It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress needs to take a clue and fix the budget instead of blaming S&P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I mean, stop blaming S&P... they've been SOFT on you. If they had been for real, the US would have been downgraded to junk.

Look what the senate is doing...
Senate Probing S&P Downgrade

If anyone thought that the Congressional subpoena of Meredith Whitney was taking it too far, you ain't seen nothing yet. According to flashing headlines, the idiots in the Senate now have S&P firmly set in their sights. Reuters adds that, "the Senate Banking committee has begun probing last week's decision by Standard and Poor's to downgrade the U.S. credit rating, a committee aide told Reuters on Monday. The aide said the panel was gathering information about the S&P move but no decision had been made on whether it will hold hearings into the downgrade. But, the aide added, all options were being weighed."

And look what Michael Moore has just said... just freaking clueless....
Michael Moore to Obama: 'Show Some Guts,' Arrest S&P Head

Blaming S&P or even putting them in jail won't do squat. If you build a dam, and there's a hole in it, and then an engineer comes along and sees the hole and claim bloody murder, even if you put the engineer in jail for terrorism or whatever, does that fix the damn hole? NO!

Congress needs to fix the hole... or the dam is gonna break open at some point and the whole town downstream will be wiped out.

But no, they are too busy going on their breaks, or promising the impossible to their constituency...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
are they going to come off their vacations and resume work in DC?

I was wondering about that last night..and thinking that I should call the congressmen and tell them to get up off their a$$es and return or get out. I mean with the country falling apart do they REALLY deserve a "break"?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Even though I don't have much respect for S&P since they rated the mortgage backed securities AAA just before they imploded and caused the financial crash in 2008, I applaud them for standing up in the crowd at this juncture and telling the truth.
We are in big trouble financially with no end in sight and our Congress doesn't have the courage to stand up and do what is needed by cutting the budget because Congress only does 2 things:
1. Get elected
2. Get Re-elected

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Michael Moore to Obama: 'Show Some Guts,' Arrest S&P Head

Was he being serious here? Lol, I don't even know who Michael Moore is but him saying that reminded me of this:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Rassmussen polls show a major Vote of NO CONFIDENCE in Congress.

New Low: 17% Say U.S. Government Has Consent of the Governed

Fewer voters than ever feel the federal government has the consent of the governed....

Voter approval of the job Congress is doing has fallen to a new low - for the second month in a row. Only six percent (6%) now rate Congress' performance as good or excellent.

www.rasmussenreports.com...

THAT is down right pitiful!

Not even a year after the last elections and the public is giving Congress a massive

I think we should all be pushing this in our states:

RECALL the ROGUES!

Why Recall?

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty." -- Thomas Jefferson

Are you happy with the direction your state or local government is taking?
Do you want your state or local government to pass laws that are in conflict with your state's constitution?
Do your state and local governments have spending under control?
Do your state or local government officials listen to or care about your concerns?
Do you think things will change if you do nothing?

If you answered "no" to one or more of these simple questions, and if you live in a state listed on this website, you have the right to recall your elected state and local government officials. Be assured that what happens in your state won't stay in your state. Citizens all over America are looking for ways to rein in out-of-control governmental officials....

new topics

top topics

join