It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our planet - what have we done ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I'm sitting here at work, looking at a summary of the current world topics - and it's a depressing, sad state of affairs we are in.

London Riots - anarchy, mob rule ... society at one of its lowest points.

Crash 'was a trap' - A helicopter which crashed killing 30 US troops in Afghanistan was shot down after the Taliban laid a trap to lure US forces into the area.

Troops fire on funeral as Saudi king calls on Syria to end the bloodshed - Syrian troops have fired on mourners at a funeral, killing dozens of people

Soldier 'kept body parts' - Britain's Ministry of Defence is investigating claims that a soldier kept body parts of dead Taliban fighters as 'souvenirs'.

$65b wiped off market- Aussie stocks lose billions of dollars in value in the opening minutes of trade, as fear shows little sign of easing

Marange diamond field: Zimbabwe torture camp discovered A torture camp run by Zimbabwe's security forces is operating in the country's rich Marange diamond fields, BBC Panorama has found.

This is just the current, daily headlines - obviously there is so much more going on.

What's next?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
We are reaping what we have sown my friend. For what it is worth, it will be better for those who make it through.

Final Warning

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
All we can do is wait and see what happens. I'm quite scared myself about everything going on. My great grand parents went through the big depression. I worry. My grand pappy always said, "never take out credit". "Pay cash for everything"!

Did I listen? No. Yes, we have much to fear. Wish I listened to my ancestors. I love my grand pappy and grand dad more than I can say (they are gone now). They knew however. What are we going to do?

Edited to add: I DID NOT LISTEN.
edit on 8-8-2011 by brilab45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Do you have more knowledge about these times? Are you an E.T.? I will wait for your answers before posing more questions in relation to the OP.
Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

do not worry. in times like these, lenders lose and borrowers win. eventually inflation will make your debts go down the sink.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think you need a historical perspective. I wish I could say that the above headlines were unique to our times...

However, due to man's darker nature...they are not.

It is at this point that I use WWII and the Great Depression as an example of global economic collapse and the tragic toll of warfare. But for a change...let's go to the 1870s and 1880s.

Another Victim in White Hall Found...Jack the Ripper Strikes Again.

The James-Younger Gang Take Down Another Train

Custer Dead... 7th Calvary Ambushed at Little Big Horn

British Force Annihilated at Isandlewanah...

Zulus Repulsed at Rork's Drift...Thousands Killed

Pres. Grant Faces a Struggling Economy

Chinese Workers Push Immigration to Forefront

Influx of Irish Immigrants Push Immigration to Forefront

War Between France and Germany

Hundreds of Scalps Found After Indian Camp Raid

Tensions Rise between US and Spain

Standard Oil Accussed of Monopoly

Jack the Ripper Strkes White Hall Again... Two in one night...Hearts Rumoured Taken

Treatys Rulled Void As Gold Rush Hits Dakota Territory

James-Younger Gang Repulsed at Northfield Raid

I could go on, but these are just off the top of my head...but hope you get my point. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

This is not to make light of the challenges in front of us, but frankly, after some of the things our world has seen...and we survived... I think we will be OK.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
We have been fighting for so long we have forgotten what we did fight for and just kept on fighting. Truth, honour and integrity have been sold out to lies, depiction and ignorance. It is no wonder we are left with a mess.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Could not have said it better myself. In alot of ways the world today is far far better than it has been in the past but unfortunately people who experience it today have a hard time imagining others going through tougher times.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I live on the same island as you OP, and I too am sitting here at work looking at the various headlines and news stories. Probably the only difference is that I hold to a biblical view of the future.

Fwiw I will make the following comments.

As for historical events, sure there have been major world changes long before now, as mentioned, the most common cited being the great depression and WWII. You can google the newspaper headlines at the time around WWII using the key words ‘new world order’ and discover that there were calls for it quite often back then. Frankly, there was a huge shift in the world order post WWII with the founding of the UN, Bretton Woods system and so on.

The major 20th century world wars could well be cited as major birth pangs of those times, much bigger, more destructive and world-changing than any other events previously (with some exceptions perhaps, such as the black plague, freat fire of London 1666 etc) that we now are heading toward yet again. The last major birth pang coming to a dramatic end was the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Had there ever been a man-made destructive event like that occur on such a scale prior to that in history? Clearly, with each mounting world crisis, there is a concomitant increase in its world shaping effects following its destructive climax. The next imo will be no less severe. Another new order is needed on the horizon as the current system unravels and goes into a painful demise, as history clearly shows us.

I was watching a documentary just a couple of weeks ago about the fall of ancient Pacific Islander civilisations. Scientists and archaeologists discovered some very telling developments of what occurred in the times immediately preceding the demise of these civilisations. Their societies had typically come into extreme economic hardships, which led to a social and political breakdown, increased wars and general chaos that characterised the civilisations prior to their collapse. I understand that such a fate has been shared by many civilisations in the past.

The only difference today, is it occurring more on a global level as we are now a global economy and community. So while a couple of posts above like to point to historical data to quell concerns and fears about what is happening with contemporary world events as we are seeing, it is historical events that actually, and perhaps ironically, give just as much, if not more credibility to the claim that there is a major shift of the paradigm on the horizon! No less profound and extraordinary as the world changing events in the 20th century. In fact, given the infrastructures and technologies in place, it is plausible to suggest it will be a lot more incredible than what the vast majority of people can imagine.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Do you have more knowledge about these times? Are you an E.T.? I will wait for your answers before posing more questions in relation to the OP.
Thank you.

How much more knowledge do we need to put the pieces together? Does one need to be an E.T. or come bearing some other-wordly knowledge to see the plain writing on the wall?

Some are amazed at what I see, I am amazed others do not.

With Love,

Your Brother

new topics

top topics

join