It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Amazon tribe may have fallen victim to drug traffickers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Suspected Peruvian drug traffickers have destroyed a guard post protecting a recently discovered indigenous tribe in Brazil's Amazon rain forest, the aid group Survival International reports. Aerial film and still images of the tribe were first shown to the world in February. The Brazilian government's National Indian Foundation established the guard station near the tribe's territory along Brazil's border with Peru to protect the Indians from outsiders. Survival International said Monday that Brazilian authorities can now find no sign of the tribe. "We think the Peruvians made the Indians flee. ... We are more worried than ever. This situation could be one of the biggest blows we have ever seen in the protection of uncontacted Indians in recent decades. It’s a catastrophe," Carlos Travassos, the head of Brazil's isolated Indians department, said in a Survival International statement.

Article Source
This is sad to hear. Being an American with Indian ancestry in my blood. It hits you very heard. What are your thoughts? Just another sad story in Latin America?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
omg, i hope their found and their way of life uncorrupted

imagine the knowledge we could have learned from them, their stories, religion, medicinal knowledge

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I think what ever it takes to stop this from ever happening again

should be done.

I don't care what it is...kill users, pushers, legalize drugs if you have to.

You can't turn murderers and thieves into sterling characters so you must eliminate the desire and remove the incentive of any profit made from engaging this activity.
All drugs should be legal but administered in controlled settings and regulated.

I am hoping however as reclusive as they are they escaped.

Another consideration is that the first contactees brought this tribe unfamiliar diseases which decreased their numbers and frightened them away from any further contact with "main stream" humans. Funny, I could not say modern humans. They are modern humans. I wish them well.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Already posted

Want me to do the search and post the link for you or you got it?

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by ManOfGod267

I think what ever it takes to stop this from ever happening again should be done.

I don't care what it is...kill users, pushers, legalize drugs if you have to.

Quoted for truth, this should be the line where the madness shouldn't cross.

This is for me the saddest news of the day.

top topics

join