It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The secret to everything is in motion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The sentence describes itself

Motion of the particles inside an atom is what gives off energy(light). Therefore light is created after motion does its part.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
energy and light is not the same thing
edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

What is energy?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
E = MC^2

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthCqer

The ability to do work.

What puts those particles in an atom to work?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

In physics, energy (Ancient Greek: ἐνέργεια energeia "activity, operation"[1]) is an indirectly observed quantity. It is often understood as the ability a physical system has to do work on other physical systems.[2][3] Since work is defined as a force acting through a distance (a length of space), energy is always equivalent to the ability to exert pulls or pushes against the basic forces of nature, along a path of a certain length.

-en.wikipedia.org...

motion is only one form of energy, as gfar as i understand it

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SlyingFaucers

that would be the million dollar question.. the energy of an object is identified through it's mass.. the hypothetical higgs bosun is one contender for the thing which gives objects mass..

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Before energy moved it had potential to do so.
Energy in motion is kinetic energy.

Energy is everything therefore everyting is substained by motion.

motion is the physical.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthCqer
reply to post by mzungu

Before energy moved it had potential to do so.
Energy in motion is kinetic energy.

Energy is everything therefore everyting is substained by motion.

motion is the physical.

substained? what does that mean?

are you saying that motion creates energy?

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Yes.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

i see.. you have it back to front.. energy creates motion.. by your rationale all energy is kinetic.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Substained meaning motion permits chemical interactions. By motion of forces pushing particles further away form their center of gravity which is strongly pulling on them. The more free of the gravitational pull of its nucleus a particle is the more possibilities to interact with other particles it has, because of the space in between.
edit on 10-8-2011 by TheTruthCqer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mzungu

Light is created by electrons jumping from higher to lower states of energy, it is like travelling down hill very fast leaving traces behind you.Thefore light is a representation of the speed of motion.

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

oh i see, you meant sustained.. substained is not a word..

there are two forms of energy, potential and kinetic. i can see the argument that until energy starts working it is not really energy, however this does not agree with physics..

energy is not created by motion, energy cannot be created or destroyed, only converted.. motion is created by the release of potential energy..

Potential energy exists when a force acts upon an object that tends to restore it to a lower energy configuration. This force is often called a restoring force. For example, when a spring is stretched to the left, it exerts a force to the right so as to return to its original, unstretched position. Similarly, when a mass is lifted up, the force of gravity will act so as to bring it back down. The action of stretching the spring or lifting the mass requires energy to perform. The energy that went into lifting up the mass is stored in its position in the gravitational field, while similarly, the energy it took to stretch the spring is stored in the metal. According to the law of conservation of energy, energy cannot be created or destroyed; hence this energy cannot disappear. Instead, it is stored as potential energy. If the spring is released or the mass is dropped, this stored energy will be converted into kinetic energy by the restoring force, which is elasticity in the case of the spring, and gravity in the case of the mass.
-en.wikipedia.org...

Light is created by electrons jumping from higher to lower states of energy, it is like travelling down hill very fast leaving traces behind you.Thefore light is a representation of the speed of motion.

very simplistic but i get your point, flawed as it is. by this rationale the faster something travels the more light it emits, this is not correct..
edit on 10/8/11 by mzungu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Close, but no cigar. What you are trying to identify imo is actually change (the guarantee of/capacity for), not motion. Motion is an expression of change. We live in a dynamic (vs. static) universe -- this defines our reality. Consider the alternative.
edit on 8/10/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

The sentence describes itself

Motion of the particles inside an atom is what gives off energy(light). Therefore light is created after motion does its part.

I see, its definitley clear now. The reason I'm yet to fully attain enlightenment is cos I spend to long slouching infront of the computer reading failblog. I gotta get up and move around more. I guess a quick trip to the fridge isn't quite gonna cut it eh.... So what do you suggest, a quick jog around the block or maybe the soft shoe shuffle?
edit on 10/8/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

long distance jog

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by mzungu

Indeed, every chemical reaction involves, at the most fundamental level an emission or absoption of a photon of light.

new topics

top topics

join