It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions Arise Over Whether 'Flash Mob' Attacks in U.S. Cities Motivated by Race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Police departments in several cities around the country are investigating what appear to be incidents of "flash mob"-generated violence, in which packs of dozens or even hundreds of youths appear seemingly out of nowhere to commit assaults, robberies and other crimes against innocent bystanders.

Link

These flash mob attacks appear to be on the rise and the question on everyones mind is what is leading these attack. Some might even suggest that the NWO is pushing for a race war.
edit on 10-8-2011 by Ancient Champion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Whatever the reason, whites do seem to be the targets. Good reason to always carry.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

Yeah, it's really odd. Rumors are that they're being organized through social networking sites. The attacks have been almost exclusively against whites or people that appear to be white. I can understand if young people are unhappy with the direction our government is pushing the country and the fact that they can't find jobs, but randomly attacking innocent civilians doesn't sound like a protest so much as thuggery.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
its usually more lower income people, in that sense race doesn't need to be the deciding factor in this, if there is a mob of people and they do this, no matter where it is, race doesn't necessarily have to be a factor.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011
its usually more lower income people, in that sense race doesn't need to be the deciding factor in this, if there is a mob of people and they do this, no matter where it is, race doesn't necessarily have to be a factor.
Except that it has been in almost every single case. If this continues, I may just start carrying 2 guns. 1 for power, and one with a high capacity.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypr2011

I agree. I believe it is just groups of poor people who figure there is safety/anonymity in numbers. If a black man owned an apple store i somehow doubt they would refuse to steal his iPhones

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Like the cop in the link says, it is hard to prove.

How on earth do you prove what a "mob" thinks? Sure we can look at the dots and connect them but proving a hate crime or anything along those lines is difficult.

It seems like a bunch of young people, utilizing social networking, raising hell in large numbers so few if any get caught. The lure to join such stupidity is great.

...start dropping a few and that lure diminishes. Forget the cause.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm so sick of seeing those 3 letters: NWO. For me it ranks right up there with Nibiru, HAARP and Elenin. What you have here is the classic case of the haves and the have-nots. Groups of people who are, in their own minds, rising up against their oppressors, the white man. Plain and simple! No NWO involvement here. And it's only going to get worse as cuts to welfare, social security and other programs inevitably happen. And the handouts cease.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Pathetic little thugs like this would be so scared of having ACTUAL resistance you probably wouldn't even have to fire. Still, I've thought the same thing. I'm tempted to throw my AR in the back of my car every time I drive now.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
it seems to be a cheap easy way to manipulate masses
if youre a" gang" or" terrorist," secret police /cia /nwo,
or bored teenagers..even worse.
back to race..works every time..
election time coming up- flood the media rioting blacks
attacking, remake rise of the planet of the apes.
lets hear about all the vile things those high paid sports guys do.
drugs, guns, dogfighting.. flash their white blond wife on the screen alot..
its easy to ignite that angle. stay tuned.
cops afraid of getting laid off in england - if somebody creates some riots,
they'll hang on to those jobs .
want to declare martial law? people clamoring for it now.
theres lots of motivations and it will spread everywhere in a flash

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

every president since cia bush has addressed the new world order..
haarp is a well documented installation in alaska.
wake up mister

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
If they discover the form of putting these mobs together - through twitter maybe? They can then back trace to participants - and charge them - and it seems to be they are looking to use hate crime charges - which I think are federal? If they are using social network to organize - what makes this different from terrorism? I think this will only last until they use the tech to identify how they are organizing and start pulling the plug.

Still till that happens this is frightening and doesn't help whom ever is unlucky enough to become a victim.
It will never esculate so completely out of control that our country will be lost. I will not fear monger - we do have the cops, and the guard to handle this - and it wouldn't be pretty.
Lives unfortunately might be lost - but don't under estimate the tools we have for crowd and riot control.
The right EMP would make everyone in the vacinity sick - and we've other tools as well.

I choose not to live in an urban area. I live in a Castle Doctrine state and a mob wouldn't even make it down the road. Too many Bubbas are armed down here if you catch my drift. Not that I agree with Bubba all the time - but it wouldn't happen here.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The start of "flash mobs" is openly discussed on social sites, you do not have to be on their list, or friend on twitter or FB. All someone would have to do is look on any of those sites, and find a place that something not sinister is about to happen and take advantage.

This isn't about race, this is about crime, stupidity, and the availability of blending into a crowd. These types of "flash mobs" has been happening for a very long time, and was usually a way to distract many, and rob a few. This will continue to happen, as long as there are people out there that choose to do harm to others.

Blaming it on race, is not a way to stop it, but a way to again distract people for looking at the big picture, its like a "flash mob" on the brain.

Peace, NRE.

Here is an article that explains alot of whats going on, and that this has been happening for hundreds of years.

Pickpocketing is one of the oldest and most widespread crimes in the world. The appeal is its relative safety: A skilled pickpocket can make off with just as much money as an armed robber, without much danger of confrontation or risk of being identified in a line-up. By the time the victim realizes what's happened, the pickpocket is long gone. And since no weapons are involved, pickpockets who do get caught face minimal jail time.

www.howstuffworks.com...

Compassion and Distraction

In the pickpocketing world, distraction can get pretty elaborate. Two members of a team might stage a fight while the third member takes advantage of the inattentive crowd. Child pickpockets may try to show something to a mark, like a drawing or a toy, while other children sneak up from behind. Another common trick is to surreptitiously spray someone with bird droppings, or a convincing facsimile, and then offer to help clean it off.

money.howstuffworks.com...

Learning how to protect yourself, is the same way you learn and follow the rules of locking your front door, not leaving your purse in your car, and basically knowing how not to fall for these types of crimes.

edit on 10-8-2011 by NoRegretsEver because: to add

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
bumping some recent incidents in the last year. Things that don't get recognized...

second

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ancient Champion

These young behind kids where are the parents! It's killin me, you got kids having kids then the parents wants to complain that their kid is outta control. Wake up chief, that didn't happen over night.

Remember all that love and affection, nurturing, and lecturing your parents gave you? They didn't do it for nothing. Now those kids turn into douche's. Now, i can see it being done once for kicks.. maybe smashin people with water balloons.

Those kids need discipline and focus. Sports is great for that. Hell, if i had bread like Oprah, i'd try to open a MMA gym in damn near the major projects. And my teachers would come straight from Brazil on'em, so Mr. Miyagi will do the punkin instead of getting punked.

They are young, energized and worse off.. nothing to do. That needs to be focused. Not every kid is gonna sit on his booty and play games all day.

Society already sees these kids as pariahs, if you don't care about them what makes you think they care about you and that's the danger zone.

Good topic OP

edit on 24-3-2012 by cenpuppie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join