It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNA building blocks confirmed as E.T. origin

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Alien Life confirmed:its official

The components of DNA have now been confirmed to exist in extraterrestrial meteorites, researchers announced.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 9-8-2011 by hrmmm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by hrmmm

So where is the official confirmation of alien life?

Edit to add : My question above was asked when the title of this thread was "Alien Life confirmed:its official". That title has, quite sensibly, been changed by the OP after the first page of this thread.
edit on 9-8-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Lol now now... you know ATSers are prone to sensationalism at the slightest opportunity. Let him have his fun

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
thats old news friend. We know there is bacterial life, the current question is there INTELIGENT life out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

Bacteria is intelligent...

2nd Line.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by otie1

True but theres no reason there couldnt be.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
thats old news friend. We know there is bacterial life, the current question is there INTELIGENT life out there.

oh golly or anywhere for that matter

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

what he said

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

No, we don't know there is bacterial life. When you state that as if it is fact you drag us all down to your level of ignorance. Please, think of the greater good before you post such nonsense. or, can you point to the LIFE SHATTERING and AMAZING scientific CONFIRMATION of alien bacterial life? Of course you can't. I don't care what you believe, I only care about reality.

As far as this ridiculous thread title.......obviously the OP lacks the basic science understanding to properly digest what the article is saying, and perhaps he/she might be a little blinded by the will to believe.....so I think it is our best interest to help them understand that the basic building blocks of dna, as we understand it, is a FAR CRY from alien life, lol.............

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis

No, we don't know there is bacterial life. When you state that as if it is fact you drag us all down to your level of ignorance. Please, think of the greater good before you post such nonsense. or, can you point to the LIFE SHATTERING and AMAZING scientific CONFIRMATION of alien bacterial life? Of course you can't. I don't care what you believe, I only care about reality.

As far as this ridiculous thread title.......obviously the OP lacks the basic science understanding to properly digest what the article is saying, and perhaps he/she might be a little blinded by the will to believe.....so I think it is our best interest to help them understand that the basic building blocks of dna, as we understand it, is a FAR CRY from alien life, lol.............

Parts of this without the harsh raking.
Alien bacterial life has NEVER been declared found. To state otherwise is dis-information at its worst.
Like someone said, what you want to believe has no bearing on what actually is.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Intelligence way aside, when did we ever hear there was any kind of life, bacterial or otherwise?

The building blocks of life are no more life than a chunk of steel is a Ferrari.

Jumping the gun, big-time. There is absolutely nothing but theory and speculation about life being anywhere other than Earth. If there's ever "proof" that life is elsewhere - any kind of life - that will be very big news. As yet, not.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

After reading the whole thread as of this post, I have a sincere question for you as what I consider a subject matter expert and long time ATS writer.

After reading this thread, I did a quick Google search on meteorites and DNA, and saw multiple similar reports of this "discovery" in the last few days, including (as examples) The Washington Post and Space.com.

www.washingtonpost.com...

www.space.com...

If this is old news, what has prompted this current media story? Is it being rehashed as a result of the announcement of the potential for Mars surface water? Is it just an additional research validation looking for publicity - or
Thank you in advance for your insights!

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
And the "Search" feature would reveal that this has been posted at least 3 other times:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I just posted a reply/question to IsaacKoi - and I would love to get your take as well as an ATS moderator. Thanks!

link   
Yet another over blown ATS topic... SMH No wonder this site isnt considered credible.

link   

its in the article if you read it,but its declared by Jim Cleaves, a chemist at the Carnegie Institution of Washington

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The snippet I saw on the news confirmed that DNA was found on a metiorite. Neither does that confirm life or aliens but what it does confirm is that life on earth probably started off the back of a DNA plant by a metiorite thus rendering religion as we know it redundant.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

If this is old news, what has prompted this current media story? Is it being rehashed as a result of the announcement of the potential for Mars surface water? Is it just an additional research validation looking for publicity - or
Thank you in advance for your insights!

Hi Open2Truth,

My impression from the relevant articles today is that there are new findings confirming older studies regarding the building blocks of DNA being found in a certain type of meteorite. The new bit seems to be better evidence that the results are not merely the result of contamination by material from this planet.

But this is NOT confirmation of alien life...

All the best,

Isaac

link   
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread738377/pg1#pid12022946]post by MainLineThis[ /url]

Ok uber response guy, im sorry I dont tweak on everything to sum it down to your level. Im only human and I only put my opinion. Sorry Im human.

link   
reply to post by hrmmm

More "soft" disclosure, just like water on Mars last week....

Anyone else see how NASA is giving just enough each week?

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join