It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bahrain,The Revolution Would Be Not televised

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
So why isnt there any media coverage on Bahrain, the last time i checked tanks rolled in from the Saudi Arabia kingdom the crackdown on protesters is pretty heavy still, it seems that the government is winning in Bahrain, i guess since Bahrain is near Saudi Arabia that Revolution doesn't count.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

my honest guess is they're too busy with the economy and london rioting

I did find some sources through google news search though

all headline news
the guardian
globe and mail

this article says protests have been going on since February - we all know how MSM slacks after the first 3 days

oh but I did actually find a cnn article from yesterday

And while Abdullah has condemned the Syrian crackdown, Saudi Arabia sent troops to Bahrain in March to help its neighboring Gulf monarchy suppress anti-government protesters there. Bahrain's Sunni Muslim rulers accused Shiite-led Iran of fueling demonstrations among the island kingdom's Shiite majority, an accusation the protesters denied

does that count?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
So why isnt there any media coverage on Bahrain, the last time i checked tanks rolled in from the Saudi Arabia kingdom the crackdown on protesters is pretty heavy still, it seems that the government is winning in Bahrain, i guess since Bahrain is near Saudi Arabia that Revolution doesn't count.

There has been a desperate attempt to hide US hypocrisy, in one hand in Yemen US is bombing revolutionaries, in the other hand in Libya US is bombing the Libyan government. Bahrain is the same, US has fully supported Saudi Arabia in its attempt to crush the revolutionaries, but don't loose hope, although you don't see it on the news, reports suggests that Bahrainis are back in the streets holding mass rallies.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

You would be glad to know i support the Bahrain people revolution since that Bahrain is the only real one, aftearall there king is a very strong supportive member of the Royal Saudi Kingdom Family isnt he not?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A friend of mine says its fine out there and offered me work!!

said there was some trouble, but it soon fizzled out...

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

i guess since Bahrain is near Saudi Arabia that Revolution doesn't count.

It's because Bahrain is Shi'ite and so is Iran.

Originally posted by Forevever
my honest guess is they're too busy with the economy and london rioting

But we aren't to busy to invade Libya for the same exact reasons (and soon Syria). That excuse just doesn't fly here...

Originally posted by Forevever
this article says protests have been going on since February - we all know how MSM slacks after the first 3 days

MSM has been talking about Libya, Syria and Egypt every single day until things "got done". In the case of Bahrain, it's a blind eye. Not a day goes by where I don't hear Gaddafi being referred to as the great Satan by MSM.

What happened to imposing a no fly zone? When did the definition of a no fly zone become straight-up bombing raids on infrastructure, civilians, and industry? UNSC resolution 1970 calls for us to PROTECT civilian lives, not endanger.
edit on 8-8-2011 by Weathermen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

reply to post by confreak

You would be glad to know i support the Bahrain people revolution since that Bahrain is the only real one, aftearall there king is a very strong supportive member of the Royal Saudi Kingdom Family isnt he not?

Of course he is...They are the ones who put him in power. You think a Shi'ite majority country would elect themselves a Sunni monarch? Yea, maybe when pigs fly..

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weathermen
UNSC resolution 1970

Err, meant UNSC resolution 1973

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It is a western playground. the protesters voice will be not be heard...we will do our best to keep it that way...

new topics

top topics

join