It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Bomb found near Berlusconi Villa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

The Italian police have defused a bomb near Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi's holiday villa after Tony Blair the UK Prime Minister had finished his holiday with his wife Cherie. Reports also say a second device was also was found in the Porto Rotundo area on the Sardinian coast.

BBC NEWS
But this bomb was said to have been left by an Italian anarchist organisation which the national Corriere della Sera newspaper says has carried out 20 attacks in the last four years, including small bombings of government party headquarters in Sardinia.

The paper said the caller gave details of where the first bomb was planted, but would not reveal the location of the other, saying: "We're not telling you, go and find it. It's for Berlusconi."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
Downing Street
Italian Government
Italy on alert as Blair flies in
Blair and Berlusconi's Iraq talks

To me this seems more of a statement of what we can do and how we can do it. Or its a group "The Abu-Hafs al-Masri Brigade" just seeking publicity who have alleged links with the al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden.

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-18-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:17 AM
link   
At last someone with a bit of sense!

That little Fascist should be .... er... got to be careful now.. otherwise i'm one of them!

Before you go blaming the Arabs for this, you must remember Italy is a VERY divided country.

After liberating the south in WW2 the allies arrived in the north to find out the communist partisans had done much of the work for them. COMMUNISTS!! So the next step was to make sure the Fascisti get back into power. See also Greece for this-post war turnaround!

Bottom line is it could just be a buch of Po'ed Italians, wich would be nice....

Man my spelling stinks!

[edit on 18/8/2004 by Corinthas]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
There has just been a report on the BBC lunchtime news with an Italian policeman saying they believed it to be '...an Italian matter'. A local group called something like 'The Proletarian Group For Communism' were quoted as being possible suspects, so it would appear that these devices were placed by some local 'terrorists'.
There was also an earlier interview with some political analyst who was saying that Berlusconi had possible links with the Cosa Nostra, so there are probably a few people in Italy who would like to see Signor B blown to kingdom come.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I just heard on the news that it was more aimed at Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi' but this is comes a fewdays after Tony Blair home was cased out by two people thought to have al-Qaeda links aswell good ob blair wasn't around at the time .

top topics

join