It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Notorious gangster Dominic Noonan caught on film during Manchester looting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I thought this was interesting enough to bring to ATS. Just inciting a riot? Or using his power to take full advantage of the riots?

One of Manchester's most notorious gangsters has been filmed talking to looters in Manchester. The last time Dominic Noonan was filmed it was as the subject of Donal McIntyre's 2007 documentary 'A Very British Gangster'. This time he is caught engaging looters in conversation in Manchester city centre yesterday. Noonan has more than 40 convictions for a wide range of offences including armed robbery, police assault, attacks on prison officers, deception, firearms, prison escape and fraud, and has spent 22 years in prison.

Video is at the link below. The video shows Dominic talking with looters, to me his presence is that of leadership.

In the footage it is unclear what role, if any, Mr Noonan is playing in the looting but the young men he approaches smile and appear at ease in his company.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

From Wikipedia

The Noonan family first rose to notoriety in the Manchester gang scene after the murder of "White Tony" Johnson,[7][8] the leader of the Cheetham Hill Gang, who was gunned down in 1991.[9]

Dominic Noonan became involved in the hijacking of armoured security vans in his early career, his arrest record includes charges of torture, kidnapping and drug possession. Although he presently runs a security company, authorities believe Noonan continues hijacking and armed robbery with members of the Noonan crime family.[10]

On 9 August 2011, during the 2011 England riots, Dominic Noonan was caught on film talking to looters in Manchester city centre.[11]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When looking around cautiously, don't forget to look up!

Wow this is very interesting, I wonder what his role is if any?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
According to reports, much of the looting in Manchester was done by adults, and the Greater Manchester Police say that many of the suspects are well-known to them.

Apparently, there was a large collective of burglars, shop-lifters, robbers etc. who all came together and organised the widespread looting.

Eyewitnesses reported people using walkie-talkies to pass on information within the group, and I'd imagine it was the ''Mr Bigs'' who were on one end of the radio while their minions and acolytes who getting their hands dirty at the other.

Still, it seems idiotic for someone as well-known to police as Noonan to be active at the scene ( if indeed he was actually involved ).

edit on 10-8-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is a video so you can see how he carries himself.
I guess he was the subject of a documentary in 2007.

top topics

join