOAL" --ultimate-- to our future--- to our present-- to our past...

to our "beginnings"

what a strange way to live life.... knowing all MY acts were counted-on,, planed and arranged..

yes i say i can choose to go right.. and i do.. but it was Written-out for --all of us.. from our end -- to our start

where ARE we going?????

EXACTLY where we're supposed to go..

all the creator had to do was,, WIND IT UP-- and LET IT GO..

IMHO
edit on 8/11/11 by darrman because: spellenglish

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

To deny the infinite chrono-spacial nature of the universe is to deny the very concept of the universe.

True contentment is a state of mind, not a state of being.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
(LOL...I love this site) So , I created myself?!?

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Honestly, keep the Facebookers on Facebook. I am blown away....WTF?.....We are definately doomed!
edit on 11-8-2011 by NeoAlef2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The question seemed murky to begin with... I do see that you wish peoples own opinion, as to which question however I am a little confused.. Are you referring to the history that we currently look at, as to what our current future may hold? Or as I believe the multiple histories our planet has witnessed, as we gain knowledge and technology enough to destroy ourselves over and over only to rebuild it all again in another 10,000yrs? Or, perhaps is it the philosophical question you present in what was the beginning? Chaos from Order, or Order from chaos?? Meaning the "Big bang" that a single perfect ball of energy popped to expand into disorder, thus creating life, or an Ordered "intelligence" reached in to a chaos of black and created all of this by machinations we can only guess at?

As for the thread title question I already partially answered it, so I shall expand, only a little, There are several thread on ATS dealing with the hints and clues that we have been on this planet a lot longer than any of the so called "oldest" religions will admit too, I cannot call the following of the Annunaki a religion, yet the people that study this still, forgive the pun, alien, subject seem to proliferate the claim of they are the oldest, and the rumors of gods belong to they alone. there are also "fringe" "scholars", George Tsukalos is one who supports that we have been to this level of technology again and again, for one reason or another we shoot ourselves in the foot and bam, back to 2000 humans and start over kids! With cherished few that understand advanced math and high geometry and architecture, able to create tools so specified we can only guess as to their use, Batteries included! ha! Eventually those people die off and we procreate to a point where those days of high technology that brought us to this low state ar so far away as to be called magic, by following generations, I'm in that camp!

As for the philosophical its simple, whatever happened chicken or egg, the fact is this we are here, we exist and should keep striving to emulate the better in the universe, for if we don't, it ultimately ends up we outrace our wisdom seeking to control our existence, thereby setting ourselves up for destruction, as compared to what we should be doing, which is seeking to exist and seek wisdom before we exert control. When we contemplate existence we tend to take in the whole picture, I believe in the better of people, so that means the whole picture includes everyone else, from others that we consider we gain wisdom, and through slow, plodding , contemplative wisdom with peers we can control our future with respect to one another.That is my own little view on both questions. thanks for asking!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
What? I suggest you to research history of the physical Earth. We have been through many changes in climate, geopgraphy, chemical composition of the atmosphere - for instance, a couple of billion years ago, the atmosphere was so dense that a mild breeze would've blown you down and knocked you flat!

The reason for our ellipsoid/spherical shape is due to the accretion of matter in relation to gravity.

During the age of the dinosaurs, there was no ice at all on the planet!

I could go on... but there have been so many changes over the millenia. Earth is a constantly evolving environment, almost like a living organism in itself. Things happened... but over the course of a very, very long time.

I am a geologist with a background in astrophysics, and I know a lot about the history of the earth and what's happening with it now. Ask me anything you want, please.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Good stuff, I'm not knocking you, but you excerted alot of energy knocking my question, more than answering the question. Peace to you tho!

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i think the universe has always been and always will be. everything in between happens because it can.

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Sorry? Perhaps there was a misunderstanding, one I would like to clear up...Did I knock you somehow? I only gave my personal opinions as I thought you where inviting, and asked questions as to which question you where after.... I really wasn't clear so I answered both

posted on Aug, 11 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

.... I know what I said probably got lost amongst the pages of utter ramblings on this site, but if you think about both of the things I said you'll realize they're both true.

You asked if anyone had their "fingers in the paint." I told you (indirectly) that if you believe in a universe that encompasses all time and space, you cannot believe it was created by anyone. Basically, in the conceptual capacity that the universe encompasses "everything," the universe encompasses God as well, provided he exists, so he could not have created the universe. To me, the universe is more than a black thing that we see when we look up at night-- it is an abstract concept that represents the bubble in which everything exists (hence the name uni - verse.)

You also effectively asked why humans suffer. Humans suffer because they believe they do. Humans are always physically capable of contentment. The only question is whether you're mentally capable of achieving contentment in the absence of external pressures. The mind is the barrier. We're filled with preconceptions from the time we're very young that dictate what is good and what is bad, what should make us happy and what should make us sad. Have you ever noticed the wealthy seem no happier than the poorest of the poor? Inner voids can't be filled by the external-- nor can inner contentment be shaken by it. Like I said-- true happiness is a state of mind, not a state of being.

new topics

top topics

join