It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Tea Party really that extreme? Terrorists? Come on now….

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I just heard a great quote:

"Blaming the Tea Party for the downgrade is like blaming the guy who calls 9-1-1 for the fire." -Bernie Goldberg.

Basically, the Tea Party has called attention to the problem. They didn't CAUSE it...

GG, can't really argue with either point...

Others? Any thoughts?

OT

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear
....... Let's all just ditch the party bs and be Americans for once.

Greatpoint owlbear!!!!

Have we lost the art of compromise?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Let's call a spade a spade and look the problem in the eye - Our problems come from our wars, funding our wars, funding the wars of other countries, propping other countries up with your money and mine, our ridiculous penal system, our horribly unbalanced tax system, greedy people raiding cookie jars, ridiculous salaries, gross mismanagement of health and educational systems.. All of these systems affect people's lives. Some of them manage, shape and control people's lives. The lines of left versus right are so blurred..this is something else.

Some things transcend these labels. Examples are Common Sense and Being Human.

Backslider, you have done well detailing our costs....which would you have not spent on?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by the owlbear

dont recall going around calling anyone terrorist or extremists for thinking we should have a smaller government and stop spending.

if that is spreading hate call me a hater while your at it.

i swear im the problem here thats is so laughable and telling me to get a hobby?

geez i have had enough

carry on

I am curious, neo...have you had enough because there aren't people as partisan as you coming out to your defense on this thread, or just because not enough of your friends are here to star your posts.
edit on 8-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Good night posters....

OT's old and needs sleep

c u tomorrow

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Like I said, get a good hobby. Quit watching the news and enjoy life rather than trying to find the evils done to you by all the liberals from fdr and beyond.

1 i dont like being told what to do
2 i dont find this conversation worth anything

have other things to do and i dont need to make this personal or bring other ats posters into a conversation that is meaningless.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

calling people extremist and terrorists isnt driving up the poltical divisions and creating hatred that leads up to what i said.

no one knows when to stop and thats how that post related to this thread.

for a bunch of touchy feely poltical correct pushers they never practice what they preach.

keep adding fuel to the fire and you eventually get an explosion.

neo96.... you out there?

Where do you stand friend?

T curious?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

where i stand is im a partisan hater as i was told in this thread for defending a persons right to say what they want

and i didnt need to go around calling them terrorists or extremists or tell them to go do something else.

the tea party gets a bad rap because they are the littlest kid in the room,

i stand with the tea party who thinks government is a very big problem and needs to be taken down several notches.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Oh OK, thx for making it clear....

Talk to you later....

OT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join