It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Tea Party really that extreme? Terrorists? Come on now….

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I mean, really, are the folks that push responsible-economic-maturity really that bad?

What are your thoughts here?

Don’t we teach our kids…pay your bills….work hard….debt is bad?

Why can’t we ask our government to do the same?

Any quote/unquote ‘liberals’ out there that really believe that?

OT

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
All this is is a tactic by the left to divide the right. Put a wedge between republicians and tea party because some of the hard core republicians will try to distance themselves from the tea party. This would be actually a good thing so maybe the tea party can go back to what it was orginally made for. The left is trying to force a third party race between the dems, repub, and the tea party there by splitting the votes. This will probably keep Obama in the white house.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
They would at least have sounded half way believable if they all hadn't hit shows on the same day repeating the same couple of lines, word for word, exactly. Even this public still has room to be insulted when they don't even bother to try and keep up appearances as they do us wrong.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I just heard a great quote:

"Blaming the Tea Party for the downgrade is like blaming the guy who calls 9-1-1 for the fire." -Bernie Goldberg.

Basically, the Tea Party has called attention to the problem. They didn't CAUSE it.

I've just seen a montage of several liberal politicians all saying over and over again "the Tea Party Downgrade." They keep saying it over and over, and therefore people believe it.
edit on 8-8-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
All this is is a tactic by the left to divide the right. ..

yes wardk28, that is a strategic move...both sides play...tho

It's all about the VOTE, not the country/future/kids/etc....

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
yeah round up all those evil teaparty people and lock em up and take all their possessions and put in the "fema" camps.

just like the left did when fdr was president to the japanese americans americas own citizens.

come on now repeat history!!!!!!!!

to answer your question NO! they arent that extreme the people who are calling them extreme and terrorists never met a terrorist they havent liked that is til now.

if you think government sucks you might be a teaparty member.
edit on 8-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Anyone that sounds off about "librul" this and "leftist" that and still want to truly change things are still beholden to the system. We need to have good, open dialogues without resorting to blatant grouping and name calling into one camp versus another. Let's all just ditch the party bs and be Americans for once.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think people finally woke up to the bull crap left/right political nonsense that has been coming out of Washington for years. We are tired of the back and forth and the same old faces in the game. 95% of the politicians have their heads up their @ss. The people aren't buying anymore Mr. President and members of the House and Senate. Attack the Tea Party all you want, they want to take away your jobs like you guys did for the American people. The people now realize that whatever is said or done in Washington, the exact opposite is the correct way.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
They would at least have sounded half way believable if they all hadn't hit shows on the same day repeating the same couple of lines, word for word, exactly. Even this public still has room to be insulted when they don't even bother to try and keep up appearances as they do us wrong.

Thx Wrabbit2000 for recognizing the logic....OT appreciates that...

Here's a thought for you to ponder....most folks are not as in tune as you are...meaning, they don't watch as much political TV, or listen to as much radio as you do....

be it (laziness) or they have no time (responsibility) I have a question...

Does a consistent message (verbiage really) nullify the message? To break it down simply, isn't 2 plus 2 four or 22? either way .... truth is truth...no matter how often the message is conveyed?

Are you really saying....the consistency of language dilutes the message???? Not really, right

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The term "Liberal" and "Conservative" as they are commonly understood is so loaded with opinion and inaccuracy nowadays. You can be socially responsible and have a balanced checkbook at the same time.

Let's call a spade a spade and look the problem in the eye - Our problems come from our wars, funding our wars, funding the wars of other countries, propping other countries up with your money and mine, our ridiculous penal system, our horribly unbalanced tax system, greedy people raiding cookie jars, ridiculous salaries, gross mismanagement of health and educational systems.. All of these systems affect people's lives. Some of them manage, shape and control people's lives. The lines of left versus right are so blurred..this is something else.

