It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really crazy looking clouds tonight!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
After a quick storm rolled through this evening, I caught some cool pictures of some unique clouds as the sun was setting. Enjoy!

edit on 9-8-2011 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Those are called cumulonimbus mammatus clouds. And they are very ominous looking whenever you see them. They are also nicknamed "tornado clouds" as these clouds are sometimes seen around tornadoes.

More pictures of mammatus clouds.

edit on 9-8-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
They look like a type of Arcus Cloud.
Very cool, and very rare to see.

Arcus Cloud

The guy above me might be more correct ^^
but those are some great pics!

edit on 9-8-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

Yes I know what you mean. Today I was looking at the sky and there was a cloud looking exactly like a gun with smoke rising from the canon and a bullet projected from it. I cannot prove anything but I suspect our government is able to control the temperature. I do say also we are really close to a level 1 civilization.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Great picture of the clouds. Those look really cool. I know some Byrce members who would totally love that scene.

edit on 9-8-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The title of your thread reminded me of something I saw today when I logged into my email account.

This video below was taped by a cameraman in Canada which seems to show a "face in the clouds". I think it was last week, during a storm. Not sure the validity. But it's pretty cool looking.

Cameraman Denis Farmer caught the spooky film from his back yard in Grand Falls, New Brunswick as a storm brewed over the east Canadian town. The clouds seem to form a human profile before disappearing into the haze.

Face begins at 1:25
Link to Video

“It is just luck that causes clouds to look like recognisable shapes - and this is a particularly striking example of a cloud looking like a face," National Centre for Atmospheric Science spokeswoman Dr Perry told Yahoo! News. “This cloud is a cumulonimbus, a storm cloud…these clouds create intense up and down drafts; that is, up and down movements of the air within the cloud," she added.

Many people lately have been reporting some strange images in the clouds.
*Also, pretty cool pictures you posted!

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by harlot7

Ain't no such thing as luck I believe as I said earlier this was made somehow with a weather control device. There were too much details to have it just being hazard (hazar doesn't exist too) in my opinion.

Thruthseek3r

new topics

top topics

join