Some things transcend these labels. Examples are Common Sense and Being Human.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
yeah round up all those evil teaparty people and lock em up and take all their possessions and put in the "fema" camps.

just like the left did when fdr was president to the japanese americans americas own citizens.

come on now repeat history!!!!!!!!

to answer your question NO! they arent that extreme the people who are calling them extreme and terrorists never met a terrorist they havent liked that is til now.

if you think government sucks you might be a teaparty member.
edit on 8-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

No one said anything about locking up tea party people.
You keep trying to keep up this rhetoric to divide people into a left/right paradigm.
Why not use your energy to try to find common ground?
Nearly every post I see from you is a polarized political response.
Maybe you need a hobby.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

calling people extremist and terrorists isnt driving up the poltical divisions and creating hatred that leads up to what i said.

no one knows when to stop and thats how that post related to this thread.

for a bunch of touchy feely poltical correct pushers they never practice what they preach.

keep adding fuel to the fire and you eventually get an explosion.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 8-8-2011 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

"Blaming the Tea Party for the downgrade is like blaming the guy who calls 9-1-1 for the fire." -Bernie Goldberg.

Basically, the Tea Party has called attention to the problem. They didn't CAUSE it.

I've just seen a montage of several liberal politicians all saying over and over again "the Tea Party Downgrade." They keep saying it over and over, and therefore people believe it.

To continue your little analogy...

We aren't blaming the Tea Party for calling 911...we are blaming them for meeting the firefighters at the street and telling them they MUST put out the fire...but they can't use any water from the hydrant. If they want to put out this fire, they are going to have to use the water they already have with them.

No one is saying the Tea Party caused the situation...but they held the situation hostage. In your analogy, the Tea Party IS the cause of the house burning down...because they stepped in the way of the process that has worked for decades that saves the house.

I think I actually really like this analogy....thanks

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

To continue your little analogy...

We aren't blaming the Tea Party for calling 911...we are blaming them for meeting the firefighters at the street and telling them they MUST put out the fire...but they can't use any water from the hydrant. If they want to put out this fire, they are going to have to use the water they already have with them.

No one is saying the Tea Party caused the situation...but they held the situation hostage. In your analogy, the Tea Party IS the cause of the house burning down...because they stepped in the way of the process that has worked for decades that saves the house.

I think I actually really like this analogy....thanks

It's a great analogy but you've assigned the wrong parties to the roles. The Tea Party called 9-1-1 and ASKED for water to put out the fire. The firemen, however, arrived at the scene and argued about how they were going to put out the fire. Not to mention that they are the ones that STARTED the fire in the first place...
edit on 8-8-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: Add more

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Of course the Tea Party is not "that bad." It's just that the left needs someone to blame, so that's who they have picked. The Tea Party says to stop the insane spending. That's hardly economic terrorism. The Left thinks it's perfectly acceptable to borrow 40 cents out of every dollar and wants to do more. The only answer they have is to raise taxes.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was actually shocked when I heard Kerry say that. And He might run against Your moma errrr Obama.

I can't beleive this split in the parties is this wide.

I also just heard a demo say to increase unemployement rates so spending can start again.

Doesn't the Democratic Party read how many Independents are in this Country?

I am truly shocked how badley our Parties represent us. No wondor the world is bailing on our cash..

Everyone see's the writing on the wall....and then they go ahead and blame each OTHER again, and leave for vacation.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I don't blame the Tea Party for anything and I really believe their intentions are noble.

What began as a "revolution" against the system was quickly turned into a Republican puppet movement that was folded right back into the paradigm.

The problem I have with the Tea Party is that they are supposed to be against the big-government, overspending politicians.......so they join ranks with people who have pushed big government-mandated capitalism and spent money as bad as any liberal.

It doesn't make any sense any more. I used to be a Tea Party supporter until it became so ridiculous that I couldn't help but step back and refuse to partake in the hypocrisy! It is surely not the movement that it was at the start. Now it's just a Democrat-bashing wing of the Republican party.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

calling people extremist and terrorists isnt driving up the poltical divisions and creating hatred that leads up to what i said.

no one knows when to stop and thats how that post related to this thread.

for a bunch of touchy feely poltical correct pushers they never practice what they preach.

keep adding fuel to the fire and you eventually get an explosion.

Calling people extremists for their beliefs actually does compound the problem. Obviously, in your own words you don't know when to stop. Seriously, you're just adding fuel to the fire and widening the divide with every post. It is great to get away from the hate, too. Like I said, get a good hobby. Quit watching the news and enjoy life rather than trying to find the evils done to you by all the liberals from fdr and beyond.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

dont recall going around calling anyone terrorist or extremists for thinking we should have a smaller government and stop spending.

if that is spreading hate call me a hater while your at it.

i swear im the problem here thats is so laughable and telling me to get a hobby?

geez i have had enough

carry on

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join